Sign in to follow this  
goheels1812

Kerkvliet to PSU

51 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Four down 75 to go.  Question - If Snyder were to come out next week and say he and his wife were missing Ohio and that they are moving back, do you think DK would decommit? I'm a huge Cael fan, not PSU, but there is no way you will ever make me believe he is getting people to greyshirt/defer by telling them it is "for the good of the team and yourself" but also telling them they could be recruited over.  It's like you're buying a nice toy but then one you think may be better comes along and you're throwing the old one to the curb except in this case it's people who have given you 2 years of their lives.

Kind of the same thing as football. Recruit a decent team, develop them, and then the state next door brings in a hotshot QB who claims racism at another institution where he couldn’t beat out the starter...

Boom you’re in the college football playoffs as the 1 seed!!!

I have a hard time feeling sorry for tOSU about any of their athletic programs. 

33 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

One way to get Brands over the hump. Natty Portal Champs 2020 ................... IOWA HAWKEYES!

Why not, OHST is the recruiting champ. Trophies for everyone.

Edit: was/were Snyder and Kerk gone, not so much anymore.

1 hour ago, LLB said:

Kind of the same thing as football. Recruit a decent team, develop them, and then the state next door brings in a hotshot QB who claims racism at another institution where he couldn’t beat out the starter...

Boom you’re in the college football playoffs as the 1 seed!!!

I have a hard time feeling sorry for tOSU about any of their athletic programs. 

I agree basically with what you said and I'm not feeling sorry for Ohio State. and wrestling is not alone in despicable acts done by coaches for sure.

9 hours ago, Idaho said:

Coast is the key...he will end up at Fresno State. 

Every one on this forum is just assuming that Nevills is going to accept that he can't beat out Kerklievit and leave PSU.  Seth N started out at a pretty high level coming out of High School and has had a couple of years to develop with great coaches and great training partners.  Seth may not agree with the consensus on this board that he can not win the starting heavyweight spot at PSU over his new rival.  I think if he stays and competes he has a shot at winning the spot.

14 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

This is obviously Cassar's last year. He should pick up his 2nd title in March and then just keep heading West until he hits Hollywood and cashes in on a Rock type career in action movies. 

I think that’s exactly what Shak wants to do, only with a 1st title.

As for Nevills, maybe Oregon State? He could train with Dehsi if he’s still there.

2 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Every one on this forum is just assuming that Nevills is going to accept that he can't beat out Kerklievit and leave PSU.  Seth N started out at a pretty high level coming out of High School and has had a couple of years to develop with great coaches and great training partners.  Seth may not agree with the consensus on this board that he can not win the starting heavyweight spot at PSU over his new rival.  I think if he stays and competes he has a shot at winning the spot.

Sure he could do that but if he doesn't win then he burns a year. He can't be pleased about this in any way and not a vote of confidence. Not a common situation as most teams can't afford to have 2 top end 285 guys on roster knowing 1 will be sitting.  Would be fitting if Nevills left and then Kerk ends up laid up leaving PSU's cheese in the wind. 

Edited by BLT

If I understand this correctly:

A. Kerkvliet first committed to wrestle for Minnesota (where he's from)

B. Kerkvliet changed his commitment to Oklahoma State

C. Kerkvliet actually signed to wrestle for Ohio State

D. Kerkvliet enrolled at Ohio State last fall

E. Kerkvliet entered the transfer portal on Nov. 1st of this year

F. Kerkvliet has now "committed" to wrestle for Penn State

Does that about sum it up?

The only question that comes to my mind is...........WHERE will he ACTUALLY be at next season?

Edited by Bronco
addition