Rich-JerseyStrong

Near Future for college HWY's looks awesome

55 minutes ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

AJ might not have the accolades, but he is just as good as any of those.  And has the potential of anyone of those.  I havent seen anyone in the last 2 yrs hang with him at all. And I definitely see him finishing with 3-4 AA's and 1-3 titles.  

You believe that...

4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

2019 #1 - Kerklevit - multiple  age level medalist, including cadet gold, only really lost to Gable Steveson

2018 - Gable Steveson - 3 time age level world champion, make final X at 18

2017 - Daton Fix (Spencer Lee is #2, Yianni #3) - all have age level golds

2016 - Mark Hall - multiple time age level gold

2015 - Zahid Valencia - junior world silver

2014 - Kyle Snyder - multiple time age level world medalist, including junior gold

AJ isn’t even in the same league as any of these guys. He has a cadet world bronze - solid, but plenty of cadet bronzes don’t pan out in college.

The same cannot be said for multiple age level medalist, like every other #1 in the last 7+ years (besides Zahid - he only won one junior silver) of those guys at worst places 3rd their freshman year (and Gable was a true freshman). Yianni and Lee won titles as true freshman, and Fix places 2nd his redshirt year. 

AJ is by far the least proven #1 in the last 7 classes, and likely more than that. 

or do you think he is ahead of any guy on this list?

Great post.  AJ is easily last of that group.

1 hour ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

If I would have broken it down further, tier 1 would definitely include Kerkvliet, parris, Cassioppi and Schultz.  Next year, any one of those can win it. 

The same Schultz who lost to AJ Nevills a few weeks ago?

4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

2019 #1 - Kerklevit - multiple  age level medalist, including cadet gold, only really lost to Gable Steveson

2018 - Gable Steveson - 3 time age level world champion, make final X at 18

2017 - Daton Fix (Spencer Lee is #2, Yianni #3) - all have age level golds

2016 - Mark Hall - multiple time age level gold

2015 - Zahid Valencia - junior world silver

2014 - Kyle Snyder - multiple time age level world medalist, including junior gold

AJ isn’t even in the same league as any of these guys. He has a cadet world bronze - solid, but plenty of cadet bronzes don’t pan out in college.

The same cannot be said for multiple age level medalist, like every other #1 in the last 7+ years (besides Zahid - he only won one junior silver) of those guys at worst places 3rd their freshman year (and Gable was a true freshman). Yianni and Lee won titles as true freshman, and Fix places 2nd his redshirt year. 

AJ is by far the least proven #1 in the last 7 classes, and likely more than that. 

or do you think he is ahead of any guy on this list?

Schultz was P4P #1 last year not Kerk.

Until it happens I won't believe Steveson loses to anyone in college not named Cassar. And Cassar has to be healthy.

So in FOLKSTYLE next season:

Tier 1-Steveson, Cassar(if he is here)

Tier 2-Parris, Kerk(if no Cassar), Cassiopi, Hillger

Tier 3-Elam, Wood, Orndorf, Singletary, Stencel, Nevills(if no Cassar or Kerkvliet), Schultz

AJF doesn't even belong close to this list next year.

The following year Wood and Stencel are gone. Elam may step up to Tier 2. Nevills as well(if transfer or no Kerk). AJF still doesn't enter this conversation.

59 minutes ago, simple said:

Meh, one of those first three would have to jump levels again for that. Schultz is not as good at folk as you think he is and has no chance to win a title next year. Ferrari should RS. He’s not beating the top 4 anytime soon.

I'm sure AJ will.  He needs to put on a little more size. 

We will have to see about Schultz.  But how many freshman WIN the US open, especially at Hwy.  Albeit, it was Greco.  But still Very impressive. 

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Until it happens I won't believe Steveson loses to anyone in college not named Cassar. And Cassar has to be healthy.

