treep2000

Revised NCAA Champ Picks - Christmas 2019 Edition

125 - Lee.  What have we learned?  This is Lee's to lose, and he may be pulling away at this point.

133 - Desanto or Gross.  We've learned that Desanto is the real deal this year after his win over Gross. However, Gross, when he's "on" can definitely bring it vs. Desanto.

141 - I'm calling it now that Nick Lee wins this.  He looked TREMENDOUS at Senior Nationals.  I don't care about "styles".  Nick is looking REALLY good.

149 - O'Connor.  This weight class is THE most confusing of all.  My level of certainty on this is hovering around 2%.

157 - Deakin.  He looks like a 174 wrestling 157.  I simply don't know how that can be.  However, his win over Hidlay and Carr locked him in as the man to beat.

165 - Joseph.  an honest tossup situation between him and Marinelli in my book right now.  

174 - Hall.  Kemdawg is going to give him a hell of a match, or Hall will pin him.  Hall is on that next level, and I'm not sure we have seen kemdawg there, yet...

184 - Zahid.  He's nearly a sure lock on this one.

197 - Moore.  Again, styles aside, his win over Gadsen proved he is now "next level" compared to the rest of the field.  He "should" have beaten Zillmer, if it wasn't for that flukey chest wrap 3 seconds into the finals match.

HWT - Gable.  Cassar won't be able to recover.  Gable's got this, but Parris is going to make a lot of noise in the process.

10 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

125 - Lee.  What have we learned?  This is Lee's to lose, and he may be pulling away at this point.

133 - Desanto or Gross.  We've learned that Desanto is the real deal this year after his win over Gross. However, Gross, when he's "on" can definitely bring it vs. Desanto.

141 - I'm calling it now that Nick Lee wins this.  He looked TREMENDOUS at Senior Nationals.  I don't care about "styles".  Nick is looking REALLY good.

149 - O'Connor.  This weight class is THE most confusing of all.  My level of certainty on this is hovering around 2%.

157 - Deakin.  He looks like a 174 wrestling 157.  I simply don't know how that can be.  However, his win over Hidlay and Carr locked him in as the man to beat.

165 - Joseph.  an honest tossup situation between him and Marinelli in my book right now.  

174 - Hall.  Kemdawg is going to give him a hell of a match, or Hall will pin him.  Hall is on that next level, and I'm not sure we have seen kemdawg there, yet...

184 - Zahid.  He's nearly a sure lock on this one.

197 - Moore.  Again, styles aside, his win over Gadsen proved he is now "next level" compared to the rest of the field.  He "should" have beaten Zillmer, if it wasn't for that flukey chest wrap 3 seconds into the finals match.

HWT - Gable.  Cassar won't be able to recover.  Gable's got this, but Parris is going to make a lot of noise in the process.

Why is it a toss-up for Marinelli and Joseph.  Marinelli is undefeated vs Joseph lifetime.

All solid picks. 

133 - still going Gross. Desanto has excellent wins every year but hasn’t had any of those wins at NCAAs   

149 - fair. I’d pick the field against him for now

157 - I think this is just classic Deakin. He looked amazing at the same tournament last year, but took losses later. I think Carr or Hidlay take it. 

165 - love this weight. I think Stanford may take it and Mekhi Lewis everyone. Cenzo or Marinelli are heavy favorites 

14 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

All solid picks. 

133 - still going Gross. Desanto has excellent wins every year but hasn’t had any of those wins at NCAAs   

149 - fair. I’d pick the field against him for now

157 - I think this is just classic Deakin. He looked amazing at the same tournament last year, but took losses later. I think Carr or Hidlay take it. 

165 - love this weight. I think Stanford may take it and Mekhi Lewis everyone. Cenzo or Marinelli are heavy favorites 

Can't argue with your rationale.  If I were to make "darkhorse" picks, Carr would be my 157  and Griffith from Stanford as my 165.  

On 12/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Why is it a toss-up for Marinelli and Joseph.  Marinelli is undefeated vs Joseph lifetime.

I think the toss up is whether or not Marinelli performs well at ncaas. He might be undefeated against Cenzo, but hes also underperformed both years at ncaa, where as Cenzos first two years he performed better at ncaas.

7 hours ago, Perry said:

125 - Lee

133 - Gross

141 - Lee

149 - Lee

157 - Deakin

165 - Marinelli

174 - Hall

184- Zahid

197 - Moore 

285 - Steveson

All three Lees go home with titles. Iowa wins it as a team.

I can certainly see 2 of the 3 winning but 149 would be tough.  Unless they let Spencer wrestled up, then he probably wins at least 4 weight classes.