TBar1977

Midlands Day 2 Thread

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Lugo has never lacked talent. Even while at Edinboro, he was a top guy at any given day but had issues with consistency. Remember he beat Sorensen ... what is it now, three years ago? I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss him as a legit #1. He looked the best I’ve ever seen him in the finals, like he could go another couple of periods no problem. 

Come on...The guy was 8th last year and the best in the weight are taking an olympic redshirt.  The point that it's an off year at 149 is very true.  Very rarely does a guy go from 8th to 1st between RS JR and RS SR years.  

Just now, VakAttack said:

One was out to the side off the hips, the other guy had his head buried on the mat.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Out to the side holding onto a wrist and his ass. Zero attempts to do anything with it doesn't = offense, Vak, I'm sorry. It was a moot point regardless, Cass was the better wrestler regardless. 

3 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Come on...The guy was 8th last year and the best in the weight are taking an olympic redshirt.  The point that it's an off year at 149 is very true.  Very rarely does a guy go from 8th to 1st between RS JR and RS SR years.  

Which of the guys do you think he cannot beat? I can’t see him beating Yianni who may not even wrestle 149 next year. 

His head was on the mat. It's an easy call. You want to take a shot at Iowa, I get it. It's hard to break down a guy sitting on his ankles. Cass got off parallel and Stencel responded by doing nothing and burying his head on the mat. Stencel literally didn't move at all, Cass did.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

His head was on the mat. It's an easy call. You want to take a shot at Iowa, I get it. It's hard to break down a guy sitting on his ankles. Cass got off parallel and Stencel responded by doing nothing and burying his head on the mat. Stencel literally didn't move at all, Cass did.

Except he literally didn't move either... you are making stuff up now. I am not even trying to take a shot at Iowa here and already said Cass proved he was better regardless.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

What is this ref doing? Nothing changed and suddenly he called takedown and stalemate....Storniolo is right to be incensed. Do they not have a challenge?

Bad call. Nothing changed and then we get an instant stalemate. What a joke. 

15 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Which of the guys do you think he cannot beat? I can’t see him beating Yianni who may not even wrestle 149 next year. 

I'm assuming Yianni and/or Eierman would have filled in at 149.  If Eierman is at 149 for Iowa next year, it will be an upgrade over Lugo.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

9 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

I'm assuming Yianni and/or Eierman would have filled in at 149.  If Eierman is at 149 for Iowa next year, it will be an upgrade over Lugo.  

I used to agree with this but I’m not so sure anymore. He may be an upgrade but I don’t think a huge one  Eierman is unproven at 149 and has looked unimproved and vulnerable this year albeit in freestyle while Lugo looks (so far) significantly improved.

Anyway, if you’re single answer is a guy from a lower weight who may not even wrestle 149 next year, let alone this year in a hypothetical acensiro, you are supporting my point more than not. Lugo at #1 isn’t so crazy even when you consider the redshirts. 

Why all of the hate on Lugo? He has underperformed at NCAA’s almost every year and has pretty much been a top 10 guy since his true freshman year. His postseason finishes have not been representative of his talent. If you’ve watched him, this is not the same guy as last year. He can win it. 

Edited by SamStall365247