Sign in to follow this  
RED

Yianni / McKenna - Seriously?

Seems everyone's afraid to call a spade a spade.  Take a look at the pic below. 2 awarded with 1 second on the clock.  Perhaps I am missing something, but everything I've learned over the years in wrestling leads me to believe the ref is smoking dope.  HOW IS THIS 2?  Please tell me if you believe otherwise, and if so, why?  I'm looking to educate myself.  Certainly looks fairly obvious that Yianni was SCREWED.  And please, this has nothing to do with NCAA's, so no need to even bring up your opinions on that match.  We've heard them already.

thumbnail - 2.png

Edited by RED

4 minutes ago, RED said:

Seems everyone's afraid to call a spade a spade.  Take a look at the pic below. 2 awarded with 1 second on the clock.  Perhaps I am missing something, but everything I've learned over the years in wrestling leads me to believe the ref is smoking dope.  Please tell me if you believe otherwise, and if so, why?  I'm looking to educate myself.  Certainly looks fairly obvious that Yianni was SCREWED.  And please, this has nothing to do with NCAA's, so no need to even bring up your opinions on that match.  We've heard them already.

thumbnail - 2.png

I wasn’t there but one thing I do know is in the past it’s come up multiple times that the clock you see on Flo is not perfectly in sync with the clock on the mat. Now I have no idea if this was the case here, but keep in mind it is possible the clock on the mat was different. 

14 minutes ago, RED said:

Seems everyone's afraid to call a spade a spade.  Take a look at the pic below. 2 awarded with 1 second on the clock.  Perhaps I am missing something, but everything I've learned over the years in wrestling leads me to believe the ref is smoking dope.  HOW IS THIS 2?  Please tell me if you believe otherwise, and if so, why?  I'm looking to educate myself.  Certainly looks fairly obvious that Yianni was SCREWED.  And please, this has nothing to do with NCAA's, so no need to even bring up your opinions on that match.  We've heard them already.

thumbnail - 2.png

I think its two.  Control of the leg and hip. 

Just now, russelscout said:

I think its two.  Control of the leg and hip. 

Doesn't some part of Yianni's left leg, other than the foot, have to be on the mat for it to be a takedown?  If it were that simple, then merely lifting the opponents foot when the opponent is in a quadpod position would count as a takedown, and pretty sure that isn't the case.

A better shot would be a couple of seconds prior to this, to determine if Yianni's left knee is on the mat.

In that particular still Yianni’s knee is off the mat. But what it doesn’t show is if it was prior to and then came up, hence why the ref currently has two fully outreaches up. So this isn’t really any kind of evidence. 

1 minute ago, klehner said:

Doesn't some part of Yianni's left leg, other than the foot, have to be on the mat for it to be a takedown?  If it were that simple, then merely lifting the opponents foot when the opponent is in a quadpod position would count as a takedown, and pretty sure that isn't the case.

A better shot would be a couple of seconds prior to this, to determine if Yianni's left knee is on the mat.

His knee touches the mat in the same position. It's coming off the mat in the screen shot as Mckenna drives him to his butt. McKenna is behind him, with a hand controlling the hip, and supporting points down. It's 2.

2 minutes ago, klehner said:

At 2 seconds Yianni is in the exact same position but completely flat on his butt with his leg underneath him. I tried to upload a screenshot of it, but it says the file is too large to post. I’m not tech savvy enough to find a way around it haha. 

20 minutes ago, RED said:

thumbnail - 2.png

I think you're letting your fandom get in the way here. From a neutral observer, McKenna has the leg shelfed, control of the far hip, and Yianni's butt and knee touch the mat before time runs out. There are better angles/videos where you can see the knee and butt touch before time runs out. This is a screenshot a split second after where Yianni's knee comes off the mat as he is driven to his hip (which does occur after time, but the 2 is already secured before then).

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

His knee touches the mat in the same position. It's coming off the mat in the screen shot as Mckenna drives him to his butt. McKenna is behind him, with a hand controlling the hip, and supporting points down. It's 2.

Look again, McKenna is NOT behind him!  Never is until well after the whistle is blown!

59 minutes ago, RED said:

The hip isn't on the mat!

It’s clearly on the mat at the 2 second mark. You basically just chose a still frame in time to try and prove a point. Also you’re clearly a Cornell fan so I think your bias is showing pretty badly right now considering about 8 people are explaining to you how it’s a takedown.