Lurker

Dake to MMA?

34 minutes ago, Katie said:

Well, I’ve actually been trying to highlight my ignorance. 

I can think of plenty of jobs that require specific skills and/or advanced training and/or a license.

But I’m ignorant about jobs that simply require a college degree of some type, or that require a degree in sociology or developmental sociology. 

So, as you said, you're too lazy to go on your own to look up the answers to your questions.  But you're not too lazy to come back and find any little thing to bicker/nit pick about with those trying to answer your questions.  Ask yourself....why?

19 minutes ago, Katie said:

I hope you’re not a guidance counselor. 

Oooh, my feelings! You tried to badmouth Dake (again) and got put in your place by everyone on the thread with actual knowledge of how the world works for these elite athletes, something you claimed I did not have when I first commented on this thread (you were the last person on this thread my post was directed at). You then admit your ignorance by claiming you only know about your niche which requires a grad degree. Typical “Katie”, a dude whose best friend is Google and really knows very little through actual experience. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I majored in Interdepartmental Studies with an emphasis on Workplace Practices & Perspectives after partying my way through undergrad at Iowa. My degree was 1/3 sociology, 1/3 communication, 1/3 business courses. I'm now a decently successful software engineer. I have no doubt Kyle Dake can leverage his major into a mildly successful career.

Edited by wrestlingphish

44 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Oooh, my feelings! You tried to badmouth Dake (again) and got put in your place by everyone on the thread with actual knowledge of how the world works for these elite athletes, something you claimed I did not have when I first commented on this thread (you were the last person on this thread my post was directed at). You then admit your ignorance by claiming you only know about your niche which requires a grad degree. Typical “Katie”, a dude whose best friend is Google and really knows very little through actual experience. 

I'll take any future questions on this theme to google, ok? Let's just try to relax.

8 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I majored in Interdepartmental Studies with an emphasis on Workplace Practices & Perspectives after partying my way through undergrad at Iowa. My degree was 1/3 sociology, 1/3 communication, 1/3 business courses. I'm now a decently successful software engineer. I have no doubt Kyle Dake can leverage his major into a mildly successful career.

How dare you? Where’s your license to code? 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:50 AM, Witherman said:

Sales here - love college athletes regardless of degree.

Agreed. 

Also in sales with a degree in psychology from a non Ivy school. We have management with no background in medical training leading an entire surgical division. Guess what, one VP played football at Ohio state and the President of the division was a former basketball player from Wisconsin. Both make in the range of $300-400k+. Neither had a medical background and neither had the individual accolades that even come close to Dakes.

Katie-

There are about a thousand different sales roles and sales leadership roles in a ton of different industries. Then you can talk about other similar roles like business development in a number of industries, executive level recruiting, corporate consulting, marketing, director of operations/management positions, sales training, corporate training, healthcare positions with no formal licensing required. Leadership opportunities abound in just about most industries you can think of save for a small fraction where certifications or formal schooling is required. Hell he could walk into a ton of executive director roles in the non profit world and make $100k in a large market. There are insurance and finance roles he could get into. 

I have a member of my family that had a phys Ed non-teaching dégrée but played college football but is now a CEO at a multi million dollar company, 

All of Dakes intangibles are what will make him highly coveted in the corporate world and he would be extremely intriguing to most that are interviewing him and because Dake is a proven winner, most that have any common sense when hiring someone will find it easy to bet on someone that’s a winner and worry about training them on the job about job related materials after the fact. The job market is teeming with opportunity and very few people in this world have the accomplishments that Dake does on his resume.