Sign in to follow this  
Rocep

Iowa Fashion

5 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

When I hit the heavy bag in the basement I tuck in my sweatshirt into my sweatpants and my sweatpants into my socks. The correct answer to why I do this is to keep the heat in. Sometimes I still duck tape my wrists to hold all the heat in, usually when I’m trying to detox from the night before.

We would sometimes tape around our waist bands  too to make sure our sweats didn't come untucked and lose the heat

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t mind the inside out sweatshirts. 

I do think the pants tucked into the socks look is a little weird though (not sure if that’s an Iowa thing or not)

Pants tucked into socks keeps the ticks  from getting to your legs.

Sweatshirt inside out means the guys behind them on the bus can spend the whole ride reading the label and trying to figure out the story plot.

23 hours ago, stp said:

Nothing should confuse you about wrestlers.  They are an odd bunch.   Some even tuck their sweatshirts in.

AR-311099885.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

Sure, supposed to tuck them in so your partner can't grab it so easily! I used to tuck in my Sweatshirt, but within a minute or two it was always out anyway. 

So I did a little test the past two mornings, yesterday sweatshirt correctly then today inside out, same shirt, washed of course, same workout 45 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes of heavy bag. I weighed both sweatshirts each day and the inside out one was .2 lbs heavier with sweat.

conclusion: wearing a sweatshirt inside out keeps more heat in and you get a better warm up.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:47 PM, HokieHWT said:

When I hit the heavy bag in the basement I tuck in my sweatshirt into my sweatpants and my sweatpants into my socks. The correct answer to why I do this is to keep the heat in. Sometimes I still duck tape my wrists to hold all the heat in, usually when I’m trying to detox from the night before.

Funny.  Yep, plastics under the sweats and everything tucked in tight to sweat as much as possible.  Take it all off, dry down, step on scale, making weight by an ounce or two if lucky and then downing a 32 oz Gatorade in seconds.  

8 hours ago, John Morgan said:

Funny.  Yep, plastics under the sweats and everything tucked in tight to sweat as much as possible.  Take it all off, dry down, step on scale, making weight by an ounce or two if lucky and then downing a 32 oz Gatorade in seconds.  

Dont forget stand on your head for 10 seconds, that’s good for another .1, yes we tested out this one too in college.

6 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

Dont forget stand on your head for 10 seconds, that’s good for another .1, yes we tested out this one too in college.

I never believed it but it does work.  Friend of mine (MIT physics major) explained to me that it is due to the fact that objects falling weigh less than stationary objects.  (So the blood is falling from your head to your feet when you stand) Or something.  I wasn't about to question him.

Edited by AHamilton

Iowa Fashion Week:

“The big themes this season are ‘roomy,’ ‘loose,’ and ‘comfortable,’” said Cathcart, adding that there is already considerable buzz surrounding the new American flag–inspired sweaters from Kohl’s. “Many designers have gone with bright neon greens and purples for their polyester rain jackets, which should be a big hit among Corn Belt fashionistas, and the oxford loafers from Payless are also guaranteed to be one of the hottest items of the season.”

“But keep an eye out for the new line of sweatpants from trendy Quad Cities designer Tom Dunborn, which is supposed to make an especially big splash,” Cathcart continued. “Everyone is talking about them. Tom always pairs classic elegance with sensible durability, and what he does with elastic waistbands is truly timeless.”

Fletcher added that the first day of shows had already garnered positive reviews, despite a brief incident in which a model wearing a T-shirt featuring cartoon cats suffered a heart attack on the runway in Hoyt Middle School’s gymnasium and had to be rushed to a nearby hospital.

Nevertheless, fashion designers and event officials alike reportedly remain eager to impress, as the weeklong event affords them statewide exposure and reportedly pumps over $1,200 into the Iowa economy.

“Launching at Iowa Fashion Week is a dream come true for me,” said up-and-coming designer Debra Schmidt, 34, of Council Bluffs, IA, who will be debuting her line of relaxed-fit carpenter jeans. “I’m branching out this season from my usual camouflage cargo pants and really pushing the boundaries of Iowa fashion. I can’t wait to see the reaction from fans and the press.”

Following the conclusion of the opening night festivities, an afterparty was reportedly held at the local VFW hall on Locust Street, where sources confirmed an exclusive list of attendees enjoyed complimentary glasses of Coca-Cola and Miller Lite while waiters made rounds with plates of pizza bagels, pigs-in-a-blanket, and cheese fries.

Edited by dmm53

1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

Iowa Fashion Week:

Nevertheless, fashion designers and event officials alike reportedly remain eager to impress, as the weeklong event affords them statewide exposure and reportedly pumps over $1,200 into the Iowa economy.

Bwahahahahaha....

1 hour ago, dmm53 said:

Iowa Fashion Week:

“The big themes this season are ‘roomy,’ ‘loose,’ and ‘comfortable,’” said Cathcart, adding that there is already considerable buzz surrounding the new American flag–inspired sweaters from Kohl’s. “Many designers have gone with bright neon greens and purples for their polyester rain jackets, which should be a big hit among Corn Belt fashionistas, and the oxford loafers from Payless are also guaranteed to be one of the hottest items of the season.”

“But keep an eye out for the new line of sweatpants from trendy Quad Cities designer Tom Dunborn, which is supposed to make an especially big splash,” Cathcart continued. “Everyone is talking about them. Tom always pairs classic elegance with sensible durability, and what he does with elastic waistbands is truly timeless.”

Fletcher added that the first day of shows had already garnered positive reviews, despite a brief incident in which a model wearing a T-shirt featuring cartoon cats suffered a heart attack on the runway in Hoyt Middle School’s gymnasium and had to be rushed to a nearby hospital.

“Launching at Iowa Fashion Week is a dream come true for me,” said up-and-coming designer Debra Schmidt, 34, of Council Bluffs, IA, who will be debuting her line of relaxed-fit carpenter jeans. “I’m branching out this season from my usual camouflage cargo pants and really pushing the boundaries of Iowa fashion. I can’t wait to see the reaction from fans and the press.”

Following the conclusion of the opening night festivities, an afterparty was reportedly held at the local VFW hall on Locust Street, where sources confirmed an exclusive list of attendees enjoyed complimentary glasses of Coca-Cola and Miller Lite while waiters made rounds with plates of pizza bagels, pigs-in-a-blanket, and cheese fries.

Well done!  Do you ghost write for the onion?