Sign in to follow this  
klehner

A peek inside grey-shirting

5 hours ago, Greatdane67 said:

How many former Cornell wrestlers are there now doing anything related to their "agricultural degree?"

The sympathy card using a comparison to Harvard and Yale is without merit. 

What other Ivy has a "ag school" component where students without the normal academic credentials of their respective universities can still get in and participate in their sports program?

Don't complain about "ag school" with food in the house.

6 hours ago, Greatdane67 said:

How many former Cornell wrestlers are there now doing anything related to their "agricultural degree?"

Why the quotes around their degree?  Is it somehow less of a degree than other degrees from Cornell?  (I'm sure this doesn't reflect the hate of Cornell we see here, right?)

Just this week, Cornell Wrestling posted on their facebook page:

"Wrestler spotlight of the week: 174lb Senior Brandon Womack...AKA “Bama”. Brandon has always had a passion for the agricultural industry and will graduate with a degree in Animal Science and a minor in Agribusiness. "

Just two weeks ago:

"Wrestler Spotlight of the week, Senior Noah Baughman #141. Noah, an Ohio native, will be battling it out on the mat this Saturday against another Ohio native, Tarique Wilson from NC State. After graduating from Cornell he will be working for CitiBank in NYC as an Investment Banking Analyst! As an analyst Noah’s role will be raising capital, providing advisory services for corporate transactions, and completing evaluation work for client companies all over the world!"

I am very critical of the whole redshirt situation, but I think the shots at the ag school are unwarranted. Farmers are absolutely critical to our society and studying agriculture is a noble endeavor. When the rest of the ivy gives Cornell crap for their ag school, it is the worst of ivy elitism. Plus, I’m sure it’s at least more rigorous than Brown.

21 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I couldn't tell you any of the wrestlers involved.  I doubt anybody could since the discussion isn't about them.  For me, the discussion is about Cornell trying to be on a level playing field with Penn State and Iowa.  That means redshirting, admission standards, academic expectations and all the subtleties involved therein.  Not a worthy goal for Cornell.

So, you are saying Cornell is in the wrong to try to win a National title?

Because it is Cornell, they should hold themselves to a higher standard even though what is being done has been done for decades and is totally within the rules?

Is that your argument? Or, is that what you are saying is other peoples argument?

I do not think it is even worth discussing, let alone complaining about it over 5 pages.

Haters gonna hate

1 hour ago, Cruiser94 said:

So, you are saying Cornell is in the wrong to try to win a National title?

Because it is Cornell, they should hold themselves to a higher standard even though what is being done has been done for decades and is totally within the rules?

Is that your argument? Or, is that what you are saying is other peoples argument?

I do not think it is even worth discussing, let alone complaining about it over 5 pages.

Haters gonna hate

Yes, I am saying that winning a national title in wrestling is not a worthwhile goal for Cornell.

Let the ivies have the RTCs.  They must disenroll from school which opens them up for recruitment.  Just like how teams poach wrestlers from academy prep schools.  Rutgers is a good poaching school. Poached Gonzales from USMAPS and Angelo from FLWC.