Crash

Guys Going to Rome

If Nolf is too injured I would guess that the US Coaches would have sent the next in line, which is technically Massa after the WTT. I am sure Massa would have bit at the chance.

Also why only 2 US entries at HWT?

57 has Micic, Colon, Fix, Gillerman

65 is interesting.

74 has potential Chamizo-Dake match(YES!)

86 has Amine, Ringer, Valencia, Downey, Ramos...

97 has Bo and Zillmer as well as Cap.

125 only has Minnesota Storm teammates Gable and Tony. Why no Kerk?

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I like Mitch Finesilver repping Israel.

I didn't even notice that.

Imagine if the 149lb gent from last year?

Imagine if all four went for international careers and went 65, 70, 74, 79... now imagine how many forfeits per season they'd get as a family.

5 minutes ago, Crash said:

No JB at 74. Disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am fine with that. With how jacked 57 and 86 are with Americans I am very happy.

Add in Dake-Chamizo and blame. Perfect.

My lone disappointment is that we only have two gents entered at 125.

JB has already said previously that he isn't going to any of the ranking tourneys anymore after the seeding at 19 worlds... it effectively was a waste of his time... 

16 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

IMar's absence is noticable.

It was masked by Nolf being really injured, but IMar was not even close to being at full health in NYC.  Looked like his shoulder (or neck maybe) was bothering him a lot during all of his matches.

Lol 86kg is pretty tough, and then all of our guys. I mean looks like we will have several head 2 head but i hope we get to see  Zahid/Ringer vs Erdin or Punia

86kg
Deepak PUNIA (IND)
Ethan Adrian RAMOS (PUR)
Myles Nazem AMINE (SMR)
Fatih ERDIN (TUR)
Osman GOCEN (TUR)
Illia ARCHAIA (UKR)
Oleksii DOMANYTSKYI (UKR)
Alexander David DIERINGER (USA)
James Patrick DOWNEY III (USA)
Zahid VALENCIA (USA)
Rashid KURBANOV (UZB)

Pedro Francisco CEBALLOS FUENTES (VEN)

On 1/6/2020 at 1:33 PM, GoNotQuietly said:

Am I the only one who can't think of a worse possible matchup for Frank Chamizo than Kyle Dake?

You're probably right.  The only counters I would have are:
(1) we haven't seen Dake down at 74kg in a few years--will he be the same as 79kg Dake? and
(2) Dake is nearly impossible to score on, but Chamizo might be the most creative wrestler in the world.  If Chamizo scores in an early flurry and Dake is forced to go get one, will he have the horsepower?  That's right where Frank wants to be. 

On 1/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, nhs67 said:

Don't forget Amine and a Ramos(who has somehow wrestled Zahid close every time they had wrestled).

Ramos had one of the more up and down college careers that I’ve seen. AA as a freshman and then never made the podium again. Granted he did have some injuries to battle, but even when he was healthy he just never regained his freshman form. And you’re exactly right, for whatever reason he wrestles Zahid really well. (Fully acknowledging my obvious bias here) I actually think Ramos had an uncalled takedown to beat Valencia in a dual when Ramos was a senior. 

17 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

(2) Dake is nearly impossible to score on, but Chamizo might be the most creative wrestler in the world.  If Chamizo scores in an early flurry and Dake is forced to go get one, will he have the horsepower?  That's right where Frank wants to be. 

Yessir. They are both, Defensive experts,  but Chamizo is unique and as you said, super creative, I think he is going to create some flurries, and with both guys comfortable with upper body stuff... I feel like a 4 will be given up before it's all said and done. 
I do hope somebody gets a decent lead early and makes the other guy start wrestling. 
I'd be so disappointed at  2 shot clock points and a step-out 2-1 type decision.... which this could also easily be. 
give me an 8-8 criteria win.