Crash

Flo's Side of Lawsuit Against W. Saylor and Rofkin

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Does that mean we get two weeks of stripping?

I'm only still a Flo subscriber cause Willie fixed an issue couple years ago.  When I signed up this last year (expires mid Jan 20) Willie was still part of Flo so feel I've paid for the stripping if in the next couple weeks.

Perhaps someone who actually uses Twitter could ask for a friend?  ;)

Oh it never expires, unless your CC expires and they can't bill you automatically.  

1 hour ago, Sstern said:

The granting of the TRO does not bode well for him.  In most instances the 2 weeks is to shut him down temporarily if Flo has shown enough.  He would in many states get another crack at a preliminary injunction hearing.  That 2nd hearing usually is to determine if the prohibition stays in place longer.

His flippant comments would seem, at least to me, some recognition that the immediate future doesn’t look great.

I don’t care because I haven’t followed him or think he adds much to my fandom.

I truly will never understand why he’s reporting on his own trial in such a puerile manner or why his lawyer allows him to continue. He is doing himself no favors at best and more likely digging himself into a deeper hole. 

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I truly will never understand why he’s reporting on his own trial in such a puerile manner or why his lawyer allows him to continue. He is doing himself no favors at best and more likely digging himself into a deeper hole. 

Edited by matts1w

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Surely it’s not influenced by a few Budweiser’s late at night as the tweets usually disappear in the morning...

4 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Does tweeting about his trial count as “reporting on wrestling”?  If not maybe he’ll do a podcast about it

On 12/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, ugarte said:

I'd be surprised if it were anything more interesting than scheduling or a referral to mediation but fireworks would be interesting.

whoops. TRO hearing should have been obvious in a non-competion case. 

whatever the rokfin/willie defenses are they are going to require more evidence and explanation than the plain language of willie's contract so I'm not surprised that Flo won the TRO hearing. 

lol to $197 for the transcript. 

10 minutes ago, ugarte said:

whatever the rokfin/willie defenses are they are going to require more evidence and explanation than the plain language of willie's contract so I'm not surprised that Flo won the TRO hearing. 

Fairweather fan.  :)

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

You’re betraying your Columbia law degree. We demand a prediction of what happens next. 

42 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Unless he’s getting paid for His Twitter he should be fine. They can stop him from profiting on wrestling but they can’t stop him from posting opinions on Twitter 

Why would it matter if he was being paid for it or not?  If the restraining order says he can't "write about wrestling" why woudn't that prohibit him from writing no more than 280 characters at a time on it via twitter too?

6 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Why would it matter if he was being paid for it or not?  If the restraining order says he can't "write about wrestling" why woudn't that prohibit him from writing no more than 280 characters at a time on it via twitter too?

I don't know what the exact language of the TRO but I doubt it isn't:  Mr. Saylor can't write about wrestling.  The key is the actual language of the TRO.  Can he not write in a working scenario, or is he supposed to be completely silent about the sport of wrestling unless its in casual conversation via his voice?, etc etc.

7 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

i'm no legal expert - but could this be considered freedom of speech?  as long as he's not actively advertising or profiting from the communication on twitter I would think it would be fair game?

again - no expert just tossing sh*t at the wall

14 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

Because telling someone they can’t post an opinion of a sport on a free social media site is a violation of the 1st amendment...the TRO stops him from working and profiting, Twitter he can do whatever the hell wants ( which he clearly does) 

So sounds like martin wrote and signed willies non compete at flo, convinced him to break it to go to rokfin, promised there is nothing to worry about, and then makes willie front his own lawyer ??? Martin should be covering willies ass on this one imo

Also damming to rokfin that askren , rokfins number one fan it seemed, moved to flo

In Martin’s defense (I’m not for or against him, just making a neutral comment), it is quite common to have the employer and the employee who allegedly conspired to violate a non-compete be represented by two different lawyers, often in a joint representation arrangement, because you want there to be complete alignment of interests between each party and its lawyer, even if they start the case on the exact same side. I’ve had to do this several times for employees and even paid for their separate attorney, but it was always a separate attorney. Martin may very well be the dick you make him out to be, but he may also be footing Willie’s legal bill. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

2 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

So sounds like martin wrote and signed willies non compete at flo, convinced him to break it to go to rokfin, promised there is nothing to worry about, and then makes willie front his own lawyer ??? Martin should be covering willies ass on this one imo

Also damming to rokfin that askren , rokfins number one fan it seemed, moved to flo

Damning in what way?  To me it looks like Flo is trying to make Rokfin less competitive.  First they are trying to keep their former employee from working there and now they are hiring away one of Rokfin's top wrestling content providers.   Do you think Askren was made to sign a non-compete with Flo?  I would highly doubt they had him sign as broad of a non-compete as Willie, but I suspect he might stop providing content on Rokfin.