spladle08

Freestyle 2019 Sr Nationals

7 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Finals Predictions:

57 - Lee over NATO.  I'm a bigger fan of NATO and would love to see him pull this out.  But, Spencer is looking like he's there with Fix and Gilman (easily).

65 - Oliver over McKenna.  Again..  fan of the former buckeye, but Joey falls short to Oliver.

74 - Lewis over Massa.  Massa has looked great but Mekhi seems to also be in a good zone.  Jr. World champ previals.

86 - Zahid over Mymar.  My third former buckeye to fall short.  Zahid continues his dominance over MyMar.  If MyMar pulls this out, the Downey needs to look over his shoulder as there will then be 4-5 guys ahead of him that can take him out.

97 - zillmer over Moore.  Repeat of their last match.  Moore with a fantastic showing at a higher weight than he's used to.  My last buckeye to fall short.  Note. If a buckeye does pull through, I could see it being Moore. 

Hwt. Nelson over Bradley.  Nelson is looking good and positionally solid.  Bradley won't be able to bully through his takedowns like he did Caesar.

My takeaways:

57 - Lee is going to give Fix all he can handle.  Period.

65 - best version of JO ive seen.  Looks great and has a definite shot of dethroning Zain.

74 - Massa.  Surprise of the tourney.  Still do not see him in same league as Imar, Dake or Burroughs... But, incredible job navigating that 2nd and 3rd tier field 

86 - MyMar is right there with Zahid.  A 7-5 loss in a highly competitive match.  MyMar is probably top 5 on the freestyle ladder at this point, and this version is way better than Downey.

97 - Moore closed the gap significantly vs. Zillmer.  Compared to last match.  Moore continues to improve and I think may be Top 3 at 97 at this point, especially after a few more months.  Tremendous confidence builder.

125 - Bradley did what he needed.  I don't think either of them will see the finals come OTT with Gable and gwiz in the way.  I could see Kerk reversing the loss to Nelson as well.

6 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

My takeaways:

57 - Lee is going to give Fix all he can handle.  Period.

65 - best version of JO ive seen.  Looks great and has a definite shot of dethroning Zain.

74 - Massa.  Surprise of the tourney.  Still do not see him in same league as Imar, Dake or Burroughs... But, incredible job navigating that 2nd and 3rd tier field 

86 - MyMar is right there with Zahid.  A 7-5 loss in a highly competitive match.  MyMar is probably top 5 on the freestyle ladder at this point, and this version is way better than Downey.

97 - Moore closed the gap significantly vs. Zillmer.  Compared to last match.  Moore continues to improve and I think may be Top 3 at 97 at this point, especially after a few more months.  Tremendous confidence builder.

125 - Bradley did what he needed.  I don't think either of them will see the finals come OTT with Gable and gwiz in the way.  I could see Kerk reversing the loss to Nelson as well.

MyMar top 5?  I guess if Cox and/or Nickal are up that could be true.

Wow, what a tourney, so many outstanding performances. At 57, I thought Spencer looked great winning, he was highly offensive and was able to control Vito and NaTo really well. But speaking of NaTo and Vito they also had very good performances. 
JO, well he really brought his “A” game for this one, and even thoughJoey Mac got run over by JO in the finals he and Nick Lee has good performances. 

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

You're kind of annoying with your exactness.  You'd make a good SS soldier Herr Commandant

Because I disagree?  My bad.  Just pointing out the obvious that he would not be top 5 if they’re both at 86.  I do agree he’s wrestling well and could place 5th, he just wouldn’t be ranked or seeded 5th currently.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Because I disagree?  My bad.  Just pointing out the obvious that he would not be top 5 if they’re both at 86.  I do agree he’s wrestling well and could place 5th, he just wouldn’t be ranked or seeded 5th currently.

No.  Because of what I stated... Repeatedly, about your preciseness and exactness. It's annoying...

Spencer will get the tokyo spot and bring home the gold....everyone read now. Spencer Lee wins on the biggest levels...all the biggest  levels hes ever been. He will get the spot, go to Tokyo and bring us a gold. 

Ladies n Gents

Mark my words please!

At 74, Logan Massa had a real good showing and I guess we shouldn’t be all that surprised because he did turn in two Bronze medal performances overseas not all that long ago. I think 74, is another one of those weights where things are just going to be crazy come the Oly trials. Add in all this talent, plus JB and Dake, to the mix, and this will be a demolition derby. 
86, Zahid used his high volume of attacks to win this. I am not sure where he’ll be seated at the Oly trials, especially with J’den possibly coming down, and DT and PD3, also being in the mix. I am also sure that both MyMar, and Ringer will be will make some adjustments as well. If J’den is at 86, this weight will be incredibly tough, like every other weight.  
97, was kind of a head scratcher, with Gadson dropping two matches and Kollin Moore allowing his big lead evaporate over Zillmer in the finals. Not sure what to think, other than Zillmer once again was able to put in another good performance 
125, I didn’t think Dom was going to win this, but he attacked well when he needed, and maybe he’s still got some of that man strength on tap to make a serious run against Gwizz, Gable, Coon, and others come April. I have no idea how bad Cassar was injured, but hopefully he can bounce back quickly.  Speaking of injury, I was watching the match between Garrett and Cork Clark, and they had an exchange where they went off the mat. Hopefully it wasn’t as bad as it sounded. I did see Cory standing in the background with his arm in a sling later on, so I hope that it won’t take him long to recover from. 

9 minutes ago, de4856 said:

Garrett and Cork Clark, and they had an exchange where they went off the mat. Hopefully it wasn’t as bad as it sounded. I did see Cory standing in the background with his arm in a sling later on, so I hope that it won’t take him long to recover from. 

Said, he broke his wrist?

9 hours ago, de4856 said:

At 74, Logan Massa had a real good showing and I guess we shouldn’t be all that surprised because he did turn in two Bronze medal performances overseas not all that long ago. I think 74, is another one of those weights where things are just going to be crazy come the Oly trials. Add in all this talent, plus JB and Dake, to the mix, and this will be a demolition derby. 
86, Zahid used his high volume of attacks to win this. I am not sure where he’ll be seated at the Oly trials, especially with J’den possibly coming down, and DT and PD3, also being in the mix. I am also sure that both MyMar, and Ringer will be will make some adjustments as well. If J’den is at 86, this weight will be incredibly tough, like every other weight.  
97, was kind of a head scratcher, with Gadson dropping two matches and Kollin Moore allowing his big lead evaporate over Zillmer in the finals. Not sure what to think, other than Zillmer once again was able to put in another good performance 
125, I didn’t think Dom was going to win this, but he attacked well when he needed, and maybe he’s still got some of that man strength on tap to make a serious run against Gwizz, Gable, Coon, and others come April. I have no idea how bad Cassar was injured, but hopefully he can bounce back quickly.  Speaking of injury, I was watching the match between Garrett and Cork Clark, and they had an exchange where they went off the mat. Hopefully it wasn’t as bad as it sounded. I did see Cory standing in the background with his arm in a sling later on, so I hope that it won’t take him long to recover from. 

Gadson seemed way out of shape.  He was carrying a tire around his waste. 

10 hours ago, PAtheBEST119 said:

Spencer will get the tokyo spot and bring home the gold....everyone read now. Spencer Lee wins on the biggest levels...all the biggest  levels hes ever been. He will get the spot, go to Tokyo and bring us a gold. 

Ladies n Gents

Mark my words please!

Agree, Spence Lee will go down as one of the greats, provided he stays healthy and remains focused on wrestling.  He seems to have other interests, so it will be interesting to see how long he sticks around.