SamStall365247

Spencer Lee No Show

1 minute ago, mistydawn said:

I don't take it too seriously, but your posts over the past few years have been seriously negative and pointed and I don't believe attacking these young men's character is appropriate for a message board and I don't believe it's okay to hide behind a screen name while doing so.  I've been reading your posts for the past few years and just hit a tolerance level that makes me wonder what is your problem with this young men is to be so consistently negative over an elongated period of time.  There must be a back story--so do share.  

If you have an issue with any post then just respond to it. Hopefully in time you will be able to figure out the nature of humor and sarcasm because to date you are way off base on how I use these boards. I like Spencer, and the posts you cite are me poking at Hawkeye fans, but you don't seem to understand that.

7 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Now I would pay good money to watch his mom kick Tbars ass

5 minutes ago, mistydawn said:

Pay per view would sell out, maybe for a good charity.  

You getting the picture, misty? If I didn't have a sense of humor in my use of these boards they'd be miserable. But by all means pile on. Too bad that is what seems to make you happy. 

Edited by TBar1977

I'm not being critical of a young man, I'm just asking you why you have been for the past few years and you refuse to answer.  I'm not piling on, just wondering what you have against Spencer Lee that has caused you to consistently be so negative over a long period of time.    Let me know if you want to talk.  I would love to hear your back story.  

1 minute ago, mistydawn said:

I'm not being critical of a young man, I'm just asking you why you have been for the past few years and you refuse to answer.  I'm not piling on, just wondering what you have against Spencer Lee that has caused you to consistently be so negative over a long period of time.    Let me know if you want to talk.  I would love to hear your back story.  

I don't have anything against Spencer Lee. Not interested in your overtures. That's is the second time I have told you this fact. 

45 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought you were watching Bama and Michigan? 

Very capable of multi tasking. 

Alabama is up 28-16 with 2:00 to go. And Tua said he’s coming back. 

David Stern passed away about an hour ago. One of the best to ever do it, and I’m not even a basketball fan. 

ESPN put out one of the best highlight videos ever, covering the past decade. 

And Minnesota shocked is again, beating Auburn.  

Just a few of the other sports stories happening right now  

2 minutes ago, mistydawn said:

He actually gave you his answer if you read closely enough. It is simple. Spencer went to Iowa. Spencer is a game changer. As such, he is a threat to PSU’s dominance.  If Iowa wins it once or even both of the next 2 seasons,  they may remain in the picture for quite some time. 

Again, the answer isn’t that profound. He simply doesn’t like Iowa. 

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Very capable of multi tasking. 

Alabama is up 28-16 with 2:00 to go. And Tua said he’s coming back. 

David Stern passed away about an hour ago. One of the best to ever do it, and I’m not even a basketball fan. 

ESPN put out one of the best highlight videos ever, covering the past decade. 

And Minnesota shocked is again, beating Auburn.  

Just a few of the other sports stories happening right now  

Yeah, I have been following those stories as well. The Gophers beating Auburn is surprising. 

You can take a lesson from Spencer Lee and how he holds himself accountable.  He was interviewed last week after he won the open and the guy tried to get him to call out Fix or Gilman or to say something about it's his weight and he said, that's not who I am.  I don't call anyone out, I just wrestle. He has always been complimentary of his opponent and when he's lost he has never allowed anyone to make an excuse for him.  Last year when his own Head Coach stated in an interview that he was dealing with some health issues and a reporter brought it up to Lee  later and asked him to comment and he said no excuses, once I step on the mat, if I lose, I simply got beat, I will not make an excuse.  You might want to take a lesson from a young man you have been persistent in your ongoing critiscim of and if you're going to call people out and take shots at him in a highly critical manner--then stand up and be accountable and don't hide behind a safe screen name.   

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You getting the picture, misty? If I didn't have a sense of humor in my use of these boards they'd be miserable. But by all means pile on. Too bad that is what seems to make you happy. 

I like that we can rib each other. I will agree with you I believe we have a live one here. Elevator doesn’t work often and when it does never reaches the top floor.

crazy knows crazy and what we have here is a whole lot of crazy.

I’ve asked Tbar the basically the same question in the past, why constantly throwing shade on certain individuals when it’s really not called for, nor true merit behind it. His answer was because others do that to PSU. Interpret that however you will. 

Edited by Lurker

3 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

I like that we can rib each other. I will agree with you I believe we have a live one here. Elevator doesn’t work often and when it does never reaches the top floor.

crazy knows crazy and what we have here is a whole lot of crazy.

That is why I don't get involved with people like this. They often can't discern what is actually going on. She actually took my three inch binder to hubbard street post seriously. She has no ability to discern humor and sarcasm from seriousness. None what so ever. 

Thanks, glad to know others have noticed.  I have no issues with the typical conversations on a message board, but I've been reading Tbarr's critiques for years and ignored them.  I won't do so moving forward.  

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’ve asked Tbar the basically the same question in the past, why constantly throwing shade on certain individuals when it’s really not called for, nor trie merit behind it. His answer was because others do that to PSU. Interpret that however you will. 

