Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Russia is banned by WADA for 4 years

WADA banned Russia for 4 years, Russian athletes wont be able to compete in international tournaments for 4 years and Russian team will be deprived of the opportunity to participate in international tournaments for 4 years. (football is not included).

my opinion: clear athlets winn compete for union olympic team, it is good. I think WADA's decision is very very justice! it will be a good lesson for Russian anti-doping agency and cheaters. Flo wrestling is happy, congrats 

I'm somewhat pro-Russian in general but they deserved this ban, it would make a complete joke out of all anti-doping efforts if they were allowed to continue with only a slap on the wrist after this and their 'it's all a big unfair conspiracy against us' domestic spin is unbecoming.

Edited by ufo

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

WADA had precisely zero authority, FWIW. They can 'ban' Russia all they want. Let's see if FIFA, UWW, IOC, etc all have the testicular fortitude to follow through on the 'suggested' ban.

Soccer isn't included from what I read.  

FWIW...FIFA may b e the most corrupt of them all.

11 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Also: Individuals may be allowed. Are wrestlers like to be among the individuals who are permitted to compete?

There is Olympic precedence. Eastern German, the Federation of Russian Athletes, etc in 1992.

That was due to bbn political strife within their countries, though. Not crap smoke-and-mirror tactics of hiding their juice use.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

At this point this is just the recommendation from WADA’s athlete committee, correct?

Yes.  Even sanctions are merely 'recommendations' from their committee.  They aren't a law affirming federation that requires respect.  They're simply an athletic commission that is more well respected on a global scale than our state commissions that actually do have authority within their own state.

If someone gets suspended from California, Nevada or New York don't actually have to respect it.  WADA doesn't hold any sovereignty.  For wrestling it is USA Wrestling here, UWW worldwide events, and for the Olympics it is an entirely different IOC.

The IOC is bound through its bylaws to adhere to WADA’s recommendations, though (or the decision of an appeals court for international athletics, where this is probably headed). That’s why there’s so much drama around the IOC President saying he didn’t want a ban even before the details and recommendations from WADA were finalized. Making things even more bizarre, the two organizations have been criticized in the past because WADA gets its funding from the IOC, creating questions about its independence. 

6 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Soccer isn't included from what I read.  

FWIW...FIFA may b e the most corrupt of them all.

FIFA (UEFA) won't bann Russia, UWW we know how they love money and corruption, i dont think UWW will band Russia for 4 years. About IOC decision, we'll see what they will do. 

8 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

FIFA (UEFA) won't bann Russia, UWW we know how they love money and corruption, i dont think UWW will band Russia for 4 years. About IOC decision, we'll see what they will do. 

Soccer is excluded.  I only mention FIFA because they are corrupt to the core.

I will be surprised if UWW or the IOC ban anyone.  

Russia has pretty much all the MFS weights already qualified, so it’ll just be a matter of picking the neutral-nation rep. Not sure about WFS or Greco. The Olympics wouldn’t be the same without a full Russian team and I want them to compete, but it would be an outright embarrassment if the IOC allowed it after what Russia pulled last time.

8 hours ago, ufo said:

I'm somewhat pro-Russian in general but they deserved this ban, it would make a complete joke out of all anti-doping efforts if they were allowed to continue with only a slap on the wrist after this and their 'it's all a big unfair conspiracy against us' domestic spin is unbecoming.

Can you define "Pro-Russian"