TBar1977

Midlands Day 1 Thread

8 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

I know I’m biased but I love the way O’Conner wrestles with constant front headlock pressure. I need to start a counter for how many times he bounces his opponents head off the mat every match 

Yeah I actually have never watched him before the last match and had the same reaction....so you not too biased.

6 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Are Midlands finals going to be on BTN (TV or stream) as they have been in the past?  Or is it exclusive to Flo now?  Trying to plan where I’ll be tomorrow night to watch.  

It is not on my BTN TV line up, so I would assume its Flo or BTN Streaming Service. 

6 minutes ago, rcoates1 said:

Are there any post grads that anyone has seen? Just skimming through the brackets nobody jumped out at me.

Dylan palacio said he was going to enter but like most of the **** that kid does - just clickbait. 

no other post grads that I’m aware of. 

hate to say it but flap might have been onto something. Seems like NW just gave up on making this a good tournament when CKLV and Scuffle got better and better. 

23 minutes ago, Witherman said:

Dylan palacio said he was going to enter but like most of the **** that kid does - just clickbait. 

no other post grads that I’m aware of. 

hate to say it but flap might have been onto something. Seems like NW just gave up on making this a good tournament when CKLV and Scuffle got better and better. 

Johnni DiJulius said Dylan would wrestle midlands for 500 retweets.  

Outside of CKLV all these tournaments are fairly weak.  It’s kind of sad that the regular season is going by the wayside.  It’s going to be hard to draw new fans to the sport when nobody cares about anything other than conference and nationals.  

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Rough start for sure but I thought he wrestled pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd. He definitely was not ready for that 1st period onslaught though lol

Eh, to me he mostly blocked off afterwards, which was effective in slowing Desanto down, but didn't come close to generating any offense for himself.  Even when he got in on a shot late i nthe 3rd, he never tried to advance his position, just hold on to avoid the major.  He looked tough, but needs to time to develop some offense.  Not that wrestling Desanto is easy, I get it.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Eh, to me he mostly blocked off afterwards, which was effective in slowing Desanto down, but didn't come close to generating any offense for himself.  Even when he got in on a shot late i nthe 3rd, he never tried to advance his position, just hold on to avoid the major.  He looked tough, but needs to time to develop some offense.  Not that wrestling Desanto is easy, I get it.

Yeah that’s definitely a fair assessment. He’s usually the kind of guy that will rip off shot after shot in a match but Desanto was just way too much for him in every aspect. Also Desanto kind of dwarved him size wise. Desanto is a big 33 and Hernandez seems to be a small 33. UNC needs to bulk Hernandez up a little.