spladle08

Freestyle 2019 Sr Nationals

12 hours ago, LJB said:

hyperbole much?

he definitely wrestled well, but, only had to wrestle one match against vito... and vito gave him a good match...

and NATO looked more impressive today...

and the top guys are not even there...

but, yes... lee looked good...

wondering when one has to wrestle an opponent twice, other than final x...

11 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

I will have to agree with you on that one. I get that the rule is butts to the center or maybe not the rule but what the referees of the world call, however common sense would seem to be that the person who is taking legitimate shots is the one who is more aggressive. However, a lot of UWW rules and wrestling rules in general have nothing to do with common sense so what the **** do I know!

i would like this post, but it says i have been too positive already today

11 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I just rewatched the Oliver-Nick Lee match and it’s a good example of how butts to the center isn’t always indicative of who’s stalling. Lee’s butt is to the center pretty much the entire match and if you’re solely talking about “mat control” he’s the one in control. However common sense kicks in for the ref and he puts Lee on the clock because JO is ripping off shot after duck after shot with a true intent to score. I don’t think Lee actually took a shot with an intent to score the entire match (he had one shot that was maybe with scoring intent, but it was still just halfway at best). Sometimes a little common sense goes a long way and that ref did a great job using it there.  

11 hours ago, LJB said:

if your opponent can not establish his own ground while you are, then all the dancing around the outside isn't doing anything... and the simple answer to all of this is to score points... don't want to be on the clock, score some points... it's really that easy...

i really can not think of one time where a wrestler was put on the shot clock in free that i thought was egregious...

i have seen some horrible examples of it in greco... both being called and not being called... and this is internationally... i won't even mention the domestically bad greco calls...

pot meet kettle

you said you wouldn't reply

10 hours ago, LJB said:

what did cruz do in that match?

nothing...

he "deserves" to be there because he paid a fee... that is the only requirement... nothing more... 

the dig at my kids is childish, immaterial, means fuk all, and does not bother me because where it comes from...

seriously, where do you people come from?

i guess dummy is ok tho right? 

10 hours ago, LJB said:

mokoma is a dummy who doesn't understand what he is watching... that is easy to see and not really debatable...

cruz did not wrestle lee..

vito did... and he got teched... but he actually wrestled lee anhd forced lee to wrestle no matter what your dummy thinks...

the rest is just typical forum parlor tricks... very low level... child like

speaking of child like...look in the mirror

forced lee to wrestle..lol..and lee scored at will... when he wanted to..he scored.

perhaps cruz knew this would happen...

get over  yourself... mr. real style.

Finals Predictions:

57 - Lee over NATO.  I'm a bigger fan of NATO and would love to see him pull this out.  But, Spencer is looking like he's there with Fix and Gilman (easily).

65 - Oliver over McKenna.  Again..  fan of the former buckeye, but Joey falls short to Oliver.

74 - Lewis over Massa.  Massa has looked great but Mekhi seems to also be in a good zone.  Jr. World champ previals.

86 - Zahid over Mymar.  My third former buckeye to fall short.  Zahid continues his dominance over MyMar.  If MyMar pulls this out, the Downey needs to look over his shoulder as there will then be 4-5 guys ahead of him that can take him out.

97 - zillmer over Moore.  Repeat of their last match.  Moore with a fantastic showing at a higher weight than he's used to.  My last buckeye to fall short.  Note. If a buckeye does pull through, I could see it being Moore. 

Hwt. Nelson over Bradley.  Nelson is looking good and positionally solid.  Bradley won't be able to bully through his takedowns like he did Caesar.

Edited by treep2000

9 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Finals Predictions:

57 - Lee over NATO.  I'm a bigger fan of NATO and would love to see him pull this out.  But, Spencer is looking like he's there with Fix and Gilman (easily).

65 - Oliver over McKenna.  Again..  fan of the former buckeye, but Joey falls short to Oliver.

74 - Lewis over Massa.  Massa has looked great but Mekhi seems to also be in a good zone.  Jr. World champ previals.

86 - Zahid over Mymar.  My third former buckeye to fall short.  Zahid continues his dominance over MyMar.  If MyMar pulls this out, the Downey needs to look over his shoulder as there will then be 4-5 guys ahead of him that can take him out.

97 - zillmer over Moore.  Repeat of their last match.  Moore with a fantastic showing at a higher weight than he's used to.  My last buckeye to fall short.  Note. If a buckeye does pull through, I could see it being Moore. 

Hwt. Nelson over Bradley.  Nelson is looking good and positionally solid.  Bradley won't be able to bully through his takedowns like he did Caesar.

Nice picks.  I agree with each one.

14 hours ago, NJDan said:

Where is the "ignore" button for beavis et al?

On any user's posts, highlight over their username.  Then an option comes up for "Ignore User" - check off all four options (posts, message, signatures, mentions) and click Update Preferences

I would HIGHLY recommend that more people utilize this feature, it doesn't even have to mean that a poster is a troll or toxic.  It could be as simple as you don't want to keep arguing with someone, yet you can't seem to stop getting in the last word.  

So what other opportunities are there for qualifying for those that don’t qualify today?
Theres a whole thread about qualifiers if you scroll down. But just cut and pasting 1 weight I think will give you the idea

74kg
2017 World Team - Jordan Burroughs
2017 World Team (70KG) - James Green
2018 World Team - Jordan Burroughs
2018 World Team (70KG) - James Green
2019 World Team - Jordan Burroughs (Bronze) - Part 2 Final Wrestle Off
2019 World Team (70KG) - James Green (No Medal)
2019 JR. World Champ - David Carr
2019 JR. World Champ (70KG) - X
2019 U23 World Champ - X
2019 U23 World Champ (70KG) - X
2019 Bill Farrell - Isaiah Martinez
2019 Olympic Trials Champ - Logan Massa/Mekhi Lewis
2019 Olympic Trials 2nd - Logan Massa/Mekhi Lewis
2019 Olympic Trials 3rd -
2019 Olympic Trials 4th -
2019 Olympic Trials 5th -
2020 Pan Am Champ (Gold) -
2020 Pan Am Qualifier (Qualify Weight) - X
2020 Final Qualifier Champ -
2020 Final Qualifier 2nd -

19 hours ago, NJDan said:

Where is the "ignore" button for beavis et al?

For real, how do I ignore people?  I'm trying to read through this thread and its like 10% wrestling 90% name calling and stupid arguments about semantics.

1 minute ago, lost said:

For real, how do I ignore people?  I'm trying to read through this thread and its like 10% wrestling 90% name calling and stupid arguments about semantics.

To be fair....That is most threads here. We have an All Star Semantic Team.

1 hour ago, lost said:

6 hours ago, Gantry said:

On any user's posts, highlight over their username.  Then an option comes up for "Ignore User" - check off all four options (posts, message, signatures, mentions) and click Update Preferences

I would HIGHLY recommend that more people utilize this feature, it doesn't even have to mean that a poster is a troll or toxic.  It could be as simple as you don't want to keep arguing with someone, yet you can't seem to stop getting in the last word.