TBar1977

Midlands Day 1 Thread

13 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Glosser was more gassed. He was toast halfway through the second. He's making a big cut down from 157 last year. He outwrestled O'Connor, but didn't have enough in the tank to finish it.

Why make a big cut if he isn't going to start?  Wouldn't it be better to wrestle your natural weight?

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Why make a big cut if he isn't going to start?  Wouldn't it be better to wrestle your natural weight?

Feels he has a better chance to start at 149. He has 3 weights to choose from, all of them with returning AAs. He competed with Young last year and lost, so he's trying Lugo. He's a senior so he's not just going to concede.

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Stalling on the edge is out of control. Before it became a pushout every time, now refs have over corrected and the wrestler who gets forced out is rewarded every time. Its a joke. 

You are such a homer. Your guy was stalling there at the end. 

8 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Stalling on the edge is out of control. Before it became a pushout every time, now refs have over corrected and the wrestler who gets forced out is rewarded every time. Its a joke. 

Well isn’t “Forcing someone out” stalling in folkstyle?

Note: I didn’t see the call in question 

Edited by 1032004

23 minutes ago, lost said:

I just glanced over and apparently AC Headlee gave up a stall point by locking up double unders and forcing his opponent out!??  What kind of bs call is that.

I was trying not to be a homer and post about it but that’s one of the worst stalling calls I’ve ever seen. Trying to jack up a double underhook while Coleman backed out of bounds and the ref called stalling on Headlee. Yeesh 

Edited by goheels1812

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You are such a homer. Your guy was stalling there at the end. 

The Glosser call was different as he was the top man and was obligated to return. It looked weird, but was technically the right call. The other instances are ridiculous imo. If they don't back out, the offensive wrestler has a chance to score. Backing out is a smart calculation because you avoid a takedown and are only risking a stall call and half the time you get one in your favor. It's completely inconsistent. Just go to a pushout.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

“Forcing someone out” is stalling in folkstyle.

but, backing up and running out of bounds is not... ridiculous...

step out solves all this BS and forces kids to learn how to wrestle instead of run...

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

The Glosser call was different as he was the top man and was obligated to return. It looked weird, but was technically the right call. The other instances are ridiculous imo. If they don't back out, the offensive wrestler has a chance to score. Backing out is a smart calculation because you avoid a takedown and are only risking a stall call and half the time you get one in your favor. It's completely inconsistent. Just go to a pushout.

The only call I saw was the Glosser O Connor call, which russell complained about when it was actually correct. 

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

DeAugustino beat Hildebrandt 5-1 and has Lee in the semis.  Hopefully Rivera gave him the secrets to beating him.

That is a little misleading - it went to SV 1-1 and there was a real close call that could have gone either way.  Hildebrandt had/almost had the TD before DeAugustino countered for 4.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well isn’t “Forcing someone out” stalling in folkstyle?

Note: I didn’t see the call in question 

I was more referencing what I have  seen in general. Forcing someone out is stalling, but if the guy becomes a limp noodle, he will get "forced out" every single time. By calling it like that, you are litterally rewarding someone for not wrestling.