Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

Wow..West Virginia is just Awful

Recommended Posts

Good coaches can turn things around instantly. Flynn isn’t a good coach.  At this point in his life he has no other marketable skills. He’s been a coach his entire professional career.  Not sure his ego will allow him to be an assistant, but a leader he is not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lefty142 said:

Good coaches can turn things around instantly. Flynn isn’t a good coach.  At this point in his life he has no other marketable skills. He’s been a coach his entire professional career.  Not sure his ego will allow him to be an assistant, but a leader he is not.  

Based off of what evidence is he “not a good coach” ? He coached edinboro to a 5th place finish, he recruited well to a place that’s cold like 9 months out of the year with ancient equipment and consistently got guys on the podium. How many guys in the lineup are Flynn recruited guys right now? I would bet less then half, he took over a program with nothing really left, he needs to completely rebuild it.

Edited by Antitroll2828

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

Based off of what evidence is he “not a good coach” ? He coached edinboro to a 5th place finish, he recruited well to a place that’s cold like 9 months out of the year with ancient equipment and consistently got guys on the podium. How many guys in the lineup are Flynn recruited guys right now? I would bet less then half, he took over a program with nothing really left, he needs to completely rebuild it.

He also got a 3rd place finish the next year...

To answer the question, two. Liam Lusher and Scott Joll.

Edited by SetonHallPirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lefty142 said:

Good coaches can turn things around instantly. Flynn isn’t a good coach.  At this point in his life he has no other marketable skills. He’s been a coach his entire professional career.  Not sure his ego will allow him to be an assistant, but a leader he is not.  

HATER.

Flynn is in year 2. Not sure of his recruits or red shirts, but he did a hell of a job at Edinboro.

No doubt that WVU should be better, but I do not think it is fair to blame Flynn for the entire state of the program when he is just getting started.

Sammie Henson who is an accomplished wrestler and assistant coach was there for three years and left a mess. 

Maybe Flynn does not get this program turned around, but he definitely deserves more than 16 months to do it.

Edited by Cruiser94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Noah Adams is now 21-0 with almost 60 percent bonus rate with 5 ranked wins and he’s only a sophomore...Tim Flynn seems to be making some progress in Morgantown 

You would have to expect Adams to jump all the way to 5 or 6 in the rankings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeffrideal said:

You would have to expect Adams to jump all the way to 5 or 6 in the rankings. 

Yea it would make sense, he out placed 6 people ranked ahead of him, holshag hasn’t wrestled since November, Brucki and warner have 2 loses each, Brunner has multiple loses , they currently have the guy from Lehigh that lost to Conel ranked above him , so hopefully Adams starts to get some attention because he’s made some big jumps this past year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea it would make sense, he out placed 6 people ranked ahead of him, holshag hasn’t wrestled since November, Brucki and warner have 2 loses each, Brunner has multiple loses , they currently have the guy from Lehigh that lost to Conel ranked above him , so hopefully Adams starts to get some attention because he’s made some big jumps this past year.

I've kept an eye on this guy since he beat Ben Honis in an early season dual last season - Adams finished the season 19-15, and had some close loses against some top guys.  Went 1-2 at Nationals as a RS Frosh.  Looks liked he's upped his game a bit more his season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, red blades said:

I've kept an eye on this guy since he beat Ben Honis in an early season dual last season - Adams finished the season 19-15, and had some close loses against some top guys.  Went 1-2 at Nationals as a RS Frosh.  Looks liked he's upped his game a bit more his season.

I’m sure just physically maturing has played a big part, he was 19 wrestling grown men all last year, I hope he can AA this year and get the ball rolling for Flynn..I know one thing for sure , if a sports team is good at WVU the fans will come out and support them and it’ll be a pretty wild environment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adams pinned Geer last night and is now 23-0 with 6 ranked wins, there is 0 reason why he shouldn’t be ranked #2 going into next week, I think Flynn deserves so credit for Adams rapid development

does anyone know how any of WV redshirting guys are doing this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...