This does not even need interpretation. How is this not understood? I use humor and needling to prod those who prod PSU fans, that guy "Carl", Mark Hall's pumpkin sized melon and any other number of things. No one ever carps on those who throw that shade, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander. This has nothing to do with Spencer Lee or any other wrestler. 

9 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

This does not even need interpretation. How is this not understood? I use humor and needling to prod those who prod PSU fans, that guy "Carl", Mark Hall's pumpkin sized melon and any other number of things. No one ever carps on those who throw that shade, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander. This has nothing to do with Spencer Lee or any other wrestler. 

So I have two points to this:

1). I’ve heard the “he started it defense” before. The last time was a long time ago when I worked with the elementary youth club, but I have heard it before. 

2) Even if that being the case, was it Yianni, Lee, etc etc who were throwing shade at your PSU athletes? Or the people on here?  We know what the answer is so my question is why not throw it back directly at the people making those comments, instead of the ones only participating in working their ass off and making sacrifices you could never dream of?  You do have a good level of knowledge about the sport and that aspect I respect, I’m just curious, and that actually makes me even more curious, why it is you don’t have more respect for those creating the knowledge of which you have? And I’m a fan of no particular school. (Maybe that’s why I don’t understand the mindset?) You said it yourself it has nothing to do with Lee or anything other wrestler. So what makes you feel so good about yourself in throwing so much negativity directly at Lee and other certain wrestlers? Instead of directly at the people that are truly upsetting you? 

Edited by Lurker

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So I have two points to this:

1). I’ve heard the “he started it defense” before. The last time was a long time ago when I worked with the elementary youth club, but I have heard it before. 

2) Even if that being the case, was it Yianni, Lee, etc etc who were throwing shade at your PSU athletes? Or the people on here?  We know what the answer is so my question is why not throw it back directly at the people making those comments, instead of the ones only participating in working their ass off and making sacrifices you could never dream of?  You do have a good level of knowledge about the sport and that aspect I respect, I’m just curious, and that actually makes me even more curious, why it is you don’t have more respect for those creating the knowledge of which you have? And I’m a fan of no particular school. (Maybe that’s why I don’t understand the mindset?) You said it yourself it has nothing to do with Lee or anything other wrestler. So what makes you feel so good about yourself in throwing so much negativity directly at Lee and other certain wrestlers? Instead of directly at the people that are truly upsetting you? 

I am not throwing shade at Spencer Lee, even if you interpret it that way. His not wrestling Glory 2x is an actual point of discussion, just as Koll getting lawyers involved this past summer was a point of discussion. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

I am not throwing shade at Spencer Lee, even if you interpret it that way. His not wrestling Glory 2x is an actual point of discussion, just as Koll getting lawyers involved this past summer was a point of discussion. 

Okay. I’m laughing now. I guess we can end it here. 

1 hour ago, mistydawn said:

You didn't answer and posted again on the same topic, so yes, I figured you were not going to answer me.  If you want to call me let's talk, you can message me privately as I requested originally.  I think what you've done over the years is wrong and I believe your criticism has been consistent and misguided.  I truly want to find out what the back story is, because your comments have been harsh for some time now and I hit a threshold that I am not going to let go any longer.  

This one sound like they've ascribed to wokism.  Imma gonna go pop some popcorn.. anyone want any?

8 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

This one sound like they've ascribed to wokism.  Imma gonna go pop some popcorn.. anyone want any?

She has a lot of "call me"  "I want" "I want" "I think" "I'm not going to ..."

She can't figure out what sarcasm is. This is about her, not me. 

TBar, I guess calling me a she is another form of sarcasm and humor...  The issue with Lee not traveling to Princeton was that the trip was the week prior to the Open and I'm assuming they didn't want to risk injury the week prior to qualifying for the Olympic Trials and also the fact that he was about to wrestle a different style of wrestling and they wanted him to focus on freestyle and not switch back to folk style.  It was just a timing thing just as not wanting him to wrestle multiple days a week after a five match Open.  If you can't interpret this dynamic then I fully understand the depth of your issues and I will become more understanding of your ongoing problems that are contributing to this lack of basic comprehension.  Hang in there. 

1 hour ago, mistydawn said:

TBar, I guess calling me a she is another form of sarcasm and humor...  The issue with Lee not traveling to Princeton was that the trip was the week prior to the Open and I'm assuming they didn't want to risk injury the week prior to qualifying for the Olympic Trials and also the fact that he was about to wrestle a different style of wrestling and they wanted him to focus on freestyle and not switch back to folk style.  It was just a timing thing just as not wanting him to wrestle multiple days a week after a five match Open.  If you can't interpret this dynamic then I fully understand the depth of your issues and I will become more understanding of your ongoing problems that are contributing to this lack of basic comprehension.  Hang in there. 

Dont misinterpret Tbarr's disdain for Iowa as disdain for Lee.

Wow, can we refocus this thread and discuss something important, like the fact that I broke this story before any news/media/Twitter accounts did?

i absolutely could not have done it without my themat.com platinum account! Best $20 I ever spent.