Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Iowa Post Midlands

23 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

In 2018 he did lose in the semis. You are right. That may strengthen my argument though. He fades against the best competition late in the tournament. It sucks because it isn’t due to lack of preparation, wrestling skill, or effort. 

I don’t like that somehow I am the Marinelli hater now. I want him to win the title. I do not think he will, but it’s certainly possible. He is the favorite against the current field in any one off match. I didn’t even consider betting against him. 

I am definitely not taking a bet that he only loses to Cenzo. If you want to bet he wins the title and I bet the field wins, I’m game. No exceptions for injury or anything else, once the tournament starts (if he can’t compete, bet is off. If he shows up to his first match, bet is on.) Your  proposal is removing one of the main threats to Marinelli. It sounds like you are doubting his ability to win too. 

i don’t want to put anything real on the line, as I’ll be rooting for Marinelli in most matches. Want to say losing makes a $10 Donation to the Hawkeye wrestling club? 

Come on.  I am not going to take a bet of him against the field.  Especially when the field includes a 3x Finalist and 2x Champ at the weight.  Considering I am taking him over every other DI wrestler but Joseph, the odds are still solidly in your favor.  As far as the type of bet you offered at the end, that is the kind of bet I was thinking of. You take the field minus Joseph and  I am in.  If you agree,  let's make sure to remind each other about the bet once the NCAA Brackets come out.

35 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Come on.  I am not going to take a bet of him against the field.  Especially when the field includes a 3x Finalist and 2x Champ at the weight.  Considering I am taking him over every other DI wrestler but Joseph, the odds are still solidly in your favor.  As far as the type of bet you offered at the end, that is the kind of bet I was thinking of. You take the field minus Joseph and  I am in.  If you agree,  let's make sure to remind each other about the bet once the NCAA Brackets come out.

I’ll pass. I’m not betting that someone outside of the likely 2 top seeds wins. My pick is Joseph to win the weight. 

I might end up picking Stanford, but for now Joseph is my pick