Antitroll2828

Askren in the transfer portal

6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Flo shuts up Willie temporarily and uses that window to announce Ben is going to be on FRL full time in January, also seems he ll be stopping the rudis podcast which I thought was pretty good. 

I listened to the whole thing and missed where he's going FRL full time and stopping the Rudis podcasts?  

I need to listen better.

25 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I didnt hear that part. R u sure?

Yea he said he ll being doing something different with rudis when he starts doing the FRL podcast full time 

he said something along the lines of a cool project with rudis 

Edited by Antitroll2828

The way I see it it’s good for Flo in the sense that they have someone who actually understands high level wrestling. The negative is your adding another person who never thinks they are wrong and adding him to 2 others who feel the same way ...bold move by Flo to replace Willie though, hopefully it works out well. I think they look pretty bad announcing it while Willie is muted.

and if your a penn state fan you probably aren’t going to like it to much because Ben dislikes Penn State just as much as nomad and CP lol

Edited by Antitroll2828

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

and if your a penn state fan you probably aren’t going to like it to much because Ben dislikes Penn State just as much as nomad and CP lol

Can someone explain this take to me? I have listened to almost every episode of FRL and never gotten this impression. In fact CP leans Penn State a ton. Askren does hate Iowa though. 

13 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s an awkward situation because Ben is good friends with Martin who happens to be getting sued by Flo right now too and Ben talks up Rokfin and was one of the first people on it and I’m pretty sure Flo wants to put them out of business 

Martin is smart enough to realize not to burn bridges with Ben. 

34 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s an awkward situation because Ben is good friends with Martin who happens to be getting sued by Flo right now too and Ben talks up Rokfin and was one of the first people on it and I’m pretty sure Flo wants to put them out of business 

Is Ben's move back to Flo an indicator that the Rudis and Rokfin experiment isn't going as well as planned. He's diversifying.

25 minutes ago, potdangerous said:

Is Ben's move back to Flo an indicator that the Rudis and Rokfin experiment isn't going as well as planned. He's diversifying.

I get the feeling that his podcasting is mostly for fun.  I’m pretty sure he’s doing OK from his past MMA money, and wrestling academies, plus being the head coach of the Wisconsin RTC.

I still don’t really buy what Willie said about Flo paying him more to do podcasts than CP and Nomad make in a year or whatever, unless he’s going to do more than podcasts.

Rokfin and Flo are definitely competitors, but Rudis and Flo aren’t IMO.   Ideally they should be working together, hopefully this could be a start of that (unless it’s true that Askren isn’t doing the Rudis podcast anymore).

Edited by 1032004

20 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

FRL is basically admitting that minus Willie, those that remained, CP, Nomad, and Bratke, just couldn't maintain the show's audience. 

I see it more as blocking Rudis than making up for Willie. I for one went from only listening to Flo podcasts when Askren and Rowlands had their show, to not listening to any podcasts, to only listening to the Rudis podcasts. I thought the Rudis podcasts were the best wrestling podcasts ever so I'm bummed they will end. Matt Dernlan was a very solid partner to Askren.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

FRL is basically admitting that minus Willie, those that remained, CP, Nomad, and Bratke, just couldn't maintain the show's audience. 

Didnt willie say this was going to happen almost immediately after leaving? It appears this has been in the making for some time.

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

This is a completely baseless claim

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Didnt willie say this was going to happen almost immediately after leaving? It appears this has been in the making for some time.

I think Willie did say something like this, but why? Willie likely knew those guys couldn't carry that show on their own. Is the claim baseless? I don't think so given Flo did go out and get a guy who can carry the show. This is a classic case of no one will ever know, but the evidence is there if you want to judge for yourself. 

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I think Willie did say something like this, but why? Willie likely knew those guys couldn't carry that show on their own. Is the claim baseless? I don't think so given Flo did go out and get a guy who can carry the show. This is a classic case of no one will ever know, but the evidence is there if you want to judge for yourself. 

If that was the reason then why wouldnt Willie just say that? Why would this be the one issue that he shows restraint?  Please, the guy is still whining on twitter. 

Edited by russelscout