Lurker

Wrestler of the Year.

For those that may not know the UWW released their top 3 athletes in each style, with cash to the top three (30k, 20, 10). These were based off of points in the ranking series events this past year. MFS was the intriguing one as of the top three, the winner was the only one who didn’t win Gold (Chamizo-Cox-Petro). I like the new cash incentive, to bolster the ranking series events. But the outcome just doesn’t seem right.  Wonder if they reevaluate given this result to add additional points for winning gold. 

PS other winners were Lorincz in GR (HUN, and also world silver) and Mensah-Stock in women’s. 

For those that may not know the UWW released their top 3 athletes in each style, with cash to the top three (30k, 20, 10). These were based off of points in the ranking series events this past year. MFS was the intriguing one as of the top three, the winner was the only one who didn’t win Gold (Chamizo-Cox-Petro). I like the new cash incentive, to bolster the ranking series events. But the outcome just doesn’t seem right.  Wonder if they reevaluate given this result to add additional points for winning gold. 
PS other winners were Lorincz in GR (HUN, and also world silver) and Mensah-Stock in women’s. 
As I posted in the other thread sounds like you're wanting an OW award for the World Championships. Not something that accounts for your participation throughout the year. Gotta incentivize these guys to wrestle more. It's good for everyone, and this is a solid start.

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

As I posted in the other thread sounds like you're wanting an OW award for the World Championships. Not something that accounts for your participation throughout the year. Gotta incentivize these guys to wrestle more. It's good for everyone, and this is a solid start.

No not wanting anything. And and as I said  in the post you quoted I like the cash incentive. It just feels a little odd in the scenario where among the contenders the only non champ is the winner. And that makes me wonder if they’ll add a little more weight to the world gold moving forward. No complaint, just curiosity. 

No not wanting anything. And and as I said  in the post you quoted I like the cash incentive. It just feels a little odd in the scenario where among the contenders the only non champ is the winner. And that makes me wonder if they’ll add a little more weight to the world gold moving forward. No complaint, just curiosity. 
Fair, adding weight to the medals (if hasnt been done? I know medal winners start the following year with a set # of points) is a great idea but I also wonder how many points you give Silver vs Gold... its not like he didnt place.

Also do you know the points people enter this year with from Non Olympic weights? Its 0 when you change weights right? Does that matter for Olympic Seeding? Is Dake currently at 0 points? For 74kg? I hadnt been considering that. Any info appreciated!

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Fair, adding weight to the medals (if hasnt been done? I know medal winners start the following year with a set # of points) is a great idea but I also wonder how many points you give Silver vs Gold... its not like he didnt place.

Also do you know the points people enter this year with from Non Olympic weights? Its 0 when you change weights right? Does that matter for Olympic Seeding? Is Dake currently at 0 points? For 74kg? I hadnt been considering that. Any info appreciated!

If I remember correctly from prior to wolrlds, Dale, Cox, et al are starting with zero points. Has to be same weight. I’m only 99% sure on that though. 

If I remember correctly from prior to wolrlds, Dale, Cox, et al are starting with zero points. Has to be same weight. I’m only 99% sure on that though. 
Dake and Cox restarting with 0. Is more egregious than "Chamizo Wrestler of the Year" feel like you obviously can't bring all you point in. But 0... what a fun year this shall be

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dake and Cox restarting with 0. Is more egregious than "Chamizo Wrestler of the Year" feel like you obviously can't bring all you point in. But 0... what a fun year this shall be

Good point. Or even just start at zero every year. 

Edited by Lurker

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
11 minutes ago, Lurker said:
Good point. Or even just start at zero every year. 

You mean restart everyone with 0? Regardless of previous years accomplishments? That's be solid

That would be my ideal process. But maybe that’s why I’m not in any kind of position to write those procedures.