scramble

Freestyle Senior Nationals_Final Day

I wish we had seen a Pantaleo that grew bgg into the weight rather than stopped mid-city.

You can see some of these other 70 kegger guys doing well right now.

Side note/question:

Lavallee? Isn't this the same 'vet' who was a 'vet' when he got his pants beat off him by a high school Logan Massa, then subsequently pulled a Desanto(before it was a Desanto) and tried to rip his arm off?

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I wish we had seen a Pantaleo that grew bgg into the weight rather than stopped mid-city.

You can see some of these other 70 kegger guys doing well right now.

Side note/question:

Lavallee? Isn't this the same 'vet' who was a 'vet' when he got his pants beat off him by a high school Logan Massa, then subsequently pulled a Desanto(before it was a Desanto) and tried to rip his arm off?

IDK, but Lavallee is a good dude.  Pantaleo is short and thick, I don't see him growing into a weight.

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

IDK, but Lavallee is a good dude.  Pantaleo is short and thick, I don't see him growing into a weight.

What I meant essentially was I wish he hadn't essentially made most of the cut then given up. Wish he'd have been able to focus on wrestling the last few weeks.

5 minutes ago, pamela said:

Interesting strategy. Would Yianni be the 4-seed at OTT on the same side as JO (if he wins today), or does he have the 2 or 3 seed locked in? I’m not sure.

Oh good question.

If Oliver wins, that would be this then:

1-Zain

2-Oliver

3-McKenna

4-Johnny D

5-Lee

I could see where they give Lee the 4 and Johnny the 5, but that doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Oh good question.

If Oliver wins, that would be this then:

1-Zain

2-Oliver

3-McKenna

4-Johnny D

5-Lee

I could see where they give Lee the 4 and Johnny the 5, but that doesn't matter.

If this is the case that will suck for Zain and set up really well for JO in my opinion. We will see later today if McKenna has anything for him, but avoiding needing to beat Zain and Yianni before the finals would be huge. 

Just now, goheels1812 said:

If this is the case that will suck for Zain and set up really well for JO in my opinion. We will see later today if McKenna has anything for him, but avoiding needing to beat Zain and Yianni before the finals would be huge. 

6 would be Molinaro if that helps at all.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

6 would be Molinaro if that helps at all.

Which would mean McKenna and Molinaro go at it before one reaches JO. I personally don’t think Molinaro will be able to beat McKenna. If JO cruises by McKenna today he’s really sitting pretty for OTTs IMO. 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Which would mean McKenna and Molinaro go at it before one reaches JO. I personally don’t think Molinaro will be able to beat McKenna. If JO cruises by McKenna today he’s really sitting pretty for OTTs IMO. 

It looks like it, yes.

4 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Agreed. And if Zain is still injured I feel confident that JO could qualify the weight for the US.

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

65kg as of now is rather straightforward.

A lot depends on tonight's final, but assuming Oliver wins, the only question is does Nick Lee get the 3, 4, or 5? My guess is Lee is the 5.

What justification is there for Lee 3?? He and Yianni are clearly 4 or 5, and the order doesn’t matter since both seeds will be in Zain’s side of the bracket. This makes Yianni’s default out especially weak. He had nothing to lose except confidence.