Kentucky_Mudflap

Dallas and the Spencer Lee Mystery

Hombres firing up the stabbin cabin getting the hands together opened her up gents aired her out had one of the hands in there with a bucket of Liceall swamping her down after the football season festivities got her gassed up heading down to Dallas sure the roofing crew will be cramped up sleeping in there gents but the Voice of Wrestling goes first class got myself a room there to the Intercontinental reel 5 star been a good year rolling in dough some of you gents out there scratching a poor mans ass staying in dumps eating that **** they serve there to the concession stands pinching your pennies listening to your old ladies *****ing at you consider the fortune and glory of the world of roofing $20 bucks an hour all the hours you can handle roadside joints barley sodas painted ladies best of all no old lady ragging you and running you down and spending all your hard earned cash.

Now to get to the main point here hombres Tommies playing reel coy about Spencer Lee but what he aint saying is he cut a dealio with Lee and if he finished top 5 down to Dallas thats the end of wrestling in the black and gold for this year and its Cashman thats why he threw Cashman out there to Princeton gents get a look see against some D1 competition and let Lee get all schooled up on freestyle and all that.

Now friends you all know I brake all the big ones and I broke this one last year and rubbed Tommies fur the wrong way but the Voice of Wrestling dont steer you wrong going to be down to Dallas look me up Im reel hard to miss legendary hair style then on to Midlands same cast of characters hombres look me up so what we can share some fellowship and libations and chase some tail and bang some beaver and talk about the worlds oldest and gratest sport you guys are like a reel family to me.

This would only make sense if there was a deal that Lee was only going to be there for 4 years, regardless. That would make his wrestling as a TF make more sense even though the team had no realistic chance of winning a title. 

Otherwise this makes both Brands and Lee look mentally challenged knowing the schedule leading up to this would only get him 3 matches.  I know beating on ISU is always important, but that happens regardless and the Chattanooga and Wisconsin matches have no real importance either. 

Again, the only way I could even begin to rationalize a potential decision like this would be the timetable I listed above. The Lee family has given every indication that they are to bright and committed to lose a season for 3 matches and I can’t believe Brands would let it happen otherwise. 

50 minutes ago, Kentucky_Mudflap said:

Hombres firing up the stabbin cabin getting the hands together opened her up gents aired her out had one of the hands in there with a bucket of Liceall swamping her down after the football season festivities got her gassed up heading down to Dallas sure the roofing crew will be cramped up sleeping in there gents but the Voice of Wrestling goes first class got myself a room there to the Intercontinental reel 5 star been a good year rolling in dough some of you gents out there scratching a poor mans ass staying in dumps eating that **** they serve there to the concession stands pinching your pennies listening to your old ladies *****ing at you consider the fortune and glory of the world of roofing $20 bucks an hour all the hours you can handle roadside joints barley sodas painted ladies best of all no old lady ragging you and running you down and spending all your hard earned cash.

Now to get to the main point here hombres Tommies playing reel coy about Spencer Lee but what he aint saying is he cut a dealio with Lee and if he finished top 5 down to Dallas thats the end of wrestling in the black and gold for this year and its Cashman thats why he threw Cashman out there to Princeton gents get a look see against some D1 competition and let Lee get all schooled up on freestyle and all that.

Now friends you all know I brake all the big ones and I broke this one last year and rubbed Tommies fur the wrong way but the Voice of Wrestling dont steer you wrong going to be down to Dallas look me up Im reel hard to miss legendary hair style then on to Midlands same cast of characters hombres look me up so what we can share some fellowship and libations and chase some tail and bang some beaver and talk about the worlds oldest and gratest sport you guys are like a reel family to me.

If you're gonna just throw $hit against the wall, at least throw it in the right direction. No way you are right on this.

