Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Molinaro Lazor was atrociously reffed

On 12/22/2019 at 7:35 AM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Molinaro did the same thing to Eierman and only got 2 for the first turn. He was arguing for a goo minute before he towed the line again. 

I just watched both matches very closely.

Lazor vs Molinaro, on all but 1 of the turns, Molinaro got back to both knees touching the mat and left hand touching the mat.  This enough for a fresh start and new turn.  The second turn was white paddles because he didn't get to both knees.

Molinaro vs Eirman, Eirman never got hips facing down, never got back to both knees, never got back to a fresh start position, so only the initial turn scores.

The two referees I see in the match vs Lazor are both International level referees with their UWW licenses.  The jury member who goes out to talk to the coach before they review the challenge is one of the top officials for education and rulings in our organization and is a high level UWW official.  The referee who gave the final ruling is an Olympic referee and one of the best referees in the world at this time.

Now, after all that, go back and look at the matches from a perspective of neutrality.  As officials we hone in on the slightest subtleties such as the ones I described above.  The crew vs Lazor did white paddle the second turn attempt because Molinaro did not get back to a base and fresh start.  The fairly evaluated each turn attempt based on their individual merits.  They were different turns. 

Edited by neutralpositionref

9 minutes ago, neutralpositionref said:

I just watched both matches very closely.

Lazor vs Molinaro, on all but 1 of the turns, Molinaro got back to both knees touching the mat and left hand touching the mat.  This enough for a fresh start and new turn.  The second turn was white paddles because he didn't get to both knees.

Molinaro vs Eirman, Eirman never got hips facing down, never got back to both knees, never got back to a fresh start position, so only the initial turn scores.

The two referees I see in the match vs Lazor are both International level referees with their UWW licenses.  The jury member who goes out to talk to the coach before they review the challenge is one of the top officials for education and rulings in our organization and is a high level UWW official.  The referee who gave the final ruling in an Olympic referee and one of the best referees in the world at this time.

Now, after all that, go back and look at the matches from a perspective of neutrality.  As officials we hone in on the slightest subtleties such as the ones I described above.  The crew vs Lazor did white paddle the second turn attempt because Molinaro did not get back to a base and fresh start.  The fairly evaluated each turn attempt based on their individual merits.  They were different turns. 

I learned something. I was halfway in agreement with the OP going to full agreement and course corrected to your view after this post. Thank you.