Crash

Guys Going to Rome

1/2/20 is the last day to register for the Ranking series event in Rome in mid January.

I assume USAW knows by now, or will know very, very soon, who we are sending.

I also assume the guys who go to Rome will not go to the Yargin and the end of January.

Has anyone seen/heard any announcements from any of the guys that they are going to Rome?

The only one I saw was that JO said he was going to one of the two but did know which one yet.  He said that in his interview after winning the OTT qualifier event.

Any other guys comment? 

12 minutes ago, Crash said:

According to Willie, reporting from Cell Block C, the following have confirmed they are going to Rome:

Colon (reported by @Grave) not WIllie.
Fix
Gilman
Green
McKenna
JO
Snynder (as reported by @de4856)

Good post, also love JO doing thangs..... too focused to lose!

If any mods from USAW read this thread, I have a respectful suggestion to offer.

We just need a list of those registered. The deadline has passed. A press release can wait. Can we just get a list for now?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The program for Rome shows that they are holding competition for non-Olympic weights.  Does this imply there definitely will be a Worlds later this year for these weights?  I don't see it on the UWW schedule.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Jason Nolf is also going to Rome. Good to see him back healthy, at least I assume he is healthy. 

I bet Nolf isn’t totally healthy, or he would have been at Seniors not too long ago. Pellicone might be a safer opportunity to get the rust out and get back into it but he didn’t try for a top 5 finish at Sr Nationals which I think is telling about his recovery. I hope he’s close to 100% though and will be cheering for him.

4 minutes ago, pamela said:

I bet Nolf isn’t totally healthy, or he would have been at Seniors not too long ago. Pellicone might be a safer opportunity to get the rust out and get back into it but he didn’t try for a top 5 finish at Sr Nationals which I think is telling about his recovery. I hope he’s close to 100% though and will be cheering for him.

He's not going.

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

David Taylor's Insta post that he is back and will be competing soon. No mention of Rome. 

Very good news. He needs to shake off the rust before OTT. Rome is obviously the best option if he’s healthy, but Yarygin would be a good tournament as well. 

30 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Very good news. He needs to shake off the rust before OTT. Rome is obviously the best option if he’s healthy, but Yarygin would be a good tournament as well. 

Yarygin may be tougher than OTT (sans Cox).  Probably not a good tourney to "knock rust off"... But hey... If he does well, then it would be a giant confidence boost related to his injury recovery.

18 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Yarygin may be tougher than OTT (sans Cox).  Probably not a good tourney to "knock rust off"... But hey... If he does well, then it would be a giant confidence boost related to his injury recovery.

I meant it in the sense of less to lose. At Yarygin he can get some experience against high level competition before OTTs. Nothing to lose except possible injury. OTTs may or may not be harder, but there’s far more on the line. 

I also think Yarygin will be less competitive overall this year because of how close it is to the Rome ranking event.

Edited by AZ_wrestling

15 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

I meant it in the sense of less to lose. At Yarygin he can get some experience against high level competition before OTTs. Nothing to lose except possible injury. OTTs may or may not be harder, but there’s far more on the line. 

I also think Yarygin will be less competitive overall this year because of how close it is to the Rome ranking event.

I see... I see... Yes... It's coming into focus.  Yup.  Got it.  I see your point.  ;-)

12 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Grand Prix in France is mid Jan as well. Might be a good event for him to get Senior level competition.Most top guys will be in Rome during the Grand Prix

41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

UWW released a registration list. Bo at 97. Nolf and Dake at 74 (among others)

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/matteo-pellicone-entries

On that page, they have a photo with this caption:  "Kyle DAKE (USA), the reigning two-time 79kg world champion, will be making his debut at the Olympic weight class of 74kg. "  Not quite true, is it?