Rich-JerseyStrong

Near Future for college HWY's looks awesome

11 hours ago, Housebuye said:

You are totally right. Upper weights are only getting better. Hope a few go 197. That weight has been so weird for what feels like a decade

Thank you.  That is ALL I'm saying.  Great point about 197.   I would also love too see 225 added. And the weight class raised to At least 285 in HS and 300 In college.  I honestly believe that we are going to see bigger, greater athletes, that are around 300, that might have normally been a DT in college, staying with wrestling thru college because of MMA and the ESPN and Flowrestling coverage. 

Edited by Rich-JerseyStrong

13 hours ago, simple said:

I guess I don’t understand. You’re saying Schultz is tier one and can win a title next year, but here you say he’s not that great at all.

You have my quote right in front of you and you still misquote me.  I am speaking more about his potential since he has not wrestled a season in college yet.   

11 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Ok fair enough. You are super high on him. I hope you are right. OSU could challenge for a title next year if he is a title contender 

I just think he has a great deal of potential.   You can teach someone to wrestle better.  And you can fix some of their mistakes.    But at this age in life it is hard to teach speed and power like his.  Going against high level competition in college will help him to adapt and tweak his technique towards collegiate wrestling and on. 

8 hours ago, treep2000 said:

The days of the fat heavyweight are drawing nigh.  Cassar, Parris, Kerk... These guys are athletic and have the chance to be monsters.  Nelson was fatter, and now is muscle bound.  Hell, Nick Nevills looks like he's hit the gym in a good way.

Completely agree.  You are have great athletes at the Hwy division now.  Rather then just finding big guys to fill the weight. 

38 minutes ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

I just think he has a great deal of potential.   You can teach someone to wrestle better.  And you can fix some of their mistakes.    But at this age in life it is hard to teach speed and power like his.  Going against high level competition in college will help him to adapt and tweak his technique towards collegiate wrestling and on. 

He is the anti Yianni. 

Yianni came into college with a deep understanding of how wrestling works. His proprioception is off the charts. He has also never lifted.

2 hours ago, Rich-JerseyStrong said:

You have my quote right in front of you and you still misquote me.  I am speaking more about his potential since he has not wrestled a season in college yet.   

What? What did I misquote?

You said, “...tier 1 would definitely include Kerkvliet, parris, Cassioppi and Schultz.  Next year, any one of those can win it. 

then said,  “I am not saying schultz is that great at all”

2 minutes ago, simple said:

What? What did I misquote?

You said, “...tier 1 would definitely include Kerkvliet, parris, Cassioppi and Schultz.  Next year, any one of those can win it. 

then said,  “I am not saying schultz is that great at all”

Not going back and forth. Haha. Have a wonderful holidays. 

13 hours ago, treep2000 said:

The days of the fat heavyweight are drawing nigh.  Cassar, Parris, Kerk... These guys are athletic and have the chance to be monsters.  Nelson was fatter, and now is muscle bound.  Hell, Nick Nevills looks like he's hit the gym in a good way.

Nelson has never been fat.

He is leaner and more muscular now, maybe that is what you mean.

But all thru college, he looked a bit undersized and smaller.  

But looks mean nothing. I wish these young men would realize this.   Looked at Gable, no offense, but he is not going to be a Mr Universe contestant, but can do a standing back flip and is an absolute phenomenal wrestler.