spladle08

Freestyle 2019 Sr Nationals

1 minute ago, LJB said:

anyway...

Lee used to run through kids passing through his weight... he was 110 as a kid... and hasn't grown much since then...

when he faced a kid (fix) in a similar situation he got dropped 0-2...

that's all i'm saying...

He grew enough to overpower the 1st seed and stick him.

4 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

He grew enough to overpower the 1st seed and stick him.

i hope he wrecks everyone and sets up the only match up that matters...

but, i don't see that tech happening unless i overvalue americans actually wrestling the real styles...

i might guilty... 

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i hope he wrecks everyone and sets up the only match up that matters...

but, i don't see that tech happening unless i overvalue americans actually wrestling the real styles...

i might guilty... 

Didn’t you just tell everyone to proofread? I knew you were a clown.

6 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Didn’t you just tell everyone to proofread? I knew you were a clown.

ugh...

stop...

Lee will not tech his way through the field tomorrow...

if he does, we have no hope as a country in the real styles...

all else is inconsequential... 

Well 57, is going to be fun to watch tomorrow and when I think about who will win, I hope it’ll be Spencer, because I believe that he has the best chance for us at Tokyo. Now I know that he hasn’t wrestled Freestyle in a couple of years and he had a period last year where he took some losses, so it could be that he isn’t the juggernaut that we all remember from his Cadet and Junior World runs. But I think that he has the talent and experience to get it done and I hope that he can find his way back to his old form. I do realize that he has Fix, and Gilman and some others waiting for him down the road. But tomorrow is the first step, 

Same arguements, different year. Lee wasn't  going to be able to win ncaas as a freshman because hes only beat kids at 50kg. He did that. He has also pinned Nato, who is pretty competitive. And most people felt freestyle was Lee's best style. If Lee had enough in him to pin Nato in folkstyle, I'm sure he will be more then just competitive in freestyle. If Lee dominates though, that doesnt mean the US is doomed in "real" styles (dumbest thing LBJ tends to say, folkstyle is every bit as real, and theres a reason why wrestlers who gas in folkstyle, do better in freestyle), it just means Lee is that good. Lee has wrestled some very good guys, and has shown he can handle wrestling guys in that weight, its been a long time since he was wrestling "kids" at 50kg.

Mokoma, LBJ doesnt count 50kg, he completely ignored those matches, and was only using loses to Fix, up a weight, when he was obviously still able to make 50kg, which is ridiculous. 

How in the same hell did Brooks get seeded above Heflin?

It's got me going for a loop.

It's like the Farrell 74kg. Massa outplaced everyone at Trials(4th on our ladder), even beating Gantt and a few others ahead of him, yet was 10th seed? And no 4th seed existed? Results understood AT the Farrell, but seeding seemed fckd in a few weight classes.

Edited by nhs67
Added stuffs.

9 hours ago, LJB said:

ugh...

stop...

Lee will not tech his way through the field tomorrow...

if he does, we have no hope as a country in the real styles...

all else is inconsequential... 

If Lee techs his way through tomorrow wouldn’t that be extremely promising for USA’s chances moving forward??

Just now, nhs67 said:

I'd say yes and no. No due to depth. Yes due to his obvious transitive growth.

Wouldn’t Fix and Gilman still also be top 3, and provide the necessary depth we need?  Don’t forget Gross also. It’s not like this field has all of our studs.

Yeah this field has a lot of the 2nd teir in it.

Aside from Lee I think Vitali and Suriano obviously have room to become soemthing more.
But Richards, Sanders, Perrelli, NATO, etc are kind of forever just speed bumps.

Speaking of speed bumps. Occasionally Josh Rodriguez looks world class. Wonder which version will show up here and for how many matches.

8 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

ok  interested in Cassar's (Semi's match)

Also laughed at the NEvills brothers opening with each other. 

This concludes my spamming. for 1 hour

AJ is far more athletic, I believe. He was the tweener of the three(Seth and Nick were HS Heavies).

That being said I think Nick big brothers him. Considerably larger. Better room.