Mokoma

57 KG US rankings

Just now, Mokoma said:

Using the criteria can you post the very clear seeding that will happen at OTT?  Not being obtuse, I would just like to see how it’s looking the bracket will end up.

I never said the seeding is very clear. It's almost impossible to have very clear seeding across the board. I said the criteria are  very clear. There's really only 3: head to head, common opponents, and UWW event medal.

13 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Ok... I think most are just disagreeing with your use of the word “ranking”. I would call that a prediction. I agree with your prediction that Lee will win it, but I do not believe he should be ranked above Fix or Gilman (I don’t think that’s even really debatable).

Let's just pin this post, lock the thread, and save bandwidth. 

For the record, styles make matches but Lee looked great.  He's a great young man and would be a terrific rep if he can run the substantial gauntlet that is 57.

Can't wait for the Trials and see how it shakes out.   Definitely will plan to head to PSU.   I cannot for the life of me understand why these tournaments continue to be held in the wrestling backwaters.  No fans no energy, just entirely weak.  Had this been in NYC or Philly it would have been a raucous crowd.  PSU - in the middle of Nowhere USA - will be rocking I predict. 

Edited by TFBJR

As I assumed this was (or became) "lets ignore everything because we love Spencer Lee"

We all figured Lee was top 3 domestically before this weekend just had no results to back it up so seeding was in question.
Now.....
He beat a bunch of guys who obviously arent top 3 and crazies rejoice, but to everyone else.....

Nothing has changed.

"Well Gross only beat Suriano in the closing seconds did you not see Lee beat people other than Suriano?"

Yeah Gross also teched Nato...

"Well I'd rank him ahead of Gross".

Ok yeah he's top 3, I have no beef there we all knew it....

"If you dont think we techs his way through the Olympics you're a hater he clearly deserves the numbers 1 world ranking, he teched Jacob Moran in under a minute"

We arent arguing things that matter anymore are we?

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Also how does Colon factor in here from anyone who cares to reason

Colon has been brought up quite a bit already.  Personally I have him ranked about 10th.

Regarding Spencer it is funny how many people’s panties were in a bunch over Spencer being pre seed number 1 when USA wrestling has had Spencer number 3 behind Gilman and Fix all year.

That being said, I do believe he will win Olympic gold, but will have several more non tech matches in the near future.

13 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Colon has been brought up quite a bit already.  Personally I have him ranked about 10th.

Regarding Spencer it is funny how many people’s panties were in a bunch over Spencer being pre seed number 1 when USA wrestling has had Spencer number 3 behind Gilman and Fix all year.

That being said, I do believe he will win Olympic gold, but will have several more non tech matches in the near future.

I predict fix 2-0s him again ;)

On 12/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, nhs67 said:

Ffs guy. Can you not read?

Do you know what rankings mean? Do you know what predictions mean? Do you know what projections mean?

They are all distinctly different.

How do you even know how to type? Is there something actually wrong with you to be this stupid?

hello pot

Is Graff going down, up, or just going to try to make Greco? 

If Colon goes down he will be huge.  If he can make that cut I and have energy will be a very difficult draw.  I don't think he wins the spot, but I could see him beating anyone other than maybe Fix and Lee.  His defense is so solid.  In addition he may have the best gut of anyone in the country. It is probably up there with the best guys in the world. With his size and strength at that weight he only needs one takedown and he can open the score up in a big way.  Again I am not saying I think he wins, but he can definitely pose a problem, and he isn't someone you want to give a takedown to in the middle of the mat.

1-Gilman, he qualified the weight, so per the criteria he should be #1

2-Fix, if he's not suspended per the rumors and the reason he didn't go to Pan Ams to qualify the weight.  If so, Lee moves up and Fix is not ranked.

3-Lee, US Nationals Winner, Lee could be 2 per Fix suspension or Colon could be 2 and Lee 3.  

4-Colon, Former World Bronze from several years ago

5-Gross 

6-NATO

6-Arujao

7-Suriano

8-Garrett

9-Sanders

furthermore, if lee had any real impact on this decision, then why has gilman stayed at HWC for the last 3 years lee has been at iowa?

they haven't trained together for a long time as per gilman... 

this is about perry... not lee...

and also those fat stacks of cash NLWC can throw around...

even a child could understand that...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

furthermore, if lee had any real impact on this decision, then why has gilman stayed at HWC for the last 3 years lee has been at iowa?

Didn’t Lee just speak on radio yesterday about his great practice dummy?  I mean partner.

16 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

If that’s the case why wouldn’t Gilman follow Perry?

Because wrestling is Gilmans job...

the best employment situation is at NLWC for him right now...

Again... this isn’t checkers...

5 hours ago, LJB said:

Gilman has stayed there because Spencer had not to that point decided to wrestle freestyle. 

Now that he has, and Gilman knows he gets smoked, why would he stay?

16 minutes ago, LJB said:

Because wrestling is Gilmans job...

the best employment situation is at NLWC for him right now...

Again... this isn’t checkers...

But you just said he would have stayed if Perry stayed?

If the best employment place is NLWC why hasn’t he been there the last 3 years?

55 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Gilman has stayed there because Spencer had not to that point decided to wrestle freestyle. 

Now that he has, and Gilman knows he gets smoked, why would he stay?

Gilman and Lee have not rolled together in a very long time... the speculation he gets “smoked” is an unfounded narrative by fan bois...

Lee wrestled in senior nationals 4 months ago... why didn’t Gilman leave then?

57 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

But you just said he would have stayed if Perry stayed?

If the best employment place is NLWC why hasn’t he been there the last 3 years?

Of course he would have... as was the plan through this current quad...

there is no Tokyo... no Perry... he has a job offer from NLWC...

do I need to go get some crayons?

29 minutes ago, LJB said:

Of course he would have... as was the plan through this current quad...

there is no Tokyo... no Perry... he has a job offer from NLWC...

do I need to go get some crayons?

But there is Tokyo.   

31 minutes ago, LJB said:

Gilman and Lee have not rolled together in a very long time... the speculation he gets “smoked” is an unfounded narrative by fan bois...

Lee wrestled in senior nationals 4 months ago... why didn’t Gilman leave then?

What constitutes a very long time and how do you know this?

Come on... everyone knows you are nothing but a Lee fan boi, but, you don’t have to play this stupid...

gilman has said they haven’t trained together in a very long time... 12-18 months...

tokyo is 16 months away...

trials at least 12 months...

perry is out...

gilman has a job offer...

apparantly, he’s good buddies with Zain... his fiancée is a PA native... it makes all the sense in the world to go get paid for at least a year when your pastctrainjng situation just blew up...

thinking Lee is the driving force of this move is a child’s take... we all knew Lee was signed up for senior nationals in November... my guess that decision was known inside HWC for several months at least before that... as evidenced by Lee not taking a redshirt... safe to say last summer at the latest everyone knew Lee’s plans for senior wrestling... if gilman was running from Lee it would only make sense to have made the change then... 

he wasnt... he didn’t...

this is about Perry leaving...