goheels1812

Your Best 6

54 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
56 minutes ago, Mokoma said:
If Cox and Nickal both end up at 97 KG, then yes being a finalist against Taylor is a real possibility.

Yeah I was thinking if Cox and Nickel went 86kg being a finalist against Cox was the most likely scenario :)

You don’t think Nickal and Taylor would be 2 and 3 seeds?

Lol 100% I was just ribbing you implying Ringer would somehow be opposite Cox and beat both....

True statement: Cox is too positionally strong for Ringer to do Ringer things (horrible match up) feels like a 6-0 shut out type affair

I don't love his chances of success against Nickals length and funkalicious style but Bo is the one of the top 3 I could see him upsetting.

Against Taylor same. I think Ringer is far superior from Neutral but the length and funk comes into play again. Taylor does so well with counters (scrambling) against the elite of the elite. I see it as a lot of Ringer getting in deep and not scoring/giving up 2 or 3 and sadly breaking my spirit as a fan. If somehow it turns out he ends up being immune to the scramble exposures though, a few clean finishes and we got ourselves a match

COX will be the rep but it's fun to discuss

6 hours ago, spladle08 said:
6 hours ago, Mokoma said:

And also not sure how seeding would work after last weekend's results.

True, Ringer could easily fall to 6 or 7, but I don’t think that’s likely.  He should be 4th or 5th, although I still think the criteria is fuzzy. ;)

On 12/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, spladle08 said:

I'm just wondering If Dake goes all MMA but I do agree, dominating 79kg world titles is a solid proposition.
I'd be a little disappointed if Green has trained so much with JB he pulls a Marable. But we will cross that bridge when we get to lt

Burroughs only has to wrestle 1 person, right? I doubt Green gets by Dake, and you also have a handful of others that can beat him 

Burroughs only has to wrestle 1 person, right? I doubt Green gets by Dake, and you also have a handful of others that can beat him 
Oh is that how it works, returning world medalist at the weight straight to the wrestle-off portion?
I 100% dont know the rules heading in. For whatever reason I thought I had seen somebody post since it's an Olympic year you can only get a bye too the semis, but is that only if you're coming from a different weight like Dake and Cox?

I know we had a whole thread dedicated to this, wish I wouldve paid more attention.

30 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Oh is that how it works, returning world medalist at the weight straight to the wrestle-off portion?
I 100% dont know the rules heading in. For whatever reason I thought I had seen somebody post since it's an Olympic year you can only get a bye too the semis, but is that only if you're coming from a different weight like Dake and Cox?

I know we had a whole thread dedicated to this, wish I wouldve paid more attention.

Yeah spladle I think you got it right. JB should be sitting in best of 3 finals and Dake is sitting in the semis the night before.

(Feel free to correct if this is wrong.) 

57KG - Spencer Lee (has been dominant at every other level, think he is our biggest Gold threat at this weight, Fix and Gross are not too far off alternative options)

65KG - Yianni (just brings something different, similar to Lee has won at younger age levels, only legit Gold contender in my book.. although if the JO from this past weekend shows up for 2 days, who knows?)

74KG - JB (pretty much a toss-up with Dake, but JB is a total of about 2 seconds away from being 2-0 against Sidakov, so I think he takes the next matchup assuming he makes it to Tokyo)

86KG - David Taylor (having already knocked off Yazdani twice, definitely had the chops to bring home another gold, assuming he can get healthy in time)

97KG - Cox (in my opinion he is our best available option to beat Sadulaev, assuming that I could make the decision for him and have him prepare for 97KG and he competes properly bulked up for the weight class. I do feel he is ACTUALLY cutting to 86KG though, so this is more of a fantasy pick according the the format OP laid out.)

125KG - Gable (was pretty disappointed with Gwiz at 2019 worlds, assuming Gable continues to mature and get stronger, would love to see how he fairs on the Olympic stage)

**If Cox is indeed going 86KG, I would plug him in at 86KG due to unknown health status of DT, and then have Snyder as my 97KG rep**

Edited by Giovanni

On 12/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, spladle08 said:

I'm just wondering If Dake goes all MMA but I do agree, dominating 79kg world titles is a solid proposition.
I'd be a little disappointed if Green has trained so much with JB he pulls a Marable. But we will cross that bridge when we get to lt

Had he transitioned to MMA a few years out of college, Dake might well be a UFC LW/WW champ by now.  But at 30, I think that ship has sailed.

