Plasmodium

Last Chance Tournament Entries

58 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

2 spots up for grabs here with a "true 2nd"
Does anyone have the date for this tourney?

Last weekend in March, a week after NCAAs and a week before OTTs. Pretty tall order for guys like Cassar, Rivera, Hidlay who are wrestling the college season and want to compete for an Olympic team spot (unless they win an NCAA title).

Last weekend in March, a week after NCAAs and a week before OTTs. Pretty tall order for guys like Cassar, Rivera, Hidlay who are wrestling the college season and want to compete for an Olympic team spot (unless they win an NCAA title).
I totally agree but side note.
Hidlay doesnt need to bother.
And Rivera is wrestling for another country.
Also thanks for the info.
Cassar's shoulder ok? Any news there

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:
Why doesn't Hidlay need to bother?

Because I've put restrictions on what I think hes capable of and expect him to conform

I see.  I think he is on the same level as about half the field. I don't see him competing well with the top 4, but I'd like to see him try.

I see.  I think he is on the same level as about half the field. I don't see him competing well with the top 4, but I'd like to see him try.
Yeah hes super solid and could beat anyone or lose to anyone. (Outside of the top 4) but I see the size being an issue. Obviously he's not Pantaleo but I see it going similar. If youd just like him in the field totally understand. But if anything was going to keep him from competing at 100% or the last chance was a huge hurdle for him to get to. I'd say "why bother" I do think he has a solid future at 70kg though

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:
2 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:
It didn't work when Zain did it(intentional hands/fingers to the face) in all of their matches, so....

You get knocked out easier each time it happens. Like your tolerance goes down a bit. I'd be surprised if he survived skin checks.

haha

On 12/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, Mokoma said:

Pico would easily run the last chance tourney.  

If Pico wins his next fight on Jan 25th,  I say there could be a chance of him at that last chance tourney.  Just keep and eye out if he wins and if you see him all of a sudden at NY RTC with Valentin, you know it's going to happen if his sponsor schedule permits.

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
4 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:
haha

Love me some Pico. Do wish he'd go 100% back into wrestling but just not going to happen.

We'll see...if he wins on Jan 25th, you never know.   He just might show up at the Last Chance qualifier.

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
3 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:
We'll see...if he wins on Jan 25th, you never know.   He just might show up at the Last Chance qualifier.

He should win that fight but why only if he wins

Just because if he loses again, his mind not be right even though he'd be going back to wrestling for a short time.  Money...if he wins, way more money(show/win bonus) to do what he wants, but if he loses, way less and more pressure to win his next MMA fight.  He should have won that last night against Borics.  He was controlling the match and got caught with that flying knee. 

If he did actually win the Last Chance qualifier, he'd have to give up MMA training until the OTT/Olympics(if he won the OTT) and focus on wrestling. Missed time is money for him since he's a professional fighter. 

We'll see, who knows.

On 12/25/2019 at 12:31 PM, CA_Wrestler said:

If Pico wins his next fight on Jan 25th,  I say there could be a chance of him at that last chance tourney.  Just keep and eye out if he wins and if you see him all of a sudden at NY RTC with Valentin, you know it's going to happen if his sponsor schedule permits.

I’m pretty sure he was supposed to win all of his fights. Bellator is giving him every chance to succeed, he’s just not. 

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’m pretty sure he was supposed to win all of his fights. Bellator is giving him every chance to succeed, he’s just not. 

Well Pico is 4-3 and his 4 wins were impressive. His 3 losses were impressive too, but for the other guy.   :D   

In his 3 losses, he went toe to toe with Freeman and Corrales and got nailed, hard. When he went in on a predictable takedown against Borics, he got blasted with a flying knee. Borics knew the td attempt was coming.  

Will be interesting to see how Pico mixes it up next fight. As a fan, still want to see Aaron boxing and punching some, not just all wrestling. His KO's were terrific.

Back to the OP, yes, imo it would be real fun if Pico wins the fight then enters the last chance.    

On 12/23/2019 at 5:53 PM, nhs67 said:

The Hidlay bros will definitely put their hats in at last chance if they do not win NCAAs at 74 and 86 respectively.

As a matter of fact here are the college toons I see giving it a go:

57- Mueller

65- ?

74-Hidlay, Deakin, Joseph, Marinelli

86-Hidlay, Brooks

97-Brucki, Warner

125-Cassioppi, Wood, Orndorff, Hall, Hillger

I’d imagine McKee will be in there at 65kg

He can easily run through Bryce Meredith, Evan Henderson and Jayden Eirerman?
I would see his "international" heavy handed, style, being an issue for Meredith, but Eiermen and Henderson have been around enough and Pico away enough. I'd be surprised if he squanched both (obviously that wasnt directed at me) but even as a Pico fan I would expect Pico results.
Prime Pico easily techs all 3.
Current Pico (I would expect) a tech and a couple decisions one way or the other
But if he still teched all 3 with ease. How exciting would that be