Sign in to follow this  
jerseywrestling

Best Wrestlers in Nebraska History

PUTQEAHLROYDZQT.20110608203538.jpg

The top five wrestlers in Huskers history won a total of sixteen NCAA medals and four titles and include NJ legend and Olympic champion Jordan Burroughs and his practice partner and coach Bryan Snyder. Check out the best Nebraska wrestlers of all-time ranked by NCAA medals!

Here are the top five!

Rank - Name - Score - Finishes

#1 - Jordan Burroughs - 42 - 3,1,1
#2 - Bryan Snyder - 40 - 4,5,2,2
#3 - Tolly Thompson - 36 - 1,3,3
#4 - Bill Scherr - 35 - 4,3,1
#5 - Corey Olson - 34 - 3,2,2

There have been 64 All-American wrestlers who have won 114 medals in Nebraska history!

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/ncaa_team_profile.php?team=Nebraska

Check out the full list in this Rokfin exclusive!

https://rokfin.com/ranking/134

===

Like and follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/jerseywrestling/

Brester went R12,4,2,2. He was the 7th seed in a monster bracket as a freshman. He made the quarters before losing to the eventual champ(Josh Glenn) and then hit JD Bergman next round cuz he got upset first match and would then wrestle back to 4th. 

The next season he was the 8 seed and again lost to Glenn in the quarters. He would the win into the 3rd/4th match losing to Hudson Taylor in OT. 

Brester lost 7 times over the course of his last 2 seasons and 6 of them were to Varner. He did beat Varner at Big12’s as a junior to get the 1 seed, but would lose to him in the NCAA Finals the next 2 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

Where would Brad Vering rank?

For the low, low cost subscription of 0.004  bitcoin, you can find out! But wait!!  There is more!  Much, Much more!  You'll also get the results of Rulon Gardner, John Raschke - even Paul Donovan and many, many more!

Sure, the OP themselves is trying to plug this new cryptowhatever site that Martin set up, but these are still worthwhile posts with relevant content. Almost every one has generated meaningful discourse

I'm fine with it.

16 hours ago, jerseywrestling said:

PUTQEAHLROYDZQT.20110608203538.jpg

The top five wrestlers in Huskers history won a total of sixteen NCAA medals and four titles and include NJ legend and Olympic champion Jordan Burroughs and his practice partner and coach Bryan Snyder. Check out the best Nebraska wrestlers of all-time ranked by NCAA medals!

Here are the top five!

Rank - Name - Score - Finishes

#1 - Jordan Burroughs - 42 - 3,1,1
#2 - Bryan Snyder - 40 - 4,5,2,2
#3 - Tolly Thompson - 36 - 1,3,3
#4 - Bill Scherr - 35 - 4,3,1
#5 - Corey Olson - 34 - 3,2,2

There have been 64 All-American wrestlers who have won 114 medals in Nebraska history!

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/ncaa_team_profile.php?team=Nebraska

Check out the full list in this Rokfin exclusive!

https://rokfin.com/ranking/134

===

Like and follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/jerseywrestling/

Where does Jim Scherr stack up?  I believe he placed  5 -1

3 hours ago, Fishbane said:

He had 33 placement points and is just off this list 

I get the points system being employed but strongly disagree with it. Not every NCAA champ is alike, but it is the rare champ who takes a backseat to a non-champ in my book, especially a champ as dominant as Powell was his senior year. 

8 hours ago, jon said:

Ain't nothing wrong with original content being paywalled, especially when the paywall has month-to-month pricing option.

All I see are NCAA results.  Which, and I repeat myself, are not the same thing as "best" wrestler.

19 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I get the points system being employed but strongly disagree with it. Not every NCAA champ is alike, but it is the rare champ who takes a backseat to a non-champ in my book, especially a champ as dominant as Powell was his senior year. 

Powell teched Ott in the finals. Think it was in the 2nd period.  That dudes noodling tattoo put him on the list in my book.  

18 hours ago, jammen said:

All I see are NCAA results.  Which, and I repeat myself, are not the same thing as "best" wrestler.

If he ranks all wrestlers who ever AAed for a particular university then the best wrestlers to wrestle for that university are probably in that list somewhere just not in order.  So I wouldn't say the title is inaccurate.   Normally I would disagree with someone posting content that's behind a paywall to a forum like this, but there is really no original content in Jersey Wrestling Rokfin posts.  He is simply posting a ranking of NCAA placement points for wrestlers from each university with no commentary or anything.  It would be akin to reposting the AL batting leaders from ESPN or something like that. 

15 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

If he ranks all wrestlers who ever AAed for a particular university then the best wrestlers to wrestle for that university are probably in that list somewhere just not in order.  So I wouldn't say the title is inaccurate.   Normally I would disagree with someone posting content that's behind a paywall to a forum like this, but there is really no original content in Jersey Wrestling Rokfin posts.  He is simply posting a ranking of NCAA placement points for wrestlers from each university with no commentary or anything.  It would be akin to reposting the AL batting leaders from ESPN or something like that. 

Thoughtful post.

Good point about my phrase 'original content' being misleading. I think 'original work' is a better phrase. There's originality in the work done by @jerseywrestling such as coming up with the scoring algorithm (yes -- it's simple!) and moreso building, maintaining, growing (and fixing errors in) the database. In other words: These rankings don't just fall from the sky.

At first I wasn't a fan but by now these posts growing on me. The content is more substantive than is silly shallow sht such as "THE BEST WRESTLER AT 149 IS _____". Better for this work to be viewable on Rokfin than for it to not ever surface! I wonder if @jerseywrestling mirrors these posts on Twitter?

Edited by jon

On 12/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, Sheerstress said:

Where does Jim Scherr stack up?  I believe he placed  5 -1

In my view if you take into account post grad he’s way up there. Multiple time world medalist (silver) and World Cup champ. 1988 Olympic team. But this is college so he’s not even on the list.