TBar1977

Penn State and Wilkes Open

I was listening to the Coaches Show tonight and there are a few bits of information. 

Michael Beard and Joe Lee will be at The Southern Scuffle. The way Sanderson said it I almost got the impression maybe 1 or 2 others possibly could end up competing there. 

Shakur Rasheed is not medically cleared and we probably won't see him until mid January, this according to Coach Sanderson.

22 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

One plan that I think makes sense is to compete this year and next at 79kg, then begin adjusting his body (up or down) two years ahead of the Olympics.  Make a run at an Olympic weight in 2024.  

To me Hall even looks smallish for 79kg. If he wants int'l success he will probably have to make the hard cut to 74kg. I would be surprised if he could ever become a full sized 86kg guy, but who knows. Visual size if often deceiving until you see them next to someone else.

22 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

One plan that I think makes sense is to compete this year and next at 79kg, then begin adjusting his body (up or down) two years ahead of the Olympics.  Make a run at an Olympic weight in 2024.  

To me Hall even looks smallish for 79kg. If he wants int'l success he will probably have to make the hard cut to 74kg. I would be surprised if he could ever become a full sized 86kg guy, but who knows. Visual size if often deceiving until you see them next to someone else.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:35 AM, treep2000 said:

Is Mark Hall forgoing his shot at the Olympics?  @TBar1977

Cael stated in a recent interview for Town & Gown--that Mark has had World level  success at 74KG, but that was when weigh-in's  were the day before the competition, now weight in are 2 hours before the event, I dont recall the exact wording, but basically suggested Mark would be sitting out this Olympic cycle.  

Yeah I see Hall chasing ventures outside of wrestling, maybe some fighting, maybe straight to coaching. But best case for him Burroughs retires, Dake stays down and Ringer/Zahid stay up... then he has a good chance of making a team.

But even then, I'm sure there would be an influx of talent at 79kg to avoid the monsters at those other 2 weights (guys like Imar, Lewis, etc...would likely filter in)

He's just "a guy" after his college career , but I'm sure still wants to be "a star"... I feel like MMA is likely but obviously we shall see