3 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:
  1. Head-to-head competition — 25 percent
  2. Quality wins — 20 percent
  3. Coaches Ranking — 15 percent
  4. Results against common opponents — 10 percent
  5. RPI — 10 percent
  6. Qualifying event placement — 10 percent
  7. Win % — 10 percent

Ok I thought 3/4 were the other way, as such carries 5% more weight than I thought.  The complete separation though I referring to is set criteria-result based vs opinion based. But you have a point there in that opinion is somewhat of a factor. 

49 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

He was there, they were at Wilkes and they wrestled at Wilkes. I don't recall, say, Mark Hall not wrestling the finals at Wilkes. Once you are there you should wrestle unless you can't. 

didn't realize they were at wilkes.

but dont start with the dont forfeit...guys have been forfeiting since the old UNO open days...

46 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Spencer isn't Iowa, as in he isn't the whole team. PSU had a bunch of guys (also not the whole team, but several) at OT qualifier. They sent 3 guys to Southern Scuffle. Redshirts, but still. The rest went to Wilkes. I don't see the problem. 

so why did you post this? 

For those that show up to battle, we salute you! May all wrestle injury free today!

Edited yesterday at 12:22 PM by TBar1977

15 minutes ago, GockeS said:

so why did you post this? 

For those that show up to battle, we salute you! May all wrestle injury free today!

Edited yesterday at 12:22 PM by TBar1977

Because it sounded funny, and it was. 

2 hours ago, Perry said:

I was at that specific big 10 tournament and remember it well. An iowa fan threw trash at me and my brother bc he was wearing an illinois hoody (our dad was an IL alum) during the 125 finals. I began hating iowa that day

Wow. Thats terrible. I would have thrown something heavier. Something that could do real damage. Those arent true Iowa fans.

This isn’t really about the Farrell or Senior Nationals, it’s about Cael not wanting his guys wrestling over the holidays, he should just come out and say it.  Penn State has capable backups along with the 6 starters that didn’t wrestle an Olympic trials qualifier to field a solid team at the Scuffle.  

1 hour ago, WF89 said:

This isn’t really about the Farrell or Senior Nationals, it’s about Cael not wanting his guys wrestling over the holidays, he should just come out and say it.  Penn State has capable backups along with the 6 starters that didn’t wrestle an Olympic trials qualifier to field a solid team at the Scuffle.  

They have wrestled the Southern Scuffle for years. What evidence can you show that they suddenly won't wrestle "over the holidays"? 

35 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They have wrestled the Southern Scuffle for years. What evidence can you show that they suddenly won't wrestle "over the holidays"? 

I love the way Cael grows the sport.

I said it with SLee and I’ll say it again. Wrestling is an individual sport and these guys don’t owe the fans a thing. Football is paying their scholarships not some 50 fan upset that he only gets to watch 3 good days of wrestling a year.

44 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

I said it with SLee and I’ll say it again. Wrestling is an individual sport and these guys don’t owe the fans a thing. Football is paying their scholarships not some 50 fan upset that he only gets to watch 3 good days of wrestling a year.

Amen. Guys are acting like these are pro athletes that have an obligation given the immense, fan supported salaries they receive.  They owe us nothing. 

I have a personal philosophy.  I like to watch someone who is better at something than I will ever be at anything. They owe us nothing.  We are just voyeurs while they exceed our capabilities. 

13 hours ago, KCMO2 said:
  1. Head-to-head competition — 25 percent
  2. Quality wins — 20 percent
  3. Coaches Ranking — 15 percent
  4. Results against common opponents — 10 percent
  5. RPI — 10 percent
  6. Qualifying event placement — 10 percent
  7. Win % — 10 percent

Is this still the current seeding criteria??

This can't be right. I thought with New Math it had to add up to 110%?