spladle08

Freestyle 2019 Sr Nationals

1 minute ago, LJB said:

sorry to see you run off...

but as always, thanks for your contribution...

I have to run 12 miles tomorrow AM.  Hopefully you are not too tired tomorrow morning  to properly attend to your troubled youths.  Namaste.

1 hour ago, scramble said:

That was a great job by MyMar.  I don't take to much away from that loss. I think Ringer gets him next time.  With that said, If J'Den goes down and Tayler is there I don't think it matters.  Also after Bo's U23 he is right there too. No matter what USA is in great shape here.

Where I think this really benefits Ringer is if he actually doesn't make the team.  He can probably get down to 79Kg, and he will have probably been competing with at least 3 guys that will be better than anyone in the World that will be at 79Kg.  Crazy to think Ringer could be anywhere from 3-5 in the U.S. and still potentially pull of Gold at 79Kg during the Olympic Year. 

Are they actually still having a Senior WC next year for non-OLympic weights?

This deserves a whole thread. The Spencer Lee we saw today was another level of Lee. He took his already freakishly good game to the moon. His tenacity, his grit his top game against these guys was unreal. Of course we need to see how it goes with Nato to know for sure but man, I am pumped. 

1 minute ago, BigTimeFan said:

This deserves a whole thread. The Spencer Lee we saw today was another level of Lee. He took his already freakishly good game to the moon. His tenacity, his grit his top game against these guys was unreal. Of course we need to see how it goes with Nato to know for sure but man, I am pumped. 

hyperbole much?

he definitely wrestled well, but, only had to wrestle one match against vito... and vito gave him a good match...

and NATO looked more impressive today...

and the top guys are not even there...

but, yes... lee looked good...

2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Well, I am likely to have a horrible run tomorrow!

I hope you are a better ref than you are a parent sweetcakes!

run along...

don't keep replying...

you really need your rest, little fella...

33 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

What time does wrestling start tomorrow?

Sunday, December 22

11 AM – 3 PM - Men’s Freestyle (57 KG, 65 KG, 74 KG, 86 KG , 97 KG, 125 KG) - Consolation, Consolation Semifinals, 3rd Place, 5th Place and 7th Place

11 AM – 3 PM - Women’s Freestyle (62 KG, 68 KG, 76 KG) - Consolation, Consolation Semifinals, 3rd Place, 5th Place and 7th Place

4 PM – 5:30 PM - Men’s Freestyle (57 KG, 65 KG, 74 KG, 86 KG , 97 KG, 125 KG) - Championship Finals

4 PM – 5:30 PM - Women’s Freestyle (62 KG, 68 KG, 76 KG) - Championship Finals

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Ah. Fair enough. Rather stupid essentially calling someone for stalling when they're shooting repeatedly though, yes?

I will have to agree with you on that one. I get that the rule is butts to the center or maybe not the rule but what the referees of the world call, however common sense would seem to be that the person who is taking legitimate shots is the one who is more aggressive. However, a lot of UWW rules and wrestling rules in general have nothing to do with common sense so what the **** do I know!

34 minutes ago, Cementmixer103 said:

Now I want to know how you guys know each other. He brought up your kid(s) several times, which seems really strange on a internet message board. Air the dirty laundry out!!!

biscuitflip tried to be an internet tough guy one night while not understanding what he was talking about... 

i got a little too honest... he may or may not have gone crying to a mod... i got a slap on the wrist

now he thinks it will bother me... 

it doesn't...

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

I will have to agree with you on that one. I get that the rule is butts to the center or maybe not the rule but what the referees of the world call, however common sense would seem to be that the person who is taking legitimate shots is the one who is more aggressive. However, a lot of UWW rules and wrestling rules in general have nothing to do with common sense so what the **** do I know!

if you are backing up and giving up ground, a "shot" does not mean you are being active... we see our guys do this because they have been ruined by a lifetime of the stall fest where it is in fact a legitimate stalling tactic...

you rarely see it from other countries because they actually learn how to wrestle as kids...

