TBar1977

Midlands Day 2 Thread

God that was ugly... I don't even know who deserved to win but there were like 5 blown calls.  Gross should have gotten a TD with the hand down.  I'm pretty sure that with a successful challenge at the end they should have reset the clock.  Also I saw the ref call stalling twice and Rivera never got awarded a point.  Finally that should have been a five count at the end

I'm sure I'm forgetting some

Somebody get Gross a sandwich, yeesh.

2 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Thanks.  Details?

Gross got taken down three times in regulation.  Hit a lat drop for 6 to take the lead.  He was riding and appeared to get reversed, but it wasn't called.  Then he was hit for stalling on top (his second stalling call).  Then Rivera may have been given a reverse, but it was waived off after review.  It looked like Gross was back on the leg for at least 5 seconds and should have been hit agai, but he wasn't.  Then at the end of the match, after the reversal was waved off, there was 8 seconds, and Gross dropped to the leg again for what lookedl ike very close to 5 seconds, but after review, that was also waved off.

2 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

Rivera clearly outwrestled him minus the toss on the end line. Poor reffing at the end, if that wasn't a reversal, should've been a stalmate.

That was a heck of a toss.  lol