russelscout

I'm going to my first NCAA's

Have a blast.  I've been to lots of amazing live sporting events and NCAAs is the best.  There isn't an event anywhere with a more engaged fan base.  Every person there is a hardcore fan and every match has intense rooting interests in multiple directions.  There is nothing else like it.

3 minutes ago, KayakArchitect said:

I'm looking to attend my first NCAAs, too. haven't bought tickets, yet. Definitely nervous about being too far from the mats. Anyone know how the mats will be setup and/or have good seas they are looking to sell? 

Not sure how to take a request to buy some seas from someone with a boat in his name!

6 minutes ago, KayakArchitect said:

I'm looking to attend my first NCAAs, too. haven't bought tickets, yet. Definitely nervous about being too far from the mats. Anyone know how the mats will be setup and/or have good seas they are looking to sell? 

No seas but I do have some beach front property in Kansas for sale.  ;)

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:48 PM, lu_alum said:

I bought a nice set of tickets for this year's championship.  However, I've decided to skip due to manner in which they plan to configure the football stadium.  From everything I've read, I would need binoculars to watch - even from my 4th row, 50-yard line seat.  Anyone need tickets?

Looking for two tickets. how much you looking for?

Congrats Russel, and all the other virgins. Last year was the first one I've missed in 30 years (due to NCAA greed). The picture is my arena from last year. I've been to 33 of the last 35 and it's my best R&R time every year. Bought some good binoculars for this year, but at least I'll be in the building.

55736494_1976811149113291_4074545137668063232_o.jpg

Edited by TNTwrestle

On 12/30/2019 at 11:32 AM, KayakArchitect said:

I'm looking to attend my first NCAAs, too. haven't bought tickets, yet. Definitely nervous about being too far from the mats. Anyone know how the mats will be setup and/or have good seats they are looking to sell? 

Sent you a PM.

This will be my second time at the championships (went to St. Louis a couple years ago to).  Going to be meeting up with a bunch of college teammates and we are hoping to make this our yearly reuinion. It is absolutely incredible.  Walking and seeing those mats before the first session gave me shivers. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:13 PM, boconnell said:

Have a blast.  I've been to lots of amazing live sporting events and NCAAs is the best.  There isn't an event anywhere with a more engaged fan base.  Every person there is a hardcore fan and every match has intense rooting interests in multiple directions.  There is nothing else like it.

Could not have said it better myself. 

Although I am nervous for the stadium set up, I am excited to see what might happen. Obviously tickets were tough to come by the last couple years and I like that the NCAA is trying something to get more fans opportunities to watch. I hope they utilize the giant scoreboards so all action is covered. There are a lot of question marks at this point, but it is a great venue so lets see if the greatest sporting event can thrive there.

This will be my 5th trip to the Championships. The comradery is second to none. As a Buckeye fan I have set in the Iowa section and made friends. Met up with some PSU fans during the break last year and had a great time. 

I hope the venue works and I can not wait!!!!!!

On 12/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, grappler6 said:

Glad to hear some first timers are making the trip this year! Hopefully my great state of MN shows you a good time.

This year will be my 8th and it is always a great time!

Some tips I would suggest for first timers

-most schools host a social at some point throughout the weekend. Find out when your favorite team’s is and attend.

-don’t expect to show up at the time a session starts and walk through the doors. For whatever reason the last two years have been slow at the entries.

-the semi finals/Blount round session are amazing be sure to be in your seat for that!

-it’s a marathon, not a sprint for the drinkers out there. Don’t let a fun Wednesday night ruin the rest of your weekend.

-check out fan fest. Usually some autograph sessions with famous wrestlers if that’s ur thing. Can purchase clothing and other wrestling murchandise. USA wrestling usually has a workout where u can watch all ur favorite stars.

That’s all I can think of for now. Maybe others have other tips. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with all of these. But I personally think the quarters are really amazing. Just SO much going on at one time. Every time you turn your head, someone who is great is getting upset. I always need a big exhale after the quarters.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, AKHUNTER said:

I hope the football stadium isn't the thing that will keep new comers from attending in the future. I have BIG reservations about this type of venue. Even with those reservations I am going to give it a chance. But if my reservations prove true.......... I certainly won't attend if/when the NCAA's go strictly to these type of venues.

$$$$ is king and the fans be damned. I MAY end up watching on TV from my hotel.......... I hope that isn't the case.

I have gone for many years and it's the funnest thing I do every year....... and I do MANY fun things. Such as , I already have my OLY Trials tickets.

This is a big concern for me as well. Will be tough to see any matches other than the one right in front of you. I hope I'm wrong.

So I bought tickets through the NCAA and ended up right on the 50 (good news), but I’m row D in the upper level (bad news). Should I go ahead and plan on bringing binoculars? Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Its up to your preference, but I would just Incase. I have been to football games there and sit in the second section row J near one of the end zones. I am able to follow the action on the opposite end of the field, but I still prefer to watch the video board instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, goheels1812 said:

So I bought tickets through the NCAA and ended up right on the 50 (good news), but I’m row D in the upper level (bad news). Should I go ahead and plan on bringing binoculars? Thanks in advance for any advice. 

only if you want to see the matches

On 1/7/2020 at 12:38 PM, goheels1812 said:

Telescope ... or take a tablet along with a good data plan & you can watch on ESPN with the rest of us. :)

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Telescope ... or take a tablet along with a good data plan & you can watch on ESPN with the rest of us. :)

Well that doesn’t sound promising haha. Oh well. Dad is getting older and I’m not sure how many more chances I’ll have to go with him. We will make the most of it along with all the others around us that can’t see anything lol