Jimmy Cinnabon

Zahid vs Brooks, how does it go down?

17 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Handles him? Mark Hall beat him 5-0 and rode him for 3 and half minutes , then zahid won a one point match in the final that doesn’t qualify as “handling” someone.

In freestyle... most recently... handled pretty well.  Don't recall the score, but do recall it wasn't as close as his folk matches. 

30 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

In freestyle... most recently... handled pretty well.  Don't recall the score, but do recall it wasn't as close as his folk matches. 

Hall "handled" Valencia in a more convincing fashion 4-0. Zahid spent half the match flat on his face. However, he did just make 174 pounds after crossing the country. Which doesn't meet my definition of "handling" in either match, 5-0, or 4-0. They are just 2 evenly matched wrestlers, and one has a size advantage.

8 hours ago, 82bordeaux said:

Hall "handled" Valencia in a more convincing fashion 4-0. Zahid spent half the match flat on his face. However, he did just make 174 pounds after crossing the country. Which doesn't meet my definition of "handling" in either match, 5-0, or 4-0. They are just 2 evenly matched wrestlers, and one has a size advantage.

This whole size advantage argument is so weak. It’s not like they weighed in at different weight classes and then hall bumped up only to lose. Even then a size advantage is a piss poor excuse for losing. 

2 hours ago, nyum said:

This whole size advantage argument is so weak. It’s not like they weighed in at different weight classes and then hall bumped up only to lose. Even then a size advantage is a piss poor excuse for losing. 

Fair enough. Then the benefit of the doubt I gave ZV for the weight cut gets thrown out. They've wrestled all close matches, save for handling each other once.

7 hours ago, nyum said:

Still it remains interesting that Hsll won in the dual and the ncaa semi where its either a close weigh in or one more weigh in the following morning and Zahid won 2 ncaa finals where the match is many hours from weigh in and no need to hold weight.

This suggests that the shorter the weigh in the harder it is for Zahid.

Edited by TBar1977

15 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Zahid vs Brooks, how does it go down?  Answer: No one is beating Zahid this season.

I don't think anyone is going to beat Zahid this season as well but I think people were just as sure that nobody was beating Myles Martin last year at 184lbs as you are that nobody is beating Zahid at 184lbs this year.  It's way too early to be sure of anything.

3 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

I don't think anyone is going to beat Zahid this season as well but I think people were just as sure that nobody was beating Myles Martin last year at 184lbs as you are that nobody is beating Zahid at 184lbs this year.  It's way too early to be sure of anything.

I believe Zahid has a good chance at taking a loss this year.

I also believe you're incorrect about who was more likely to go undefeated.