Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Call your CKLV semi final upset

Here are the match ups: https://www.flowrestling.org/results/6607319-2019-cliff-keen-las-vegas-collegiate-wrestling-invitational/27261

Only because Taylor Lujan is the 5 seed and Hoagie Hidlay is the 2 seed, gotta call this an upset even though nobody would be shocked. Calling Lujan to win this one. Mostly the semi's will be chalk, imo. 

38 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Here are the match ups: https://www.flowrestling.org/results/6607319-2019-cliff-keen-las-vegas-collegiate-wrestling-invitational/27261

Only because Taylor Lujan is the 5 seed and Hoagie Hidlay is the 2 seed, gotta call this an upset even though nobody would be shocked. Calling Lujan to win this one. Mostly the semi's will be chalk, imo. 

You mean 5 rank and 2 rank. Hoagie is 3 seed and Lujan is 2 seed.

I will go with Schroder over Mackall at 125 then he keeps it close with Desanto's kryptonite.

I would love to see Koontz beat Tucker. It is more possible than folks are likely considering. Fuggit. Lovett over Koontz in the finals.

Interesting tidbit: NC State 133lber Trombley is the reason Schroder is not a 4xer. 10th grade Trombley beat Schroder in the State Finals Schroder's senior season at 119lbs. Trombley ended up being a 4xer himself. Also Schroder is the reason Storr of Michigan is not a 4xer. He beat Storr their soph seasons in the finals at 112lbs.

141? Nobody at CKLV is beating this version of Pletcher at 141 this weekend. He will face McKeeeeeeeee

Lee VS Sasso in the finals.

Deakin over Hidlay in the finals. Deakin will ride Carr into the mat.

Shields over Smith. 2nd top 5 win of the season for Smith.

Valencia over Lydy.  Valencia opens up.

Valencia over Hoagie. Horrible matchup for Hoagie too.

Moore over Brunner. Mainly because I don't want to see another Woodley snoozefest even if I do believe he places Top 5 in march.

Edited by nhs67
Added more tidbits

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I will go with Schroder over Mackall at 125 then he keeps it close with Desanto's kryptonite.

I would love to see Koontz beat Tucker. It is more possible than folks are likely considering. Fuggit. Lovett over Koontz in the finals.

Interesting tidbit: NC State 133lber Trombley is the reason Schroder is not a 4xer. 10th grade Trombley beat Schroder in the State Finals Schroder's senior season. Trombley ended up being a 4xer himself.

141? Nobody at CKLV is beating this version of Pletcher at 141 this weekend. He will face McKeeeeeeeee

Moore over Brunner. Mainly because I don't want to see another Woodley snoozefest even if I do believe he places Top 5 in march.

Koontz is suckering guys into his Greco positions. I think Tucker is too smart to fall into the trap. Tucker wins, just imo. 

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Interesting tidbit: NC State 133lber Trombley is the reason Schroder is not a 4xer. 10th grade Trombley beat Schroder in the State Finals Schroder's senior season. Trombley ended up being a 4xer himself.

I think Carr hits 2 or 3 first period takedowns on Deakin and then doesn’t choose bottom

Anthony Valencia’s bottom deficiencies could be a problem in the semis and finals, but I’d love to see him win. 

Just now, Housebuye said:

I think Carr hits 2 or 3 first period takedowns on Deakin and then doesn’t choose bottom

Anthony Valencia’s bottom deficiencies could be a problem in the semis and finals, but I’d love to see him win. 

Steiert big brothered Valencia to the tune of a 10-1 beating and about 45 minutes of riding time last year.

I want to believe in AV at least for the remainder of 2019. Of he flakes out here I will likely remove him from my 'Possible Contenders' list. For good.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Steiert big brothered Valencia to the tune of a 10-1 beating and about 45 minutes of riding time last year.

I want to believe in AV at least for the remainder of 2019. Of he flakes out here I will likely remove him from my 'Possible Contenders' list. For good.

Yeah exactly. Steiert has stingy defense and is excellent on top. It’s the worst possible matchup for Anthony. 

I still think Anothny is a contender in every match. He proved it by taking down Hall. Nobody does that. I was hoping Zeke would figure out how to coach him, but he has failed at it so far. 

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yeah exactly. Steiert has stingy defense and is excellent on top. It’s the worst possible matchup for Anthony. 

I still think Anothny is a contender in every match. He proved it by taking down Hall. Nobody does that. I was hoping Zeke would figure out how to coach him, but he has failed at it so far. 

I honestly think it is more a failure at being coachable. One or two seasons lost and it's on coaching... if he never comes to fruition as an elite placer this or next year it is AV.

22 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Meyer from Lehigh took down Hall last night, IIRC.  Edit:  got my PSU studs confused, sorry.

Edited by klehner