Sign in to follow this  
tigerfan

South Beach Duals

Anyone else going? I could use some 80 degree sunshine and my girlfriend in a sundress.  Oh, and some great wrestling.  Any matches in particular that look especially interesting?

I'm looking forward to Jacques/Early, Hart/Tucker, Leeth/Wilson, Wisman/Hidlay, Jacques/Humphreys, and Kent/Kutler

From what I have heard, NC State and ND State are no longer going. Missouri is wrestling Cornell, Lehigh, Old Dominion, and Wyoming (unsure which on 12/29 and which on 12/30)

It will definitely be jumping into the deep end for Jeremiah Kent facing Kutler, Womack, and Hastings this weekend. I'm excited to see if he can keep his bonus rate up against quality competition

For those interested, SetonHallPirate  has the list of each's team's schedule competition (because the official team site schedules are wrong), however dates of the competition are still a mystery:

EDIT: Damn, you beat me to it @SetonHallPirate

Edited by Fighting_Blue_Jay

Mizzou match times

Action begins Sunday (Dec. 29) at 10 a.m. (CT) as the Tigers will face No. 25 Old Dominion. Tiger Style will square off against No. 24 Cornell at noon Sunday. Mizzou will then face Wyoming on Monday (Dec. 30) at 10 a.m. before closing with No. 14 Lehigh at noon that day. Team rankings are as of Dec. 16 according to FloWrestling.org.

There will also be a mini individual tournament to close each day, beginning at 2 p.m. (CT).

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

They need to switch Wyoming to face Lehigh in the 3rd times slot instead of Cornell.  It doesn't take much to know that makes the most sense and gives every team four(4) matches on the trip.

What makes you think Lehigh wanted to wrestle 4 times?

Koll used to say that he did not like the Southern Scuffle b/c it was a  "meatgrinder." But if Cornell is wrestling five duals,  his guys will wrestle as many matches as in a tournament (unless he has subs wrestle some of the duals).

Just now, nhs67 said:

Never said that.

I am saying it as a fan.

Actually you said that as if you were running the event.

I assume Cornell ended up with 5 either because that's what they always wanted or because someone dropped out and they needed to step up and fill a slot for another team so they would get what they wanted.

Hmmm... Cornell wrestling 5 duals (So.Dakota State, Mich.State, Wyoming, Missouri, Minnesota.)

Lehigh wrestling 3 duals (Minnesota, Duke, Missouri.)

Will be interesting to see how that will work out between them... with the dual clash up in Ithaca on Jan. 11.

D3

36 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Actually you said that as if you were running the event.

I assume Cornell ended up with 5 either because that's what they always wanted or because someone dropped out and they needed to step up and fill a slot for another team so they would get what they wanted.

Actually I said it as a fan.

I'm well aware of that as well SHP, but tanxs for point that out.

I was posting as to seeing the Big Red wrestling 5 to the Hawkineer's 3... and to use comparative duals (Minny/ Missou) as to project possible advantages for either side.

D3