Jump to content
GoNotQuietly

Russia's Olympic Qualification spots

Recommended Posts

Has UWW or the IOC given us information regarding what is going to happen to all of the weight classes Russia has qualified so far since they won't be sanctioned for the Olympics?  Do they go back into the pool for the qualification process going forward, or are they just going to bump up all  the competitors who placed below Russians so far in relevant competitions, or is it something completely different?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Has UWW or the IOC given us information regarding what is going to happen to all of the weight classes Russia has qualified so far since they won't be sanctioned for the Olympics?  Do they go back into the pool for the qualification process going forward, or are they just going to bump up all  the competitors who placed below Russians so far in relevant competitions, or is it something completely different?

 

The IOC hasn't specifically stated that Russia is banned yet.  In fact the president of the IOC stated that he didn't want to prior to the findings being made public(after he already knew the specifics).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The IOC hasn't specifically stated that Russia is banned yet.  In fact the president of the IOC stated that he didn't want to prior to the findings being made public(after he already knew the specifics).

Doesn't sound shady at all.  IOC staying true to form as always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Doesn't sound shady at all.  IOC staying true to form as always.

Somehow I have a feeling that wrestling ends up on the chopping block again and Russia has to pay an extortion fine to the IOC since it is a premier national sport  wrestling has to come up with a fundraising amount to stay in the big business the Olympic games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...