12 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I just rewatched the Oliver-Nick Lee match and it’s a good example of how butts to the center isn’t always indicative of who’s stalling. Lee’s butt is to the center pretty much the entire match and if you’re solely talking about “mat control” he’s the one in control. However common sense kicks in for the ref and he puts Lee on the clock because JO is ripping off shot after duck after shot with a true intent to score. I don’t think Lee actually took a shot with an intent to score the entire match (he had one shot that was maybe with scoring intent, but it was still just halfway at best). Sometimes a little common sense goes a long way and that ref did a great job using it there.  

2 hours ago, LJB said:

shots don't equate to action in the real styles... controlling center is the criteria...

as it should be...

I don't have a problem with wrestlers who keep their butt to the center being given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stalling. My problem is I don't think it is enforced properly all the time and, at least in my opinion, there is way more ways to game the system with that being your criteria as opposed to the person taking all the shots. I mean you can literally make sure your back is to the center at all times while your opponent is constantly working for a takedown and you might get rewarded with having them being dinged for passivity while you did jack ****.

2 hours ago, Mokoma said:

It was definitely easy, and it certainly was early, nearly a minute early.

Early is a relative term just like small, medium and large. And since Spencer said the match was tough I'll go with his factual knowledge rather than everybody else's opinion.

1 minute ago, ConnorsDad said:

I don't have a problem with wrestlers who keep their butt to the center being given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stalling. My problem is I don't think it is enforced properly all the time and, at least in my opinion, there is way more ways to game the system with that being your criteria as opposed to the person taking all the shots. I mean you can literally make sure your back is to the center at all times while your opponent is constantly working for a takedown and you might get rewarded with having them being dinged for passivity while you did jack ****.

Man arguing with LBJ is like talking to a brick wall. You can defend a logical position with all kinds of facts and concrete examples and he’ll just start calling you a dummy or flapjack or one of his silly nicknames. Then he will say his opinion 25 times worded differently and will continue to reply the same things over and over with lots of weirdly formatted sentences. Just a heads up. 

24 minutes ago, LJB said:

if you are backing up and giving up ground, a "shot" does not mean you are being active... we see our guys do this because they have been ruined by a lifetime of the stall fest where it is in fact a legitimate stalling tactic...

you rarely see it from other countries because they actually learn how to wrestle as kids...

I agree I'm just saying I think that it's not enforced uniformly by International officials and not at all by our domestic officials for the most part. I realize that's not UWW's fault that our officials are not enforcing it correctly.

2 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

if your opponent can not establish his own ground while you are, then all the dancing around the outside isn't doing anything... and the simple answer to all of this is to score points... don't want to be on the clock, score some points... it's really that easy...

i really can not think of one time where a wrestler was put on the shot clock in free that i thought was egregious...

i have seen some horrible examples of it in greco... both being called and not being called... and this is internationally... i won't even mention the domestically bad greco calls...

It gets called inconsistently and is always going to get called inconsistently as long as it’s a matter of judgement and is a large pool of individuals from a large variety of regions.  It’s also a call that in matches where there’s no to little scoring, both athletes get their chance (the vast majority of the time). There’s always outliers, and there are times when the guy who is not controlling the center is making much more attempts to score. Bottom line is the officials do not want the wrestling to go to the zone, and benefit will go to the butt facing the center.  

Folkstyle, while they have tried to do more to avoid “riding the line” I don’t know how much it’s actually accomplished. The biggest move they have made to stop the lay and hang tactics of the likes of Heil and Delgado and others is the neutral nearfall rule. Why?  Because it eliminates being able to grab something and hang on while exposing your self to danger just to avoid the criteria for control. But the outbounds rules don’t really avoid riding the line, they just make the line larger. 

Greco is as random as Rock Paper Scissors. 

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, LJB said:

hyperbole much?

he definitely wrestled well, but, only had to wrestle one match against vito... and vito gave him a good match...

and NATO looked more impressive today...

and the top guys are not even there...

but, yes... lee looked good...

Vito did not give him a good match, that is the hyperbole.  Lee will roll tomorrow.