Sign in to follow this  
PA-Fan

Taylor

If, a big if, he beats Dake... EASILY, the OW. No argument anywhere.
I think whoever wins that final will be OW period. No matter how easily the win comes to them..

PSU fan here and pulling for TAYLOR all the way,but my vote would have to go to the winner of the toughest bracket,not who mows thru sub-par competition. 174 champ gets my nod.

I disagree about 174 being the "toughest" bracket. Deepest, yes. Toughest to win? Not even close. Actually maybe the easiest to win (if there were such a thing). What I mean by that is that there is no one that is an unbelievable wrestler like a Taylor or a Dake. A lower seeded wrestler that is not a previous AA could win 174 and it would be no surprise. It will take beating one of the all-time greats to win 165.

174 is one of the deepest weights and most likely is the deepest, but it's not the toughest IMO. If either Dake or Taylor wins rather convincingly meaning not 3-2 and it's not very close like the previous two matches, then I think that's who wins the OW. The winner at 197 may have a shot, Ruth absolutely should be considered if he doesn't get upset, the winner of the 133 final if it's not real close, I really like L. Stieber and what he's done this year and this week. I don't see Graff or Ramos beating him, but you never know.

174 is one of the deepest weights and most likely is the deepest, but it's not the toughest IMO. If either Dake or Taylor wins rather convincingly meaning not 3-2 and it's not very close like the previous two matches, then I think that's who wins the OW. The winner at 197 may have a shot, Ruth absolutely should be considered if he doesn't get upset, the winner of the 133 final if it's not real close, I really like L. Stieber and what he's done this year and this week. I don't see Graff or Ramos beating him, but you never know.

174 definitely isn't the toughest weight. I don't think it's the deepest either. I think the lack of a dominant force at the weight makes the weight look better than it is. If 149 didn't have Oliver, I think it would be looked at the same way 174 is. Guys like Storley, Brown, Evans, and Perry are all very good, but they're young and arn't yet at the level that we typically expect national champions to be (no disrespect to them, but it's true.) It's kin of similar to 184 of two years ago when guys like Wright, Hamlin, and Gambrall were making runs at the title while still only sophomores.

It is the most fun weight to watch though.