scramble

Freestyle Senior Nationals_Final Day

4 minutes ago, pamela said:

Sorry if I missed this, but: 

1. What was the injury that caused Nahshon to inj def out of the 5th place match? I just realized he hasn’t qualified for trials yet.

2. What was the story behind Josh Rodriguez not showing up for his second match but later wrestling in the consi’s? Did he get sick or something?

Nashon is already qualified.

25 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

USAW also posted the order for finals:

WFS 62 kg - #1 Maya Nelson vs. #3 Emma Bruntil
MFS 125 kg - #1 Anthony Nelson vs. #2 Dom Bradley
MFS 97 kg - #2 Hayden Zillmer vs. #4 Kollin Moore
WFS 76 kg - #1 Precious Bell vs. #2 Dymond Guilford
MFS 74 kg: #2 Mekhi Lewis vs. #4 Logan Massa 
MFS 86 kg - #2 Zahid Valencia vs. #5 Myles Martin
WFS 68 kg - #1 Forrest Molinari vs. #3 Alexandria Glaude 
MFS 65 kg: #2 Jordan Oliver vs. #5 Joey McKenna 
MFS 57 kg Nathan Tomasello vs. #3 Spencer Lee 

Not sure if this is it, but Nahshon was knocked out briefly during an early exchange with Cory  Clark, who apparently broke a wrist in the same match later (is that the worst match ever or what?). After having his head bandaged, Garrett finished the match but in subsequent matches, the cut was bleeding profusely. I thought they might stop the match before his default due to bleeding. 

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I wish we had seen a Pantaleo that grew bgg into the weight rather than stopped mid-city.

You can see some of these other 70 kegger guys doing well right now.

Side note/question:

Lavallee? Isn't this the same 'vet' who was a 'vet' when he got his pants beat off him by a high school Logan Massa, then subsequently pulled a Desanto(before it was a Desanto) and tried to rip his arm off?

No it is not!

2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

What justification is there for Lee 3?? He and Yianni are clearly 4 or 5, and the order doesn’t matter since both seeds will be in Zain’s side of the bracket. This makes Yianni’s default out especially weak. He had nothing to lose except confidence.

Nick Lee just techfalled Molinaro.

Molinaro defeated McKenna 6-3 at the 2019 US Open. McKenna had a very bad US Open this last season, if you recall.

6 minutes ago, WF89 said:

Nashon is already qualified.

New Olympic Trials qualifiers in men’s freestyle from this weekend
57 kg - Nathan Tomasello (TMWC), Spencer Lee (TMWC), Vitali Arujau (Titan Mercury WC), Nick Suriano (NYC RTC), Zach Sanders (Gopher WC - RTC)
65 kg - Joey McKenna (TMWC), Nick Lee (Nittany Lion WC), Yianni Diakomihalis (Titan Mercury WC), Frank Molinaro (Titan Mercury WC)
74 kg - Logan Massa (NYAC), Mekhi Lewis (TMWC), Thomas Gantt (Titan Mercury WC), Evan Wick (Titan Mercury WC), Anthony Valencia (Sunkist Kids)
86 kg - Zahid Valencia (Sunkist Kids), Myles Martin (TMWC), Brett Pfarr (Gopher WC - RTC), Samuel Brooks (New York AC)
97 kg - Kollin Moore (Ohio RTC), Hayden Zillmer (Gopher WC RTC), Ty Walz (Titan Mercury WC), Kyven Gadson (Sunkist Kids), Jacob Kasper (Titan Mercury WC)
125 kg - Anthony Nelson (Gopher WC RTC), Dom Bradley (Sunkist Kids), Daniel Kerkvliet (Titan Mercury WC), Nick Nevills (Nittany Lion WC), Garrett Ryan (Sunkist Kids

Just now, nhs67 said:

Nick Lee just techfalled Molinaro.

Molinaro defeated McKenna 6-3 at the 2019 US Open. McKenna had a very bad US Open this last season, if you recall.

No way Lee is 3 no matter how many times he tech falls Molinaro. Joey Lazor tech falled Molinaro in the same tournament. McKenna is clearly the 3 seed unless he becomes the 2 seed by upsetting JO (JO is my most confident pick tonight so I’m not saying that happens). 

4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

No way Lee is 3 no matter how many times he tech falls Molinaro. Joey Lazor tech falled Molinaro in the same tournament. McKenna is clearly the 3 seed unless he becomes the 2 seed by upsetting JO (JO is my most confident pick tonight so I’m not saying that happens). 

I agreed in my posts if you see. I have Lee at 5.

That being said: In Freestyle who has beaten Lee? Will Lazor be there? No. Other common opponents? No. The case for Lee being #3 is stronger than you are giving it credit.

Again: Ability-wise I believe McKenna and Johnny D absolutely are better... results though? He has a strong case for the 3 and you can bet your bottom dollar the NLWC coaches will try to get him on opposite sides from Zain.

Edited by nhs67

It’s his lack of FS credentials more than anything else. Teching a washed up Molinaro doesn’t make you the 3 seed when two guys who have serious credentials placed ahead of you at nationals. And the guy who defaulted to you is much more credentialed as well. There is no credible case for his being 3. 

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

It’s his lack of FS credentials more than anything else. Teching a washed up Molinaro doesn’t make you the 3 seed when two guys who have serious credentials placed ahead of you at nationals. And the guy who defaulted to you is much more credentialed as well. There is no credible case for his being 3. 

I understand your point, and agree a lack of results should hurt him, as it did Lee in seeding 57 for this tournament.

I would like to focus on the finals from here on in this thread, though.

Appreciate your insights. 

Edited by nhs67
Fat fingers...

3 minutes ago, jon said:

Four lines containing colon and two lines containing dash. And it looks as if there's too much whitespace after the word 'Lee'. """Part of the charm""" lol.

Not in the correct match order either...

Edited by Mphillips
specifics...