4 hours ago, russelscout said:

Was getting 3rd at CKLV the goal for him this year? The dude has to go through the Big 10 schedule, the Big 10 tourney, and NCAAs yet. 

No one said his goal was to just get third at CKLV. But he when out and had some really big upsets. and placed 3rd in a really  good tournament.  He turned some heads like i said he would after you stated he didnt look good in a earlier outing. He will be able to compete with the BIG 10...

2 hours ago, HuskerMac said:

No one said his goal was to just get third at CKLV. But he when out and had some really big upsets. and placed 3rd in a really  good tournament.  He turned some heads like i said he would after you stated he didnt look good in a earlier outing. He will be able to compete with the BIG 10...

No doubt. I wish him luck.

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I really wish folks would stop comparing Greshirt True Frosh VS ACTUAL True Frosh.

Acting as if they're the same is so ignorant it's asinine.

They could be the same in age if the “actual true frosh” grayshirted kindergarten or something (or of course could be 2 years apart).

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

They could be the same in age if the “actual true frosh” grayshirted kindergarten or something (or of course could be 2 years apart).

Example: True Frosh Mark Hall was 42 years old. He was actually three years older than 5th year senior Alex Meyer he faced in his first Varsity match(which he lost 7-5).

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, russelscout said:

I don't think it was a good move. IMO he didn't look great against UNI. I don't know why they would hurry him out like they did. There was plenty of season to get him in some opens first before making that decision.

I understand your thought process but I am glad that Manning and company pulled his redshirt early. If they waited until after the first of the year he wouldn't have gotten tough competition to wrestle at CKLV. Iowa and PSU usually don't have any tough tournaments until the SS and Midlands.(not sure if either of those teams are wrestling either tournament this year). Midlands does allow redshirts but from how I understand it your team has to be there to get into it.

BTW I was glad they pulled the shirt before his good tournament at Vegas. I watched him at the Daktronics open and was very mpressed