BigTenFanboy

Cassar injured

Kerkvliet can't wrestle for Penn State this season, correct?

Alot of scenarios to play out here. Is it season ending, how long will he be out and will it affect his seeding, would he possibly come back next season if he is lost for this season, Kerkvliet would then transfer again....

I really want to see Cassar vs Gable at the stadium for the Championship though. 

Edited by Gopher82

25 minutes ago, headshuck said:

His facial expression was like it’s happened before. Has it?

There were rumors a couple of years ago that shoulder injuries ended his career.  He is obviously better than ever.  Let's hope this is not serious and penn state takes their well deserved beating on the mat rather than the hospital.

During the match you could hear the physician say "it could be a grade 2 or grade 3 shoulder separation".  Grade 3 separations are usually pretty obvious, so hopefully it's the grade 2 level.  If that is the case he could probably be back by February.  However, I doubt they would bring him back.  If it is a grade 3 it could be much more problematic. If it is a grade 3 and they can get enough recovery in by Conference that he will still go. If it does require surgery he will obviously be done.  No matter what, I don't think we see him much between now and conference. 

Unless he has to have surgery he is probably still an A.A. at 80%. 

If it’s grade 3, he’s done. Clean break of the ligament off the bone. Really hope it’s not that. Sounded to me like the trainer was making an argument for defaulting out (could be just a dislocation but also a severe separation so let’s take the conservative route....), since there’s no way to tell on the mat what it was. 

24 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Any chance another pumped up 190 pounder pops up and dominates the pathetic HWT field?

I don't know if this year's HWT field is that bad.  In addition to Cassar, you've got Steveson coming back; Parris, who is having a great season; along with former AAs Hall, Hillger, and Stencil, as well as super frosh Cassioppi.  

I think this March will be a dogfight!