bnwtwg

Spencer Lee competing at Sr. nationals

3 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Okay, not sure what Massa has to do with it but cool. 

So you would like Spencer to be seeded last?  I don't understand your issue.  Or do you think he will go 0-2 since he has not competed?  

I am using an example of someone who is clearly a tier or three behind Lee in terms of ability, however has proven he can compete at the Freestyle level by actually going to Freestyle events.  Freestyle results are the seeding criteria from this last Freestyle season.  Not results from any other style.

That being said, I was going to refer to what @klehner said.  Every toon that is bickering about non-consequential information such as preseeds is a chump.  Honestly.  Myself included, only not myself included.  Or @spladle08.  He's not a chump either.  Or Klehner, for that matter.

All that aside: Get some humor.  We're all fans here.  I mean no harm to anyone at all ever, unless it is PD2(Blue Dragons-NOT TAGGING BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO WAKE THE DRAGON) or JC(Guy could do us a service and just not exist anymore).

28 minutes ago, klehner said:

You don't understand analogies.  I didn't say you were a chump.  The point is that when in a situation in which you are the only one with a particular viewpoint, and everyone else disagrees with you and/or is trying to point out the error(s) in your viewpoint, it's a good indication that you should look to your own viewpoint to see wherein lies the issue.  Maybe you'll stick with your viewpoint, which of course is your right.  But you might start with "Hmm, maybe everyone else is correct and I am wrong."  Applies well beyond a college wrestling forum.

This isn’t the college wrestling forum.  

I didn’t realize my opinion that Spencer is seeded fairly as a high seed is “wrong.”  Thanks for letting me know your opinion.

13 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

This isn’t the college wrestling forum.  

I didn’t realize my opinion that Spencer is seeded fairly as a high seed is “wrong.”  Thanks for letting me know your opinion.

Spencer is not seeded, he is pre-seeded.

FFS.  This guy.  I feel that I owe it as a duty that he understands, yet I lack the willpower to put any more effort in aside from teaching him how to read Grade 'A' Trollinese, with a tolerance of course on the Grade 'A' bit. Hard place and a dense place, I tell yeh.

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

FFS.  This guy.  I feel that I owe it as a duty that he understands, yet I lack the willpower to put any more effort in aside from teaching him how to read Grade 'A' Trollinese, with a tolerance of course on the Grade 'A' bit. Hard place and a dense place, I tell yeh.

I'm stunned at the amount of patience and understanding you all have put into explaining over and over and over.  Not only in this thread but in the other as well.

Kudos to you gentlemen.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

All this over questions about a pre-seed.  Entertaining to say the least.

Apologies.

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

I'm stunned at the amount of patience and understanding you all have put into explaining over and over and over.  Not only in this thread but in the other as well.

Kudos to you gentlemen.

Aye. Everybody needs a hero, sometimes.

Question:  Have any of the guys that Lee beat on the way to his three world titles gone on to have any relevance at the Senior Level?   I don't mean like Senior World Medalist level of relevance, I mean any relevance at all like someone placed 5th at Euros or Russian National or the Dan Kolov or something.  Not meant to be inflammatory or diminish the dominance he showed at those events, just curious. 

17 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

Question:  Have any of the guys that Lee beat on the way to his three world titles gone on to have any relevance at the Senior Level?   I don't mean like Senior World Medalist level of relevance, I mean any relevance at all like someone placed 5th at Euros or Russian National or the Dan Kolov or something.  Not meant to be inflammatory or diminish the dominance he showed at those events, just curious. 

I too have been curious about this. 

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

I too have been curious about this. 

It’s doubtful. He won everything at 50kg and that weight has historically produced a whole lot of nothing at the senior level. I mean even the 50kg junior world champs. Almost never have they gone on to senior medals. 

1 minute ago, BigTimeFan said:

It’s doubtful. He won everything at 50kg and that weight has historically produced a whole lot of nothing at the senior level. I mean even the 50kg junior world champs. Almost never have they gone on to senior medals. 

• 50-4 record
  • 40 techs (74.1%)
  • 9 pins
  • 90.7% bonus rate
  • 3 World Titles

Losses

2013 Worlds

1. LOSS Mahir Amiraslanov (Azerbaijan), tech. fall 4-11 (2:44)
  2. LOSS Irakli Mkheidze (Georgia), 3-6, first period (2 three-point throws)

2015 Akron

1. Daton Fix, Oklahoma won by decision over Spencer Lee, Pennsylvania (Dec 5-5)
  2. Daton Fix, Oklahoma won by decision over Spencer Lee, Pennsylvania (Dec 9-6)

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:
  • 50-4 record
  • 40 techs (74.1%)
  • 9 pins
  • 90.7% bonus rate
  • 3 World Titles

Losses

2013 Worlds

1. LOSS Mahir Amiraslanov (Azerbaijan), tech. fall 4-11 (2:44)
  2. LOSS Irakli Mkheidze (Georgia), 3-6, first period (2 three-point throws)

2015 Akron

1. Daton Fix, Oklahoma won by decision over Spencer Lee, Pennsylvania (Dec 5-5)
  2. Daton Fix, Oklahoma won by decision over Spencer Lee, Pennsylvania (Dec 9-6)

Looks like Mahir Amiraslanov is pretty legit as he won Euros, beating Uguev and Micic after winning a jr. world title back in 2015. Not sure how relevant the butt kicking he gave a 14 year old Spencer Lee when he was 16 is today though....

Edited by Cradle1

9 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Suriano will be the #1 seed. Pretty simple to put him over Lee with his Senior level wins

Agreed. It seems Lee's #1 seed was based on reputation and the fact that he doesn't have any senior level losses since he didn't compete.  In my view seeding him ahead of those who have been competing on the senior level makes no more sense than it would make to seed David Carr ahead of say Jason Nolf or Imar if they were competing (though I think his chances of winning are much better obviously).

5 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Agreed. It seems Lee's #1 seed was based on reputation and the fact that he doesn't have any senior level losses since he didn't compete.  In my view seeding him ahead of those who have been competing on the senior level makes no more sense than it would make to seed David Carr ahead of say Jason Nolf or Imar if they were competing (though I think his chances of winning are much better obviously).

LOL, no.

David Carr has wrestled 9 NCAA matches outside of his RS year. He has also never beaten Jason Nolf (3x NCAA champ) or Imar (2x NCAA champ).

I understand Carr just won a Junior World title at 20 years old, but Spencer had two of those before he was 18. He is also 2 for 2 on NCAA titles, including beating Suriano in the finals. Suriano has less NCAA titles than Spencer, and has a couple of decent freestyle wins recently (Colon, Nashon, etc).

I am not saying Lee should or shouldn't be the #1 seed, and I understand NCAA results don't mean much in freestyle, but I had to point out what an absolutely horrible comparison you made.

Edited by Dondante88

1 minute ago, TFBJR said:

Seeded correctly as per the criteria.    Should be fun.  Going to have to ditch the family a little this weekend it seems. 

What makes it seeded correctly?  Why would Lee be over Richards, Garrett, Cruz etc?

46 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.   Troll me once ... 

Did anyone even post the actual criteria?  Or are we still going on assumption that it would be the same or similar to OTT?