Sign in to follow this  
RED

Yianni / McKenna - Seriously?

6 hours ago, RED said:

Seems everyone's afraid to call a spade a spade.  Take a look at the pic below. 2 awarded with 1 second on the clock.  Perhaps I am missing something, but everything I've learned over the years in wrestling leads me to believe the ref is smoking dope.  HOW IS THIS 2?  Please tell me if you believe otherwise, and if so, why?  I'm looking to educate myself.  Certainly looks fairly obvious that Yianni was SCREWED.  And please, this has nothing to do with NCAA's, so no need to even bring up your opinions on that match.  We've heard them already.

thumbnail - 2.png

Well, I see four guys signalling 2 (the ref on the mat, the guy in the grey sweatshirt to the right of the table, the guy standing behind the table with the hat on, and the kid in the stands behind the hat guy). I don't see anybody signalling no takedown. So the consensus is 4-0 for TD. 

5 minutes ago, 77again said:

Well, I see four guys signalling 2 (the ref on the mat, the guy in the grey sweatshirt to the right of the table, the guy standing behind the table with the hat on, and the kid in the stands behind the hat guy). I don't see anybody signalling no takedown. So the consensus is 4-0 for TD. 

I see about 50 people that aren’t signaling a takedown so I guess it’s 50-4 for no td 

Well JO looked great this weekend, if he can wrestle the same way in April, he just might end up being our rep. 
As far as Yianni is concerned, I have no doubt that he will make the necessary changes he needs to come the Oly trials, and be in the thick of it. I know this blog is all off topic but I just have to mention that Joey McKenna and Nick Lee had impressive weekend themselves. 

43 minutes ago, de4856 said:

Well JO looked great this weekend, if he can wrestle the same way in April, he just might end up being our rep. 
As far as Yianni is concerned, I have no doubt that he will make the necessary changes he needs to come the Oly trials, and be in the thick of it. I know this blog is all off topic but I just have to mention that Joey McKenna and Nick Lee had impressive weekend themselves. 

Agreed McKenna seems to have gotten back on tracl freestyle wise after a disappointing year and Lee really seemed to jump levels I definitely didn’t see him beating Molinaro or Eierman 

JO looks the best he ever has, I’m curious if he can keep that pace and motor in a 2 outta 3 with Zain after getting past yianni.

8 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Here’s the 2 seconds left still frame. Sitting right on his butt. Thanks for the video upload above (I’m out of likes for the day ha). 

This is the intelligent response for which I was fishing.  I was wrong and can admit it...sadly.  I hate that......

10 hours ago, PAtheBEST119 said:

everyone thinks yianni is the class in the US of this weight class but if he was THE CLASS why are all his big matches "controversial"?

Style.  Ask Molinaro if theirs was a big match, and if there was any controversy.  Or ask JO.  Ask Yianni if any of his matches in the two tournaments he won
in 2019 in Europe were "controversial."  And what is with the quotation marks?

Dude, turn from the dark side.  Hate will consume you.  Jeez...

17 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I wasn’t there but one thing I do know is in the past it’s come up multiple times that the clock you see on Flo is not perfectly in sync with the clock on the mat. Now I have no idea if this was the case here, but keep in mind it is possible the clock on the mat was different. 

The clocks were synched.  The event was scored with Flo on the computers connected directly to TVs and monitors for the scoring displays.

17 hours ago, russelscout said:

I think its two.  Control of the leg and hip. 

Agreed, with Yianni's left hand posted on the mat which makes it a takedown in FS.  With two seconds on the clock, Yianni is also clearly on his left knee, his right leg is secured, McKenna's left arm ha secured Yianni's left hip.

Edited by neutralpositionref

11 hours ago, 77again said:

5-0  There's a bald-headed guy wearing glasses and a green shirt in the upper left corner also signalling for a TD.

thumbnail - 2.png

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2