TBar1977

Midlands Day 2 Thread

2 minutes ago, Perry said:

The way that Cass was giving up that shot in the first period makes me think that someone like Gable and Cassar would tear him apart. A solid mid-AA finisher for Iowa but I do not see anything that makes me think he will be contending for a finals appearance

Parris will beat him this time around, given Parris trajectory and improvement. 

1 hour ago, DuckFor2 said:

Rivera clearly outwrestled him minus the toss on the end line. Poor reffing at the end, if that wasn't a reversal, should've been a stalmate.

gross would have won in the 'real' style tho... b/c his 4 pointer would have given him 'criteria'

16 minutes ago, NonspecificJargon said:

Just catching up on all the activity, CBASS was absolutely robbed...several times.

I thought the refs muffed several call for Seabass as well but I don't know if thats fair really.  The biggest impact screwup to me was that Gross has a clear TD when he was behind and forced Rivera's hand down that wasn't called even after review.  If he gets those two points and the clock gets reset (which I believe is the rule but someone please correct me if I'm wrong) then suddenly you're looking at a 4-2 Gross score with Gross on top in the 2nd.

Edited by lost

2 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

If it was stalling when Gross was holding onto the leg for 5 seconds, why wasn’t it stalling again as he held onto it for the rest of the match?

Ref was afraid to make the call. Match started with :08 on the clock and he was counting the entire time. 

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Parris will beat him this time around, given Parris trajectory and improvement. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. Athletic heavyweights, especially ones who can actually take a shot, assuming they weigh more than 197 are going to give him trouble. I know he committed war crimes against Parris at Fargo two years ago but I would put my money on Mason this time around. I may be wrong but he's certainly closing the gap, Imo.

2 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

If it was stalling when Gross was holding onto the leg for 5 seconds, why wasn’t it stalling again as he held onto it for the rest of the match?

Just now, SamStall365247 said:

Ref was afraid to make the call. Match started with :08 on the clock and he was counting the entire time. 

the first call against gross, when cbass had his leg... may have been a bit bogus... i believe thats called 'baiting' for some reason...

the top man has no way to bring you down...

also, cbass stood there behind gross earlier and did nothing for :13 and nothing was called.

guess they should have been on the edge so they could have forced a step out

i do agree the ref totally schmucked this match... but i also know i wouldn't want to be the ref in that situation.

i agree with the no call of a reversal for cbass, b/c when it supposedly was called... there was no change in position

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I missed Rivera Gross in real time and just saw it now. Rivera totally outwrestled Gross. Hated the result. 

It’s a shame he scored fewer points!  Reminder:  mat wrestling is a part of folkstyle.

Edited by jchapman