Could Spencer take an ORS for the second semester? If that is an option, then MAYBE this is a possibility. Otherwise I can’t see it happening. Flap is usually right with his predictions but I am skeptical of this one. I agree Iowa is all in to win it this year and I can’t see Brands letting this happen 

20 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Could Spencer take an ORS for the second semester? If that is an option, then MAYBE this is a possibility. Otherwise I can’t see it happening. Flap is usually right with his predictions but I am skeptical of this one. I agree Iowa is all in to win it this year and I can’t see Brands letting this happen 

Like Cassar and maybe a few others. He can wrestle an 'abbrieveated schedule', win Nationals which qualifies him for OTT in April.

54 minutes ago, ResiliteMarine said:

Like Cassar and maybe a few others. He can wrestle an 'abbrieveated schedule', win Nationals which qualifies him for OTT in April.

Yeah I get that he can and should do an abbreviated schedule, but that’s not what KMF is suggesting... he is saying Lee will be done wrestling folk style this year and won’t even do NCAAs. I find that very hard to believe unless an ORS is possible for second semester and even then it’s still hard to believe 

NCAA tournament March 19-21. Olympic Trials April 4-5.

2 huge tournaments 2 weeks apart. Not that it really matters but wasn't it 3 weeks apart in 2016? 

So, I guess the question is - is there an advantage to stay fresh and just peak for OTT in freestyle, or is it no big deal to peak for NCAA's in folkstyle then 2 weeks later peak for OTT in freestyle?  

8 hours ago, Kentucky_Mudflap said:

now I don't no what all that means but sounds like tommie b dung got out cyphered by m perry the young'n 

2 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

NCAA tournament March 19-21. Olympic Trials April 4-5.

2 huge tournaments 2 weeks apart. Not that it really matters but wasn't it 3 weeks apart in 2016? 

3, not 2. B1G is never a cake walk and you can’t just train like it’s not happening. Guys like Lee may not peak for it but it’s a legit event to prepare for nonetheless. 4/4-5 is a big deal this cycle. 

9 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

3, not 2. B1G is never a cake walk and you can’t just train like it’s not happening. Guys like Lee may not peak for it but it’s a legit event to prepare for nonetheless. 4/4-5 is a big deal this cycle. 

He can wrestle 2 matches hardly breaking a sweat and FF out though. 

18 hours ago, Kentucky_Mudflap said:

giphy.gif

This is such a preposterous theory I almost want to believe it.  

16 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Looking at the new WIN rankings - I don't think he needs to be concerned with Big 10s at all.  He'll have a tough semi and final in NCAAs but not enough to risk a team title over.

I'm still not 100% sold on the 133 Rivera thing. Look, I read what everyone did too and it is happening, but things can change. I'm quite surprised by it, actually. I think he will be much less competitive at 133, not to speak of going 125 for freestyle practically in the same season. Maybe he's that much of a team player though.

14 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Yeah I get that he can and should do an abbreviated schedule, but that’s not what KMF is suggesting... he is saying Lee will be done wrestling folk style this year and won’t even do NCAAs. I find that very hard to believe unless an ORS is possible for second semester and even then it’s still hard to believe 

Maybe that's what the huge knee brace is for = argument for a medical redshirt.

What knews did KMF break last year?

I’m as confused as KMF’s style. Is he actually proposing that Lee would give up his chance to be a 4x NCAA champion so that he can prep for the OTT? This very well might be true but that would mean that Lee and Brands had their heads up their collective cabooses all summer. 

If Mudflap’s right on this one nobody can ever doubt him again.

No way this is gonna happen though. Makes no sense and flies in the face of how Iowa has been managing its roster and having its guys ignore freestyle to go all in on team success. Unless by “done wrestling for the year” he means until B1G and NCAA’s. No way Brands wastes a year of Spencer’s eligibility and leaves his 20+ team points on the shelf this year. 

And the threshold for likely sacrificing a team title is only him finishing top 5 at a qualifier? So he could lose twice in Dallas and that would still be good enough for Brands to waste a year of Spencer Lee’s eligibility and for Spencer to give up on his goal of being a 4 timer (with no redshirt)?