Fletcher

Rivera at 133 for the year?

36 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

To be honest I wish he would go back to 125 to wrestle spencer lee again. he beat him twice already

Well looks like that interview was before DeAugustino lost to Cardani and Medley (and also before RBY beat DeSanto)

Not that Rivera is scared of anyone, but he may think he has a better chance of beating Lee/Mueller/Glory/Picc than getting through the Gauntlet of Gross/RBY/DeSanto 

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well looks like that interview was before DeAugustino lost to Cardani and Medley (and also before RBY beat DeSanto)

Not that Rivera is scared of anyone, but he may think he has a better chance of beating Lee/Mueller/Glory/Picc than getting through the Gauntlet of Gross/RBY/DeSanto 

Man that's a tough route either way...IMO 133 looks like the better route only because Lee looks to be the show stopper this year - he is at another level right now. Seabass knows how to wrestle him, but I don't think that's the same match. Gauntlet is the right word for both weights. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Man that's a tough route either way...IMO 133 looks like the better route only because Lee looks to be the show stopper this year - he is at another level right now. Seabass knows how to wrestle him, but I don't think that's the same match. Gauntlet is the right word for both weights. 

I’ve heard D’Augustino has a tough time making the cut to 125 if it’s really an issue it may be better to have Seabass wrestle there ,considering he said he made 57kg with no issues 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’ve heard D’Augustino has a tough time making the cut to 125 if it’s really an issue it may be better to have Seabass wrestle there ,considering he said he made 57kg with no issues 

In the interview series he did with flo, he seemed to be pretty open about how the cut for the trials was pretty difficult. He also said that, although he thinks he could make 125 this year, it would be difficult and that he felt his wrestling was better at 133. I'm convinced that he'll be staying at 133 this year but like another poster said he's already changed his mind once.

7 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I think it is safe to assume that all 125s have a hard time making that weight.  Hard to find 18-24 year old children in college.  

College weights are due for an overhaul:

130, 135, 140, 145, 155, 165, 177, 188, 205, HWT.  

OR give a 2lb allowance after 28DEC.

OR make it a one semester sport with the postseason in January.  

If we are going to change weights why not go to the Olympic weights - maybe with the extra ones?  It also might make sense to give wrestlers more time between weigh ins and matches - similar to freestyle. 

57 kg - 125 pounds

61 kg - 134 pounds

65 kg - 143 pounds

70 kg - 154 pounds

74 kg - 163 pounds

79 kg - 174 pounds

86 kg - 190 pounds

92 kg - 203 pounds

97 kg - 214 pounds

125 kg - 276 pounds

2 minutes ago, JerryCallo said:

If we are going to change weights why not go to the Olympic weights - maybe with the extra ones?  It also might make sense to give wrestlers more time between weigh ins and matches - similar to freestyle. 

57 kg - 125 pounds

61 kg - 134 pounds

65 kg - 143 pounds

70 kg - 154 pounds

74 kg - 163 pounds

79 kg - 174 pounds

86 kg - 190 pounds

92 kg - 203 pounds

97 kg - 214 pounds

125 kg - 276 pounds

Go 202 and 213 instead and I am sold.

Also I think 130 needs to be the limit for heavy