Not to mention, when asked about MMA years ago (at a BTS IIRC), he unequivocally dismissed the possibility.  

Too bad, as there's no other wrestler I'd rather see fighting than KD.

5 hours ago, whaletail said:

Had he transitioned to MMA a few years out of college, Dake might well be a UFC LW/WW champ by now.  But at 30, I think that ship has sailed.

Not to mention, when asked about MMA years ago (at a BTS IIRC), he unequivocally dismissed the possibility.  

Too bad, as there's no other wrestler I'd rather see fighting than KD.

Most fighters don’t make much, and there’s always a risk of brain damage (not to mention other serious injuries). It’s not a sport I’d wish on anyone. 

Of course, people are free to make their own choices in life. 

Most fighters don’t make much, and there’s always a risk of brain damage (not to mention other serious injuries). It’s not a sport I’d wish on anyone. 
Of course, people are free to make their own choices in life. 
I've been a big "the money is the same if not better for the top wrestling stars" person, for forever. I've always said *star Pico wrestler was more valuable than average Pico mma.
Same goes here, and Dake seems smart. If he goes out and gets beat up, itll be for fat stacks.... otherwise he will just beat Jabril Hasanov for the next few years and make a mint doing so.
If he fights, I'm tuning in. If he doesnt good for him .
I saw Chris Pendelton in a bar, after his competitive career and asked if he was going to fight. The digust he showed at the idea (as If he'd be stooping) has always resonated with me, to the point I never expect the greats to cross-over but of course always cheer on those who do.

According to Nomad, seeding, by rule, will be

1 Zain

2 JO

3 McKenna

4 Yianni

If true, Cael will not be happy. He may have to talk to God about this situation.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

EDIT: It was Pyles not Nomad who said this.

According to Nomad, seeding, by rule, will be

1 Zain
2 JO
3 McKenna
4 Yianni

If true, Cael will not be happy. He may have to talk to God about this situation.

As long as Yainni avoids JO and McKenna I'm happy. A JO vs Yainni final. I'm not complaining

I know there is usually a surprise at OTTs, but this year I will be shocked if the team is not comprised from the following list. Also listed my predicted rep first.

Lee
Fix
Gillman

JO
Zain
Yianni

Dake
JB

Taylor
Cox

Snyder

Gwiz
Gable

I can't see any of the other guys making it. This includes Ringer, Valencia, Molinaro etc

6 hours ago, Crash said:

I know there is usually a surprise at OTTs, but this year I will be shocked if the team is not comprised from the following list. Also listed my predicted rep first.

Lee
Fix
Gillman

JO
Zain
Yianni

Dake
JB

Taylor
Cox

Snyder

Gwiz
Gable

I can't see any of the other guys making it. This includes Ringer, Valencia, Molinaro etc

No chance of Nickal or Pico?

On 12/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, spladle08 said:

Fair. I wonder If he doesnt make the team if he instantly hangs them up.
I started to type that about Dake but then I thought the same about JB. Wonder if this is the last year we see both of em.
Should be a great battle

I'm not sure if they'll hold another Olympic year World Championships but I'd have to imagine the loser goes to Worlds.  Should be a cakewalk championship for either.  I'd really like to see JB at 79kg.  It may bring back some of the pop from 2017 and earlier.

I know we are all pretty sure Dake is going 74kg but he is looking huge lately.  Although not as big and puffy as from 2016.  It would be funny if he announces he's going 86kg again.  I think he wins that weight class as well.  

On 12/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, spladle08 said:

Day 2, Ringer looked like Ringer but day 1 something was up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a finalist .
You're right though people are definitely dismissing him

Most of his match vs Martin was pretty much the same as when he faced him a Farrell.... Just a bit different ending.

Revised as of J'den's announcement:

57 Lee

65 Yianni

74 Jordan/Kyle (May the best wrestler win. If I had to pick one - Kyle.) 

86 Taylor

97 J'den/Kyle (May the best wrestler win. If I had to pick one - J'den.)

125 Parris

3 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Revised as of J'den's announcement:

57 Lee

65 Yianni

74 Jordan/Kyle (May the best wrestler win. If I had to pick one - Kyle.) 

86 Taylor

97 J'den/Kyle (May the best wrestler win. If I had to pick one - J'den.)

125 Parris

Wow, I thought I was alone in giving Parris a shot.

Although I'm not sure he's ready for Gable/Gwiz in freestyle, I won't be shocked if he pulls it off.