Jump to content
sansbarksdale

Question about FRL

Recommended Posts

 Is it a requirement to be an awkward nerd to be included on the panel? Holy **** is it hard to watch/listen. I watch mostly mainstream sports where these kinds of panels usually feature accomplished athletes and and personalities with, you know, personality. Say what you want about Willie but at least he's colorful. I'm out on it dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

yes, it is absolutely a requirement. and thank you for not cursing. 

From my perspective you come across as the geekiest one, but also the most witty. 

 

Not it sure why my phone just reposted this.... 

 

and yes yes that is ironic....

Edited by nyum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sansbarksdale said:

 Is it a requirement to be an awkward nerd to be included on the panel? Holy **** is it hard to watch/listen. I watch mostly mainstream sports where these kinds of panels usually feature accomplished athletes and and personalities with, you know, personality. Say what you want about Willie but at least he's colorful. I'm out on it dog

Ever watch the Sports Reporters?  It was basically just a bunch of old dudes yelling at each other.

I do agree that Willie made FRL better, but it's still decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Ever watch the Sports Reporters?  It was basically just a bunch of old dudes yelling at each other.

I do agree that Willie made FRL better, but it's still decent.

The conversation is more coherent now. When Willie was on the show he would go on long tangents, repeating something that someone else had just said because he clearly wasnt listening. There is less arguing. I could see why some would miss that. I still havent missed an episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I'm really digging the era of individuals telling us their choices in podcast.

Guys, I am no longer watching The Walking Dead!  Just thought you should know.

I still watch, but mostly for nostalgia reasons. 
 
sometimes I listen to Rick says CARL and CARROL back to back to see if I can hear the difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Ever watch the Sports Reporters?  It was basically just a bunch of old dudes yelling at each other.

I do agree that Willie made FRL better, but it's still decent.

I agree. This is a recent thing though. Willie for the first 200 episodes of frl was a great asset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

which is ironic because i am by far the strongest and most powerful!

Strong how? Emotionally or in the weight room? Can you deadlift 500 pounds or support a family member through difficult times? Both perhaps? 

Powerful how? Can you fire the other participants? Do you have pictures of them in compromising situations? Are you dating their mothers? 

The world needs answers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sansbarksdale said:

 Is it a requirement to be an awkward nerd to be included on the panel? Holy **** is it hard to watch/listen. I watch mostly mainstream sports where these kinds of panels usually feature accomplished athletes and and personalities with, you know, personality. Say what you want about Willie but at least he's colorful. I'm out on it dog

Maybe you should come out with a podcast. Not to replace Flo, but for reference so we can all see what a collected cool guy is like on the mic. I don't want to rush to judgment here, but I'm usually pretty good at evaluating such things. Without fail people who criticize others for being nerds are always the opposite; just righteous cool dudes. Let's see what you got cool guy!

Anyone think it's weird that Flo is considered less cool now that the guy who lives with his parents is off the podcast? Boy times have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Maybe you should come out with a podcast. Not to replace Flo, but for reference so we can all see what a collected cool guy is like on the mic. I don't want to rush to judgment here, but I'm usually pretty good at evaluating such things. Without fail people who criticize others for being nerds are always the opposite; just righteous cool dudes. Let's see what you got cool guy!

Anyone think it's weird that Flo is considered less cool now that the guy who lives with his parents is off the podcast? Boy times have changed. 

I think it is weird that you keep throwing shade at Willie as a person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

I think it is weird that you keep throwing shade at Willie as a person. 

It's not weird at all. You should be used to it. I have said multiple times that I don't like him or the persona that he portrays. I think his impact is overstated and I don't like how tries to constantly draw attention to himself instead of letting the actual stories from the coaches and athletes doing the talking. I started an entire thread about this. You should take a look at. Its like 7 pages long. 

Do you think it's weird when Tbar hates on Iowa? or when Jon hates on Flo? No, because its just who they are. Let me do me Plasmodium.

Now if you want to argue whether living with your parents going into your late 30's is cool, I am all for it since its consistent with the theme here. I didn't think it was too out of line in a thread that was calling the entire FRL crew awkward nerds. Why don't you think that's weird? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Anyone think it's weird that Flo is considered less cool now that the guy who lives with his parents is off the podcast? Boy times have changed. 

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

It's not weird at all. You should be used to it. I have said multiple times that I don't like him or the persona that he portrays. I think his impact is overstated and I don't like how tries to constantly draw attention to himself instead of letting the actual stories from the coaches and athletes doing the talking. I started an entire thread about this. You should take a look at. Its like 7 pages long. 

Do you think it's weird when Tbar hates on Iowa? or when Jon hates on Flo? No, because its just who they are. Let me do me Plasmodium.

Now if you want to argue whether living with your parents going into your late 30's is cool, I am all for it since its consistent with the theme here. I didn't think it was too out of line in a thread that was calling the entire FRL crew awkward nerds. Why don't you think that's weird? 
 

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Does it seem like Jesus was being a little self righteous in his condemnation of the self righteous??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Do you think it's weird when Tbar hates on Iowa? or when Jon hates on Flo? No, because its just who they are. Let me do me Plasmodium.

 

For the record: I don't hate Flo. And I don't hate *on* Flo. I want to see Flo do better. In several ways it's inferior to, like, all other streaming products.

@russelscout has used a dedicated thread (one that he himself created) for most of his hating on Willie. One option for compromise: Do 'hating on' in one's own threads and stay constructive, improvement-oriented when posting to other persons' threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, russelscout said:

It's not weird at all. You should be used to it. I have said multiple times that I don't like him or the persona that he portrays. I think his impact is overstated and I don't like how tries to constantly draw attention to himself instead of letting the actual stories from the coaches and athletes doing the talking. I started an entire thread about this. You should take a look at. Its like 7 pages long. 

Do you think it's weird when Tbar hates on Iowa? or when Jon hates on Flo? No, because its just who they are. Let me do me Plasmodium.

Now if you want to argue whether living with your parents going into your late 30's is cool, I am all for it since its consistent with the theme here. I didn't think it was too out of line in a thread that was calling the entire FRL crew awkward nerds. Why don't you think that's weird? 
 

I think it is weird because you probably don't know anything about Willie personally his personal life is nobody's busines.  Willie has a professional body of work at least 10 years long.  You should be able to get 8 pages out of that without the Trump impersonation. 

As for TBar - I definitely don't see him as a hater.  He is an unapologetic PSU sycophant.  :)  Sunsets AND sunrises are Blue and White to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jon said:

For the record: I don't hate Flo. And I don't hate *on* Flo. I want to see Flo do better. In several ways it's inferior to, like, all other streaming products.

@russelscout has used a dedicated thread (one that he himself created) for most of his hating on Willie. One option for compromise: Do 'hating on' in one's own threads and stay constructive, improvement-oriented when posting to other persons' threads.

Im not exactly off topic on this thread when the theme is that the loss of Willie has left FRL hard to listen to because now its just "nerds" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...