SamStall365247

Spencer Lee No Show

All these excuses for yet another Lee duck. Give me a break. Spencer beat up on a bunch of bums yesterday and knew he would not have the same outcome going up against a red hot Glory. Glory would have done the same thing Rivera did last year. Show him up in the later periods and expose his limited gas tank. DeSanto is now the man of the hour.

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

So whats your point? That Iowa should get to do it if Penn State does or that its bad in both cases? Not every conversation is about PSU.

I feel like I've already leveled my criticism at Iowa and Spencer's decision here.  Which is infinitely more criticisms then you have ever leveled at Penn State.

Anyway, yes, I do feel it's bad for the sport that Penn State is not participating in any of the marquee midseason events.

1 minute ago, Marcus Cisero said:

All these excuses for yet another Lee duck. Give me a break. Spencer beat up on a bunch of bums yesterday and knew he would not have the same outcome going up against a red hot Glory. Glory would have done the same thing Rivera did last year. Show him up in the later periods and expose his limited gas tank. DeSanto is now the man of the hour.

Clearly he's afraid.  After all, what are Darian Cruz, Nathan Tomasello, and Vito Arujau compared to Pat Glory?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I feel like I've already leveled my criticism at Iowa and Spencer's decision here.  Which is infinitely more criticisms then you have ever leveled at Penn State.

Anyway, yes, I do feel it's bad for the sport that Penn State is not participating in any of the marquee midseason events.

I criticize them all the time. I'm in no way a Penn State fan, again you are steering the convo towards PSU for no reason. 

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

I criticize them all the time. I'm in no way a Penn State fan, again you are steering the convo towards PSU for no reason. 

No, my very clear reason is to troll tbar.

EDIT:  My bad, I thought that was tbar I was quoting.

Edited by VakAttack

18 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

The logical extension of your thinking is that the sport as an abstraction doesn't matter. 

No - the point is, the powers that be (and especially Cael and Brands) have made it perfectly clear the the NCAA tournament IS in effect, the season - nothing else matters, not duals, not National Duals, not individual preseason tournaments, except as they  may affect seeding.  And since there really is not any control over scheduling other than the minimum match limits needed for  rankings and RPI, coaches can pick and choose which events, and even which matches, their guys will wrestle.  And make no mistake - it's not the kids doing the ducking, its the coaches.

"This is the business we have chosen."  We have made our own bed on this - we as fans have accepted this line of thinking, and I saw so many of you argue the point that the NCAA Tournament is the Crown Jewel, so don't mess with it... so this is what we get.  I don't necessarily like it, but unless the structure of the championship qualification process changes in some fundemental way, it  is what we've got.

Edited by red blades

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Clearly he's afraid.  After all, what are Darian Cruz, Nathan Tomasello, and Vito Arujau compared to Pat Glory?

when it comes to Lee, folk and free style is like night and day. The longer he spends in the ring, the greater the chance he has a close match.

36 minutes ago, simple said:

1. You do pretend to know what’s in people’s heads base on 2.

2. You made that claim. The burden of proof would be on you. 

3. You brought up Fix which had nothing to do with the topic in the first place.

4. That’s subjective and not true at all, really.

1. You do pretend to know what’s in people’s heads base on 2. You must confuse reading what other people are writing with pretending to know what is in their head.

2. You made that claim. The burden of proof would be on you. If this were a court of law you would be correct.  Since it is not, the burden of you being informed is not on me.

3. You brought up Fix which had nothing to do with the topic in the first place. Yes I brought up fix as an example of what I explained, and was relevant to my opinion on the whole matter.  Being on senior one world team to zero has nothing to do with an ORS vs an abbreviated NCAA schedule. But none the less, admittingly neither has anything to do with Lee' competition, it was just an observation.

4. That’s subjective and not true at all, really. You honestly don't think in the world of sports, champs/dynasties don't get people looking for any reason to throw shade at them?  More so than those who are not winning championships?

40 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

So getting back to why I asked the above question about Yianni D. I implied after Yianni wouldn't wrestle Nick Lee that the word that shall not be used came into play. It was stated in return that the reason he did it was to protect his seed at Olympic Trials, as if that even makes it OK, but I digress. But if he were to wrestle Oliver for first place in that event, that too would impact his Olympic Trials seed, would it not? A win over Oliver places him ahead of everyone except Zain. A loss to Oliver places him behind Jordan Oliver, no? 

So why not wrestle Nick Lee? 

I'm guessing nobody here really knows for sure.  So are you looking for guesses or a true definitive answer?

33 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

He must have taken that last match off of,  "red hot?"

1 hour ago, simple said:

I see you don’t understand proofs. That doesn’t disprove anything.

Any number(including one) is infinitely more than zero.

One is also one more than zero. They don’t invalidate each other.

As you understand proofs so well, please enlighten us and prove that.

1 hour ago, SamStall365247 said:

Wow, both 125 semis end in MFF. For what it’s worth, I thought Indiana had Glory in OT. 

definitely. glory was lucky to get to OT. terrible way for the match to end and you could set it on glory's face as his hand was raised. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Side question about another wrestler.

Had Yianni D. NOT lost to Joey McKenna at the Olympic Qualifier last weekend would he have wrestled in that final against Jordan Oliver? 

I think he wrestles for first but otherwise no more than he has to for OTT qualification. 

is that why kawhi leonard left the spurs..b/c he couldn't stand pop selling out the fans and resting his players?

the NBA has no business telling coaches who to play.

neither do we.

in fact, im pissed the coach O kept edwards helaire out of the game the other night after that great carry, he was obviously ready to play... lets send him some hate. they could have beaten OU even worse

how many in baltimore and houston bitched yesterday?

i bitched b/c houston lost which put TTitans in the drivers seat... but it's still none of my business what they do with their players

Edited by GockeS