Some guy's instagram post

He's not that big a dude. I would say he is 5' 9".  I spoke to him a bit at Farrell. He seems like a nice, soft-spoken kid who is getting a raw deal. If he puts on some muscle, or maybe if not, I see him in Tokyo, whatever his name is.

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

He's not that big a dude. I would say he is 5' 9".  I spoke to him a bit at Farrell. He seems like a nice, soft-spoken kid who is getting a raw deal. If he puts on some muscle, or maybe if not, I see him in Tokyo, whatever his name is.

You sure you were talking to the right brother because gable is listed as 6 foot even and looking at him next to Cassar that seems about right 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You sure you were talking to the right brother because gable is listed as 6 foot even and looking at him next to Cassar that seems about right 

Positive. No way is he 6 feet. I don't know why, but roster heights are oft exaggerated.

35 minutes ago, NJDan said:

He was arrested, but never formally charged. He should not be suspended-- presumption of innocence, due process and all that.

Yea but it’s a pending investigation and in a court of law and in the state of Minnesota he does have the presumption of innocence but he’s suspended by the university...could you imagine if they let him wrestle while under investigation and then a few months down the road he’s charged? Do you realize how terrible that would look for the school not to mention how unfair that would be to the victim? Minnesota has had enough image issues in the last decade especially involving the wrestling team, they are in full damage control mode 

you say he got a raw deal but if he’s not innocent then I’d say he’s getting a pretty fair deal, wrestling in freestyle tournaments posting on Instagram, walking around a free man

for the record I hope it isn’t true and he eventually gets on with his wrestling life but this isn’t like someone reporting something 5 years later, something happened and the girl went to the hospital immediately after so before people start saying he “got a raw deal” probably should just wait and see

Edited by Antitroll2828

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea but it’s a pending investigation and in a court of law and in the state of Minnesota he does have the presumption of innocence but he’s suspended by the university...could you imagine if they let him wrestle while under investigation and then a few months down the road he’s charged? Do you realize how terrible that would look for the school not to mention how unfair that would be to the victim? Minnesota has had enough image issues in the last decade especially involving the wrestling team, they are in full damage control mode 

you say he got a raw deal but if he’s not innocent then I’d say he’s getting a pretty fair deal, wrestling in freestyle tournaments posting on Instagram, walking around a free man

for the record I hope it isn’t true and he eventually gets on with his wrestling life but this isn’t like someone reporting something 5 years later, something happened and the girl went to the hospital immediately after so before people start saying he “got a raw deal” probably should just wait and see

Yes. he may be charged. So what. He is innocent now. He may never be charged. It's a state university.  The suspension is unconstitutional. 

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Yes. he may be charged. So what. He is innocent now. He may never be charged. It's a state university.  The suspension is unconstitutional. 

Have you stepped foot on a college campus lately? Everything about college campuses is unconstitutional 

Well the 5th and 14th amendments cover due process, but my guess is that Gable is dealing with a bifurcated process, one is the criminal, and the other is administrative. So even though criminal process made not proceed to a prosecution, it may be that administratively he may be found in violation of some sort of policy or personal conduct rule. So, who knows what will happen, or when we will find out. 

4 hours ago, NJDan said:

He was arrested, but never formally charged. He should not be suspended-- presumption of innocence, due process and all that.

Presumption of innocence deals with the court of law. Not everything in the country. The university is following the university protocol and procedures, that were in place well before he got there. Can you direct me to the articles of the constitution that are being violated? I can’t seem to find them. 

Additionally, although Gable may be innocent until proven guilty, you see many individuals suspended or placed on administrative leave until internal investigations are cleared up. Although many of us are huge Gable fans, you also have to realize that the allegations were of a highly sensitive and serious matter, so I believe that the University will wait for the investigation to be completed, and then they will act. 

22 minutes ago, de4856 said:

Well the 5th and 14th amendments cover due process, but my guess is that Gable is dealing with a bifurcated process, one is the criminal, and the other is administrative. So even though criminal process made not proceed to a prosecution, it may be that administratively he may be found in violation of some sort of policy or personal conduct rule. So, who knows what will happen, or when we will find out. 

Schools throw out tons of students who have never been convicted of anything. The schools mostly have peer review by students that they call by different names. Not that you have said anything to the contrary, but just stating that if they want to throw you out, you are going to get thrown out. Is that fair? Often no, but they are allowed to do it and there ain't **** in the Constitution to stop it. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Schools throw out tons of students who have never been convicted of anything. The schools mostly have peer review by students that they call by different names. Not that you have said anything to the contrary, but just stating that if they want to throw you out, you are going to get thrown out. Is that fair? Often no, but they are allowed to do it and there ain't **** in the Constitution to stop it. 

there is a lot of litigation about this right now - there is a trend towards requiring more due process in campus discipline. not sure how it will shake out or even if this is good or bad because there are a lot of competing interests.