So in FOLKSTYLE next season:

Tier 1-Steveson, Cassar(if he is here)

Tier 2-Parris, Kerk(if no Cassar), Cassiopi, Hillger

Tier 3-Elam, Wood, Orndorf, Singletary, Stencel, Nevills(if no Cassar or Kerkvliet), Schultz

AJF doesn't even belong close to this list next year.

The following year Wood and Stencel are gone. Elam may step up to Tier 2. Nevills as well(if transfer or no Kerk). AJF still doesn't enter this conversation.

Disagree. I see AJ beating just about everyone on tha tier 3 list, definitely in 2 yrs and getting some wins against them next yr.

8 minutes ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

The bottom line to this post, was that I wanted to simply discuss all the great up and coming Hwys.  Discuss all the possible match ups.  And would Have loved to hear about any up and comers that we might not have heard of.

Great. We can either discuss the great heavyweight youth movement OR AJF. They don't belong in the same conversation. Choose one. Discuss.

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Great. We can either discuss the great heavyweight youth movement OR AJF. They don't belong in the same conversation. Choose one. Discuss.

Hahah.  Ok.  Why, cause you can't spot talent if it was right in front of you?  

He's a phemonial athlete, super quick and an incredible wrestler.  Only thing he is lacking right now, is size.  Which will come. 

2 hours ago, simple said:

Meh, one of those first three would have to jump levels again for that. Schultz is not as good at folk as you think he is and has no chance to win a title next year. Ferrari should RS. He’s not beating the top 4 anytime soon.

I am not saying schultz is that great at all.  However he is 188-2 in HS and a 4x state champ.  Have to believe he is pretty good.  And 9-1 this yr unattached. 

And I definitely agree AJ should RS.

26 minutes ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

I am not saying schultz is that great at all.  However he is 188-2 in HS and a 4x state champ.  Have to believe he is pretty good.  And 9-1 this yr unattached. 

And I definitely agree AJ should RS.

I guess I don’t understand. You’re saying Schultz is tier one and can win a title next year, but here you say he’s not that great at all.

6 minutes ago, simple said:

I guess I don’t understand. You’re saying Schultz is tier one and can win a title next year, but here you say he’s not that great at all.

I thought he was saying AJF was a "tier 1.." 

Schultz just found his way into the discussion.

5 hours ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

AJ might not have the accolades, but he is just as good as any of those.  And has the potential of anyone of those.  I havent seen anyone in the last 2 yrs hang with him at all. And I definitely see him finishing with 3-4 AA's and 1-3 titles.  

Ok fair enough. You are super high on him. I hope you are right. OSU could challenge for a title next year if he is a title contender 

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

The same Schultz who lost to AJ Nevills a few weeks ago?

I’m not the guy you are asking, but Schultz hasn’t been training folkstyle . He has been almost exclusively focused on Greco since college started. He entered folkstyle tournaments to flex his folk muscles, but he hardly trains it at all right now. 

Edited by Housebuye

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

I’m not the guy you are asking, but Schultz hasn’t been training folkstyle . He has been almost exclusively focused on Greco since college started. He entered folkstyle tournaments to flex his folk muscles, but he hardly trains it at all right now. 

It was rhetorical. Schultz lost to AJ Nevills a few weeks ago in Folkstyle.

Just now, Housebuye said:

Bugger you are correct. They had Schultz over him in the Heavyweight rankings.

3 hours ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

The bottom line to this post, was that I wanted to simply discuss all the great up and coming Hwys.  Discuss all the possible match ups.  And would Have loved to hear about any up and comers that we might not have heard of.

You are totally right. Upper weights are only getting better. Hope a few go 197. That weight has been so weird for what feels like a decade

7 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Ok...my link, posted the same day, has Kerklevit. Not sure what to do now. One of us has to win and o r of us has to lose. 

I will concede that yours meant the better P4P college prospect was Kerk if you concede that Schultz for whatever reason was 'ranked' as the better high school P4P wrestler.